Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Nice! Congrats on your Reo!
I hope you like it... no, Love It! My wife just bought me my 2nd Reo for my birthday earlier in the month, a beautiful Cherry Woodville with an Ebony door.
I love my Reos and haven't purchased another mod for myself since getting my first Grand nearly 2 years ago!
A little practice, and you'll be a seasoned, sqonkin' Reonaut!

That's a great birthday gift. The Woodvilles are very classy looking. I'll make do with the basic Grand for now.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
That's a great birthday gift. The Woodvilles are very classy looking. I'll make do with the basic Grand for now.
Absolutely! I'm grippin' my Grand as we speak. My NET's never tasted so good!
MVJ Capt. Black Royal Pipe, 0mg, no sweetner tastes fantastic in the RM2... the flavor is lighter than I was expecting but still a very pleasing vape.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
NET's in a Reo are a great thing.

Tonight I have been enjoying Caven Fever from RBFS. In the past I have been rather indifferent on Cavendish... but I really like this one. Nothing too complex... just a smooth NET with a mild sweetness.
Agreed!
I have been wanting to try Caven since I can remember, yet for whatever reason I keep skipping over that one... :facepalm:
I'm adding it to my wish list now, along with Pirates Drunken.
Of course I'll get my favorites too... Porch Rocker and St. James Parish. Thanks for the reminder! :toast:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Agreed!
I have been wanting to try Caven since I can remember, yet for whatever reason I keep skipping over that one... :facepalm:
I'm adding it to my wish list now, along with Pirates Drunken.
Of course I'll get my favorites too... Porch Rocker and St. James Parish. Thanks for the reminder! :toast:

vaping Watch appears to still have the RBFS sale of $10 for 30ml: River Bottom Fog Sauce

beachbumcm

May 11, 2015
Ive really expanded my tastes and have come full circle on several nets, especially GeJ's organic #1, several nets sent to me by patio which are based on darker cigar blends, which are awesome now. I still just can't get past Patriot...got a 30 ml bottle but I just am not feeling it. There seems to be a perfumey flavor, and a leather flavor in there that I'm just not a fan of. Maybe my tastes will change like they have recently.

After 3 weeks since bottling, my net.com Big Spirit was not ready, so ill let it sit a couple more weeks.

I might pickup that magma you guys seem to enjoy!

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Vaping Watch appears to still have the RBFS sale of $10 for 30ml: River Bottom Fog Sauce
Nice! Thanks @67Tele! At those prices, I'm grabbing a few others as well. Blondie's Wife, Petner's Pipe, Poet and F&B comes to mind;)
I noticed that the RBFS link on page 1 isn't working anymore... I was thinkin' they were off on their own now.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Soooo... Thanks to the generosity of my lovely wife, I just placed an order with RBFS, one of every-single-NET he has along with 2 extras of Porch Rocker and St James.
I was struggling with the idea of getting 2 Cavin and 2 or more Poet but I decided to at least try them out first before jumping in.
My NET.com order should be arriving tomorrow as well. Feels good to have some stock again!

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
Soooo... Thanks to the generosity of my lovely wife, I just placed an order with RBFS, one of every-single-NET he has along with 2 extras of Porch Rocker and St James.
I was struggling with the idea of getting 2 Cavin and 2 or more Poet but I decided to at least try them out first before jumping in.
My NET.com order should be arriving tomorrow as well. Feels good to have some stock again!

Everything I have had from RBFS has been great. I'm vaping Count Caramel tonight. It's really good... I didn't think much of it at first, but after a couple of months of steeping it's really starting to shine. The blend of Caramel and tobacco is just about perfect in my opinion. You can really taste both and they compliment each other so well.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Big Spirit from NET.com was retrieved from my archive of liquids today. I needed a taste bud reset after having had a cold and a persistent chesty cough and some juices tasting funky on me lately or lacking taste at all.

Well, Big Spirit has been a godsend. Still as good or better as the day I got in August 2013.

One of the very best NETs out there.

Also, Sun cured Nicarau from MVJ is one of the better cigar offerings by MVJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Everything I have had from RBFS has been great. I'm vaping Count Caramel tonight. It's really good... I didn't think much of it at first, but after a couple of months of steeping it's really starting to shine. The blend of Caramel and tobacco is just about perfect in my opinion. You can really taste both and they compliment each other so well.
Count Caramel was a really good juice from what I recall. My only other order with RBFS was Porch Rocker, St. James and CC. The tobacco came through sharply and then the caramel took over after releasing the button. A beautiful vape that isn't dessert-y.
I wasn't a fan of it fresh though and almost disregarded it... I'm glad I gave it another shot months later.

Last edited:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
There has been a lot of talk about what is a NET and why it is different than TA. I am not necessarily looking for rebuttals and rather more an education.

To me a NET is naturally extracted tobacco or extracted natural tobacco using real tobacco leaves. In a nutshell a process is used to make the final tobacco extract. No other ingredients are added in the extraction process other than perhaps PG/VG. The extract then becomes the tobacco flavor that is used to make the final juice - a combination of different tobacco extracts can be used, other flavors such as fruit can be added to make it a hybrid, etc. I do find that most NET vendors clearly state they are using naturally extracted tobaccos, some will go as far as stating what tobacco flavors are used and even describe the nuances. Any non-tobacco flavors added generally takes the back seat in the description and its all about the tobaccos and that is OK.

As far as TA, I am totally confused so am looking for some experts to chime in on this. In my very early years of trying to find some tobacco flavors basically to get off the analogs, the initial ones were made with TA or faux tobacco flavors. I was so green that at the time I did not know there were different processes used to make tobacco flavors. I tried many of the Halo tobaccos and while they have quite a following, this was not for me. I then tried VCV. I could taste the tobacco flavor however they all had the same underlying taste so on to the next vendor. I then tried TPR and for the most part did not care for the flavors enough to reorder so I don’t know if it was the TA in them or not. Then of course there was VV Best Damn Tobacco eliquid. Where they came up with this name, I don’t know and I don’t care. As my experience and knowledge grew what I did find is that these types of vendors do not generally talk about the tobacco in their ejuice. The focus in their descriptions is all about the other flavors used and not the tobacco flavors. Some say there is tobacco in the description or in very fine print in the ingredients list that it contains tobacco flavor or TA. Some vendors even say it includes tobacco in the description and then a few sentences later say TA. So what is TA and what makes a TA a TA? Even if it started out with extracted natural tobacco, what was added to the extract to make it a TA? If a vendor went through the process of extracting tobacco, why would a vendor then want to add something to make it a TA which at this point to me is a crossbreed, not a NET nor a hybrid? Why not leave it a pure extract?

IMO there is a definite difference in taste in the final ejuice when a NET or TA is used although with TA I find it hard to describe the taste. As we all know taste is subject so some prefer true NETs, others prefer TA or even WTA (whatever this is which at this point I don’t need to know) or faux tobaccos.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
There has been a lot of talk about what is a NET and why it is different than TA. I am not necessarily looking for rebuttals and rather more an education.

To me a NET is naturally extracted tobacco or extracted natural tobacco using real tobacco leaves. In a nutshell a process is used to make the final tobacco extract. No other ingredients are added in the extraction process other than perhaps PG/VG. The extract then becomes the tobacco flavor that is used to make the final juice - a combination of different tobacco extracts can be used, other flavors such as fruit can be added to make it a hybrid, etc. I do find that most NET vendors clearly state they are using naturally extracted tobaccos, some will go as far as stating what tobacco flavors are used and even describe the nuances. Any non-tobacco flavors added generally takes the back seat in the description and its all about the tobaccos and that is OK.

As far as TA, I am totally confused so am looking for some experts to chime in on this. In my very early years of trying to find some tobacco flavors basically to get off the analogs, the initial ones were made with TA or faux tobacco flavors. I was so green that at the time I did not know there were different processes used to make tobacco flavors. I tried many of the Halo tobaccos and while they have quite a following, this was not for me. I then tried VCV. I could taste the tobacco flavor however they all had the same underlying taste so on to the next vendor. I then tried TPR and for the most part did not care for the flavors enough to reorder so I don’t know if it was the TA in them or not. Then of course there was VV Best Damn Tobacco eliquid. Where they came up with this name, I don’t know and I don’t care. As my experience and knowledge grew what I did find is that these types of vendors do not generally talk about the tobacco in their ejuice. The focus in their descriptions is all about the other flavors used and not the tobacco flavors. Some say there is tobacco in the description or in very fine print in the ingredients list that it contains tobacco flavor or TA. Some vendors even say it includes tobacco in the description and then a few sentences later say TA. So what is TA and what makes a TA a TA? Even if it started out with extracted natural tobacco, what was added to the extract to make it a TA? If a vendor went through the process of extracting tobacco, why would a vendor then want to add something to make it a TA which at this point to me is a crossbreed, not a NET nor a hybrid? Why not leave it a pure extract?

IMO there is a definite difference in taste in the final ejuice when a NET or TA is used although with TA I find it hard to describe the taste. As we all know taste is subject so some prefer true NETs, others prefer TA or even WTA (whatever this is which at this point I don’t need to know) or faux tobaccos.
Tobacco Absolute (the NET redheaded stepchild) | E-Cigarette Forum

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Once you've finished extracting flavor from the tobacco remove 99% of the solvent from the extract and you now have TA.....it's that simple. Remove all the solvent and you would have tobacco "concrete" which can then be reconstituted in PG or VG. There are many methods of making TA and each produces a different flavor profile. The reason retail TA and NET that is made from TA often tastes "poor" is also simple. The TA most retailers use/sale isn't made "in-house" but is purchased from commercial entities that make it in mass quantity using the cheapest bulk tobacco available and the quickest method of producing it. They are $$$ oriented, not flavor focused. Garbage in - garbage out. The TA I've made using quality tobacco blends (Dunhill NightCap and Sutliff Voodoo Queen), tasted great but I saw no real benefit in doing so, it's too strong to measure accurately for mixing unless you have the specialized equipment for doing so. Instead of making TA, I routinely vacuum distill extracts down 50% for storage, they are then used at 7 - 12% rather than the typical 15 - 25% when mixing, there is no difference in taste just concentration/strength. Be aware that many retail NETs are made exclusively from commercially produced TA, others contain it as an added ingredient to intensify the tobacco flavor. If you need to age a NET juice "cap off" it could be due to the alcohol (ethanol), content of the TA used to flavor it, most (but not all), commercial TA is alcohol based.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
TA or Tobacco Absolute is an expensive extract, the best being from Bulgaria. Usually a dram size bottle is a lifetime supply. Just a few drops diluted will give you a 15ml bottle that you use in tobacco mixes at 1 drop per 5 mls. It has it's uses.

To my mind, a NET, as it relates to vaping, is a single varietal tobacco processed but unflavored. That's in it's purest form. Flavored tobaccos are also considered NET's, but I fear the industry can get a bit carried away with toppings and flavorings to a point where the tobacco flavor is lost in the smorgasbord.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Commercial TA is derived from tobacco, but most here wouldn't consider it a NET when used as the exclusive tobacco flavoring in a juice. Non-commercial, vendor made TA is considered NET to some. VCV and NN are the only vendors I'm aware of that make their own TA.

Commercial TA is often used as an additive in vendor made NETs. Using it in a NET doesn't result in that juice not being a NET, in the same way adding vanilla doesn't take away Vita Bella's NET status. It's just another flavoring ingredient.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Ordered a 30ml bottle of Patriot yesterday and threw in 10ml of Org #1....

I requested 3mg nic from GEJ in the comments section of my order. A few other vendors have done that for me so I hope they can. 6mg lays me out.

:headbang:

3mg_zpswurym60v.jpg~original

Thanks, GEJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread