Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
Before Vash closed down (I am not even sure he has at last check)

He did , I scooped up a bunch of discount juice and concentrate. However he said he would still be open to small orders (its not like the man stopped vaping!)

I have a 30ml of bali from november still - definitely a fav

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
He did , I scooped up a bunch of discount juice and concentrate. However he said he would still be open to small orders (its not like the man stopped vaping!)

I have a 30ml of bali from november still - definitely a fav

Bali Nights is always in stock here, but my real favorite is Bayou Blast. I have no idea what Vash has up his sleeve, but his juices are SO consistently tasty and consistent!

Of course, the same can be said for Clay, he even goes further, offering a really wide selection of excellent flavors. The vaping community is lucky to have them both.

If only the RBFS guy decided to start making juice again... Sadly, I don't think that's very likely considering the FDA deeming.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey all, can I ask a question. I've just recently received a fantastic collection of NETs from Skeebo which are in need of loving after Skeebo's tastes skewed off a bit into Non-NET liquids.

I was the lucky beneficiary of his NETs which come from NET.com, Quick Nic and RBFS.

I have always Vaped Nets between 12-18 mg and with mouth to lung in devices like evods, aspire tanks and the nautilus range of tanks.

Most of the juices Skeebo sent me are 6-8 mg so this will be the first time I am dropping my nic levels dramatically for NETs.

What I want to ask is, in your experiences with juices of these levels, what devices do you use and what do you recommend the appropriate wattage range is. Also would you be more likely to mouth to lung inhale or direct lung inhale 6 mg NETs.

I feel like I just started vaping asking newb questions like this but I want to get a general consensus of what world with NETs at this nicotine level. I've vaped with nicotine strengths on both ends of the spectrum with 3mg in sub ohm devices and 13-18 mg for NETs in low power tanks but 6-8 mg is not a place I go to often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
kind of thanks

Yeah I know... It's part of the human condition. We like to grab onto things that support our beliefs and ignore those that go against them... I know I'm guilty of it and do it more often than I care to admit to myself... at least I attempt to avoid it when I can.

Reactions: NotSoMini

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I feel like I just started vaping asking newb questions like this but I want to get a general consensus of what world with NETs at this nicotine level. I've vaped with nicotine strengths on both ends of the spectrum with 3mg in sub ohm devices and 13-18 mg for NETs in low power tanks but 6-8 mg is not a place I go to often.

I'm not NIC dependant... I've vaped at 6mg almost from the start using tanks that operate at the 6-9w level ( like the Evods ) to KayFun's at around 12w... and now sub-ohms in the 25-35w levels. I've always mouth to lunged also... so I differ from what I see most others post... taking that into consideration...

I'd think the consensus will be to vape them in the sub-ohm ranges... probably in the 25w-30w range or possibly a step down in the 20-25w range... mouth to lung or direct lung will likely be up to your own preferences.

We think ( see the previous discussion with checksum about keeping our beliefs in check ) that subohm and higher wattages produce more dense vapor and it seems to make sense that we also get more NIC from it due to that... still there hasn't been a study to prove it. So let your body tell you where it's satisfied at NIC wise... and of course keep the flavor and density to something you like... not to mention how you like the draw.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm not NIC dependant... I've vaped at 6mg almost from the start using tanks that operate at the 6-9w level ( like the Evods ) to KayFun's at around 12w... and now sub-ohms in the 25-35w levels. I've always mouth to lunged also... so I differ from what I see most others post... taking that into consideration...

I'd think the consensus will be to vape them in the sub-ohm ranges... probably in the 25w-30w range or possibly a step down in the 20-25w range... mouth to lung or direct lung will likely be up to your own preferences.

We think ( see the previous discussion with checksum about keeping our beliefs in check ) that subohm and higher wattages produce more dense vapor and it seems to make sense that we also get more NIC from it due to that... still there hasn't been a study to prove it. So let your body tell you where it's satisfied at NIC wise... and of course keep the flavor and density to something you like... not to mention how you like the draw.

Thanks rdsok. Yeah I am thinking 20 watts is a good round number and 12-15 watts in nautilus tanks.

I was always smoked cigarettes with mild to light nicotine levels so my body doesn't appreciate high levels of nicotine. I've vaped some Non Nets at 30 watts with 6 mg nicotine with no ill effects but I am finding NETs appear to be stronger for some reason:

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Thanks rdsok. Yeah I am thinking 20 watts is a good round number and 12-15 watts in nautilus tanks.

I was always smoked cigarettes with mild to light nicotine levels so my body doesn't appreciate high levels of nicotine. I've vaped some Non Nets at 30 watts with 6 mg nicotine with no ill effects but I am finding NETs appear to be stronger for some reason:

I think everyone has different tolerance levels.

I used to vape 6-10 mg in nautilus, protanks etc. Moved to rda and rta's and was concerned all the 10mg stash would be too strong. But it's been fine. Happily chain vape at 14-20 watts, not clouds but decemt amount of vapour.

End of day it's not tank that counts. It is volume of liquid multiplied by mg per ml, factoring in time taken to vape.

Suck it and see...

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I think everyone has different tolerance levels.

I used to vape 6-10 mg in nautilus, protanks etc. Moved to rda and rta's and was concerned all the 10mg stash would be too strong. But it's been fine. Happily chain vape at 14-20 watts, not clouds but decemt amount of vapour.

End of day it's not tank that counts. It is volume of liquid multiplied by mg per ml, factoring in time taken to vape.

Suck it and see...

The problem with me much of the time is I suck and see later to find I'm nicotine high and can't enjoy vaping for the next 24 hours lol

Reactions: morningdew

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I am right in the middle of what was you folks just eluded to about your vaping techniques. what concerns me is, after thoroughly enjoying the first few vapes of the day, I get vaper's mouth. I can't taste the very vape I have been enjoying and if I keep vaping fairly hard I can't taste food so well either. I change out coils after a few cc's/milliliters of liquid, but still end up on the loosing end. Going to a different flavor works for just an even shorter time! Any suggestions are welcome.

Reactions: AnthonyB

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
I am right in the middle of what was you folks just eluded to about your vaping techniques. what concerns me is, after thoroughly enjoying the first few vapes of the day, I get vaper's mouth. I can't taste the very vape I have been enjoying and if I keep vaping fairly hard I can't taste food so well either. I change out coils after a few cc's/milliliters of liquid, but still end up on the loosing end. Going to a different flavor works for just an even shorter time! Any suggestions are welcome.

Likely will pass in time! Usual
Suggestions - unflavoured or menthol juice for a day, brush tongue, sniff freshly ground coffee, try a different atty...

I had a patch a few months after giving up the stinkies. Touch wood it has now passed.

Good luck.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
The problem with me much of the time is I suck and see later to find I'm nicotine high and can't enjoy vaping for the next 24 hours lol

Try an approx. calculation of mg times ml you currently vape in an hour and apply as a limit on new strength e liquid.

absorbtion is usually around 60-60%.

So 1ml @ 10mg would be 6-7mg of nicotine.

Reactions: AnthonyB

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Try an approx. calculation of mg times ml you currently vape in an hour and apply as a limit on new strength e liquid.

absorbtion is usually around 60-60%.

So 1ml @ 10mg would be 6-7mg of nicotine.

I am intrested in this as I am trying to lower my Nic intake and to understand where I am at.

How do we know this about absorption and does it matter on device?

I use IGO L usually between .8 and 1.0 ohms at 10 to 12 watts

Would this 60% still hold true with me or is that for clero type devices?

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
I am intrested in this as I am trying to lower my Nic intake and to understand where I am at.

How do we know this about absorption and does it matter on device?

I use IGO L usually between .8 and 1.0 ohms at 10 to 12 watts

Would this 60% still hold true with me or is that for clero type devices?

Absorption rate is an estimate, simply based on what I have read around the internet. I'd reckon it's fairly accurate.

Devices etc I cannot see how they make any difference. Quite simply the volume of liquid vaped will determine the amount of nicotine available for absorption. If the liquid is vapourised, then it only goes one place from the clearo/rda/rta to the users mouth/lungs/nose.

Mouth to lung or direct lung will likely make some difference as the absorption rate via lungs and mouth will differ. Same goes for blowing out through the nose, apparently absorption is higher through the nasal tissue.

Temperature the e-juice is vapourised at may or may not play a part, for example it's possible a higher temperature might make more of the nicotine available for absorption or that a higher temp. means the nicotine is absorbed more efficiently.

Perhaps the theory that rda's (for example) 'hit harder' with nicotine is down to the fact that produce more vapour per hit.

Just my opinion, not necessarily fact.

Nicotine absorbed = (volume x mg per ml) x absorption rate...

...with the possibility of needing to adjust for temperature the juice is vapourised at (???)

Too further confuse issues, in all likliehood absorption rate will vary person to person!

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Absorption rate is an estimate, simply based on what I have read around the internet. I'd reckon it's fairly accurate.

Devices etc I cannot see how they make any difference. Quite simply the volume of liquid vaped will determine the amount of nicotine available for absorption. If the liquid is vapourised, then it only goes one place from the clearo/rda/rta to the users mouth/lungs/nose.

Mouth to lung or direct lung will likely make some difference as the absorption rate via lungs and mouth will differ. Same goes for blowing out through the nose, apparently absorption is higher through the nasal tissue.

Temperature the e-juice is vapourised at may or may not play a part, for example it's possible a higher temperature might make more of the nicotine available for absorption or that a higher temp. means the nicotine is absorbed more efficiently.

Perhaps the theory that rda's (for example) 'hit harder' with nicotine is down to the fact that produce more vapour per hit.

Just my opinion, not necessarily fact.

Nicotine absorbed = (volume x mg per ml) x absorption rate...

...with the possibility of needing to adjust for temperature the juice is vapourised at (???)

Too further confuse issues, in all likliehood absorption rate will vary person to person!

Makes Sense. One thing I am trying to understand that I am experiencing when I feel the need for nic when I push myself and it hits I can use 6 mg and it does not take much but I use 3 mg it seems to take 3 x as much to work.

I had wondered if the absorption rate might be a lower % on low MG vrs higher?

Also when I had 8 mg still it got much stronger in time I used 8 mg for over a year for my tobacco flavs and 6 for desert but as of recent 8mg started to make me feel jittery, That is when I started to lower nic

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Makes Sense. One thing I am trying to understand that I am experiencing when I feel the need for nic when I push myself and it hits I can use 6 mg and it does not take much but I use 3 mg it seems to take 3 x as much to work.

I had wondered if the absorption rate might be a lower % on low MG vrs higher?

Also when I had 8 mg still it got much stronger in time I used 8 mg for over a year for my tobacco flavs and 6 for desert but as of recent 8mg started to make me feel jittery, That is when I started to lower nic

I'd hazard a guess the stronger the mg per ml, the quicker the effects will be experienced.

Why? Because until a certain threshold the effects of nicotine will be unoticeable or very mild, after that the ramp up in experiencing the nicotine may not be linear.

As a analogy, consider alcohol. 3 bottles over 3 hours and unlikley to feel or be drunk, 3 bottles over an hour and likely to feel drunk or be drunk.

Possibly at 3mg your body is processing fast enough to delay the effects i.e. you have to vape 3 rather than 2 times the amount of juice.

So, absorption may be equivalent but experience somewhat different. In terms of feeling the effects absorption is not the only factor, time of consumption comes into play.

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
thanks for the update to my question rdsok. your explanation kind of confirms my suspicions that there could be some traces of nicotine in real tobacco extractions, however slight.

If im not mistaken diane from mvj had lab tests done on some of her concentrates and the nic levels were low nough to be negligeable ( I want to say 0.3% or less? So even if you mixed at 10% concentration its moot) - been a few years though.

IMO thats about right because I vape 3mg and at 6mg I get dizzy from too much nic so if any of the leaf Ive done as cold / hot maceration did contain a signifigant amount I feel like id notice

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I use my old aspire k1 by mouth to lung at 3,5 volt. I have mixed my last extracts with 9 mg and some with 12 mg nicotine base. But i think the taste with more nicotine is a little bit better. At 15-20mg i would feel sick if i vape to much and under 9 mg i would miss the taste.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Broke out my new net.com stash the other day.

Some samples;

Red virgina - good all dayer.

Smyrna - nice alternative to clays other orientals

Fist full of burley - oh yes

And first of the main order

Excalibur - lovely can really taste the wrapper on this one, dried leaf yum

All really excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread