Nautilus 2s leaking with nic salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanbe82

Jul 13, 2019
Hi all
Im having massive issues with aspire zelos. .nautilus 2s tpd leaking really badly. Comes thriugh the airholes at the bottom but gets everywhere inside. It also floods a lot too. Im using nic salts 50/50 20mg and the aspire nic salt 1.8 coils. Its worse with certain liquids but generally is leaking...sometimes a lot. I got a second tank and it's the same story. But this tank is meant to be leak proof. Usually vaping at 10w but i vary this up or down for what seems to suit the liquid im using. Another problem is that the coil always gets stuck when i go to remove it. I push down and unscrew the child proof mechanism but it always seems to unscrew itself from the coil leaving it still in the tank. Im wondering if its the coil thats the problem? Can anyone help please

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Then I'm stumped mate. I have no clue about those particular coils. I couldn't tell you what the 'nic salt coil' thing means either. I can't help thinking this nic salt specific coils and tanks is baloney. Have you tried any other coils in your 2s? I have tried all the others available except those nic salt coils and none cause leaking. Occasionally though one will be left stuck in the chimney when I take the base off.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Hanbe82

Jul 13, 2019
I briefly used the normal 1.8 that came with it with normal eliquid and didnt notice leaking but wasnt getting cravings satisfied so switched to nic salts....which i think leaked using normal coils. I might be uscrewing it wrong as the coil that came installed also got lodged in when i went to open it. I may have to admit defeat and cope with regular and not nic salts. Thanks for your thoughts

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I briefly used the normal 1.8 that came with it with normal eliquid and didnt notice leaking but wasnt getting cravings satisfied so switched to nic salts....which i think leaked using normal coils. I might be uscrewing it wrong as the coil that came installed also got lodged in when i went to open it. I may have to admit defeat and cope with regular and not nic salts. Thanks for your thoughts

What was the PG/VG on that juice? Nic Salt itself wouldn't make the difference

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It’s not the salts. That coil should be okay with 50/50 but I’d try higher vg just to rule that out if possible. Are there any accessible o rings? If so, check and replace if needed. Are you letting it sit somewhere too warm?

If the coil is properly installed, and you try all the other stuff, your tank is a dud. I mean there are only so many things it can be.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, honestly I've gotten coils lodged before and it's a pain.... But my tank doesn't leak.

Have you done a complete tear down and checked ALL the O rings? Every single one?

It could be a dud but you said you had 2? That suggests some sort of... IDK user error.

This sucks sorry to not be more help.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread