Not open for further replies.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I have been vaping since July 4, 2017. My first successful vape was an Innokin T22 kit. After some months I was gifted an svd 2.0 and Kabuki clone. The final step was buying several Provaris, another Kabuki clone, another T22 tank, and two N2’s.
Used them all in my rotation.
For the last two months my rotation is now all Provari and N2. With the exception of an iStick 30 with an N2 that I use going out.
I now have 7 N2’s, and I boxed everything else up.
I didn’t get into vaping to create a hobby. I didn’t get into vaping to see how much money I could waste on unneeded equipment. I did it to quit smoking, and this combo is the simplest and easiest for me. To me, there is no tank that mimicked a cig draw than better an N2 with 1- 1 1/2 holes open. I vape between 8-9 watts with either 1.6 or 1.8 coils. Light or clear fruits.
People bash the N2 all the time for leaking, gurgling, and top cap sticking. To prevent the stuck cap, take a q tip with a drop of juice and roll it into the chimney threads in the bell. Also just snugly tighten. To prevent gurgling, take off the drip tip off and stick a q tip in the hole. All problems solved. Also, you don’t have to fill to some imaginary fill line. I fill them almost to the top of the coil. As long as I put the Q tip in after filling, the first hit is always clean.
I’m in the Minority for my N2 love, but it works flawlessly for me. For me, the screw on the Kabuki is not as accurate as the N2 holes. Also, Both tanks heat up with heavy vaping, but the Kabukis stays hotter longer. I rotate anyway so no problem. Just my experience, so take it with a grain of salt. Lol.
If anyone hates their N2, before you throw it away PM me. You can PIF it to me. Lol.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Hi -

For Nautilus and Kabuki users - does anyone know which gives the tighter draw when things are closed down to a minimum?

The Vika Fantasy's a little looser than the Nautilus (for me, at least), and I'm keen to know if it's a similar deal with the Kabuki.

Many thanks!
Simple answer, Kabuki. You can run airflow from (limited by screw size) wide open ... to completely closed, with infinite adjustment in between by means of the airflow adjustment setscrew. You can fine tune it to EXACTLY the airflow you're looking for. The original Nautilus and Nautilus Mini only have 3 airflow choices.

Last edited:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
295904C8-1960-4CE6-95BD-4BE2B0769BAA.jpeg
Simple answer, Kabuki. You can run airflow from (limited by screw size) wide open ... to completely closed, with infinite adjustment in between by means of the airflow adjustment setscrew. You can fine tune it to EXACTLY the airflow you're looking for. The original Nautilus and Nautilus Mini only have 3 airflow choices.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the kabuki is more adjustable personally because you do have sort of "a lot" of adjustments as far as tightening the airflow. I probably run my N2 and Kabukis in the medium range, but find the kabuki to be pretty adjustable. In all fairness, you can close off the N2 completely as well, although I do not find it vapes well that way.

Additional reasons to try a Kabuki, set and forget airflow, larger capacity (3 ml). And, well, the flavor is so much better.

I have two original Kabukis and one clone. I got the clone afterwards, it's not TERRIBLE but in no way does it match the flavor of a real Kabuki. Honestly I don't even recommend them anymore, other than it MAY be worthwhile to figure out if you like the bottom fill and how it generally handles. IDK if the airflow in the original matches the Kabuki, either, although I guess I'd assume it would? I have no reason to think it wouldn't? IDK.

Good luck

Anna

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
You didn't notice I said original Nautilus?
That isn't an original Nautilus. Why they call it a "2" I guess.
The OP didn't specify which Nautilus, but didn't say "2" either.

My comment was in regard to an original Kabuki as well. I have a Kabuki clone and while the airflow comment would still apply, I wouldn't recommend a clone Kabuki for other reasons. I don't know about flavor because I vape non-flavored, but the chimney is shorter on the clone, so fluid capacity is less than with an original and machining isn't as good as the original.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Thanks very much for your feedback.

I use the Nautilus mini & 2 and think highly of both. They've become a bit of a benchmark. I think the mini's easier & quicker to fill, but they're good vapes & the coils are great.

As luck would have it, I completely missed a trick! I've used the Vika Fantasy for a few weeks now and I'm fairly happy with it, if wishing I could just tighten things a little. I decided to give it another go, stuck a screwdriver in... and it turned! I hadn't tightened it all the way. Idiot. I'm now enjoying a vape that's properly (i.e. Nautilus) tight, at 6-7 watts. It's just nice to have another keeper.

I see the T22 was mentioned. I think it's good and the airflow's well chosen, but I found the fixed Endura vape quite warm. For me, those coils work well down at 8 watts - still a hint of heat, but easier going.

I'll probably ponder the Kabuki for a bit. Thanks again.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You didn't notice I said original Nautilus?

Nope didn't notice. The original I got leaked like a sieve, but by then I'd been vaping other tanks, and to be frank, the original vapes like what it is-- a larger, older tank.

To be fair, I bought it on ebay. It was early days and I seriously THINK it was original, but possibly resold by someone who ALSO didn't LIKE that it leaked like a sieve. I disliked it enough I just put it aside, vowed to never buy off ebay for stuff like that again and ALSO to be fair to the original Nautilus, it's really hard to figure out if you like the vape and/or airflow if it is leaking like a sieve and etc. It's probably better than my assessment of it, and I'm guessing there was either an O-ring misplaced or I was new enough to potentially like, have done something bad with the coil.

My comment about the clones was in Reduce mentioning he had a clone, and my assessment of them. Etc.

Sorry though...…… :)

Anna

Reactions: redeuce

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I quoted reduece Anna, not anything you said.

Only reason I bought a Kabuki clone was because I wanted a Kabuki with 510 threads. All 4 original Kakubi I had at the time were P3 and there were no original Kabuki 510's available anywhere. I've since found an original Kabuki 510 on ZFO and will likely never use the Kabuki clone again. Not that the vape between the original and clone are vastly different but because the clone holds less fuel and fit between coil and tank as well as quality of machined threading is inferior to the original.

I still break out the original Nautilus and Mini from time to time. I prefer the performance of the Mini but also prefer the looks/appearance of the larger one on my 22mm mods. Never had any leak issues with either. Hard to say what a used one from eBay may have gone through.

The Kabuki just outperforms the original Nautilus as far as airflow control, vapor density and quantity. Don't know anything about the Nautilus 2. No need or desire to find out ... yet anyway.

Reactions: stols001

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Curious as to why you prefer the n2 over the t22? Just overall usability? Glad that you found something that you like so much.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the T22. In fact I’m going on an all day trip Thursday, and I intend on putting the T22 on the IStick 30 so I can vape the whole trip without bringing extra supplies. It’s a great tank. I’ll always use them at different times. I just wish there was some air flow adjustment. I’ve vaped a lot of liquid through the T18 and T22 tanks. Just decided to give them a rest.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Okay, so like I'm totally confused now. I keep coming back to this thread between mixing sessions and going, "Whaaaa?"

Maybe one day it will all become clear. Today I'm pretty much toast.

Anna
RECAP: The OP asked about Kabuki vs Nautilus airflow. Said nothing about clone or Nautilus version. Did mention Vika Fantasy. Not sure how Innokin Prism tanks (T18, T22) got tossed in.

Oh and heat was mentioned in a reply. I've never in my experience found it of concern in either the Kabuki or Nautilus, but I generally don't go above 7.6W.

What confuses me is how anyone could possibly think that drilled holes of a set size like found on the Nautilus will more precisely control airflow than an infinitively adjustable set screw like found on the Kabuki is well, confusing.

I feel ya though Anna. Think I awoke in an alternate universe or something today after reading some of the posts here on ECF around the forums.

Reactions: stols001

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
Have you tried switching driptips? Sometimes it is the delivery not the main af that needs adjusting. Worked real well switching my narrow Nautilus dt and widebore Exceed tank dt. Both tanks benefited.
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread