Need a geek for a quick answer for VV output and bulb rating. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Hi, I don't mod anymore since there are finally reasonably priced devices that suit my needs.
My state wants to tax my battery source at 24%
I'm going to make a 510 flashlight adapter(I know it's been done before) to prove my point to my legislators that my istick is not a tobacco product. It's a battery.
I have a variety of bulbs around, just thought someone could tell me what the best size, amp bulb would be.
Other suggestions for functional uses for my devices are welcome. Don't get crazy though...:p
They are really just trying to make up losses in analog revenue.
TIA

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I don't know the part numbers but you want a bulb for a 3 cell flashlight. Those expect to run at 4.5 volts so will run fine with a 3.7-5.0 volt vv battery.
It is a medium sized flashlight as carried by night watchmen around the country. It must be three cells, doesn't matter if they are D,C or even AA cells, it is the number that counts.
Hope this helps.

If you want to build the adapter to make it a flashlight....any 5 volt led or led array that runs on 4.5 to five volts. The convenience stores here sell three cell lights, an adapter that replaces the tail switch with your device ( probably built from the old tailcap) would do it to. Many LEDs run at 5 volts, I checked e bay, it will run you just at a US dollar if you don't have any.

You could use your device for anything that has proper resistance in the circuit and runs on appropriate power. Provided you have the skills to use it.

A laser pointer, a cellphone charger, a model rocket ignition device( these are functionally identical anyway), a power source for a mobile radio, an adult novelty device :) and the best one, since you have 5 volts if you use an amp limiter you can run it as a replacement USB power source. Anything using USB power could be run off it. The sky is the limit, its a battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread