Need a new e-cig brand in a hurry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadog

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Alabama, USA
Hi Guys... First, thanks for all the past support. I'm now 10+ weeks tobacco-free via one "e-cig" brand, but these things are proving too high-maintenance. I could actually deal with that, but I've stocked up & paid for so much hardware and STILL can't get a decent drag this afternoon in spite of all my supplies (cleaning, etc). Please... point me to places where I can buy products that will RELIABLY deliver 2 things: throat hit and nicotine satisfaction. Minor work on my part is fine... I just want the same efforts to work EVERY time.

If I can't get these friggin' things I have working soon (I'm talking 2 hours or so), my next option will involve a lighter.

Andy

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
A Mod!!!

A basic box mod (NicoStick) is what I use most of the time.
I actually made one, DH more than one, but neither of us like building them. Bought some from Godzilla and he does a good job. They are simple so if there is a problem, it's fixable right here. I use 14500 batteries so I don't have to switch them out every time I turn around.

Cartomizers. I like the dual coils.
I also like the CE clearos but they do need a little modding.

seadog

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Alabama, USA
A Mod!!!

A basic box mod (NicoStick) is what I use most of the time.
I actually made one, DH more than one, but neither of us like building them. Bought some from Godzilla and he does a good job. They are simple so if there is a problem, it's fixable right here. I use 14500 batteries so I don't have to switch them out every time I turn around.

Cartomizers. I like the dual coils.
I also like the CE clearos but they do need a little modding.

You're probably correct on the "mod" concept. I figured out how to get from cigarettes to a user-friendly (instructions) e-cig, but most of what you said was lost on me. Sorry. At best, I have some great e-liquid.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Riva 510 at Liberty-Flights.com (and press the 20% off on front page first)

Or a 3.7v or variable voltage box mod w/ 510 threading (see Boxmods.net and you need to get the batteries and charger too)

The above can use the hotter low resistance cartomizers and atomizers at 3.7v. With the Variable voltage ones you can use standard resistance cartos or atomizers and crank up the voltage for heat

And use High PG juices to let through the most of nicotine's hit. I like 80pg/20vg

If you must have a slimmer ecig, then I recommend KR808D-1 which is a real 3.7v mini - See Vapor4Life.com standard size manuals and SmokelessImage Volt 78mm manuals (only some colors available as manuals) and use cartomizers from either place. Get Manuals - easier to get a good hit, safer from being damaged or killed if the carto leaks. You will be keeping those cartos damp with eliquid to get several days to a week's use out of each. I like the Vapor4Life WOWBacco and WOW Vanilla. Some of their fruit flavors are overdone. I use their blank WOW cartos and many like the Smokeless Image blanks. With hot cartos, I use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a cool mouthpiece.

Last edited:

seadog

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Alabama, USA
Go to Liberty Flights , and Order a Riva . Then , also order some e-juice , with the nic. strength , you want . 36mg , if you were a heavy smoker , 24 , not so heavy , 18 , 12 , and 6mg. (very little nic. content )

Thank you... I'll check it out. Andy <just spilled "ECO-Pure" all over my desk & hands> Crap!

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
I got an Icon from puresmoker.com and it is about the lowest maintenance device you could ask for. It's 3.7v non VV and it takes a 14500 battery which will give you about 5 hours of vaping. If you need more battery life, go for the Prodigy. Same design, it just takes a bigger battery. Then, get some low resistance cartomizers and you're good to go! I like the icon because it is small enough to fit in my pocket and the full kit with the mod, batteries, a charger, and cartomizers is only $100. It will last you forever too.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Liberty flights riva kits are n/a.... Look at the Joye eGo basic 39.99 add some 510 boge lr cartos.... Also if you are using an 808 style of ecig you should get a 510-901/808 adapter and you be able to use your old cartomizers..... all for less than 60 bucks shipped..... For 20 bucks more you could a passthrough ego bat and and charge and vape plus have a 3rd battery.... 2-3 days of vaping millage my vary....

theramsey3

Jul 24, 2011
florida
I find the green smoke I bought to be maintenance free, I am still trying to figure out why anyone does their own filling.

They like myself fill it themselves to save money. My carto's are about $2 each and the E-liquid to refill it 10 times is $4.50 so we are at $6.50 for 10 carto's worth of vaping,plus you can mix flavors, bases and create a custom strength. Just my $.02.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
All of these mods and egos and ego clones are just variations on a different battery . Some with more voltage some with variable voltage . I say start with what is above that . You have a big choose of attys and cartomizers try to pick one that is easy to use and low maintenance . For that I like to use a cartomizer . You can get a large capacity one such as the echo . Use then toss when it starts to degrade and forget the aggravation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread