Need advice from the new vapours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonasDK

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Denmark
Hey guys.

So a friend of mine, who is a smoker, just asked me what vapegear he should try to get off the sicksticks.
I thought about it for a little while, and then it hit me. I've been in to box mods and rebuildables for way too long to really know what is out there for the beginners these days.
So I wanted to hear from you guys who recently got off the stinkys and in to vaping.
What was it that did it for you?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
for juice he'd have to go to a b&m to try flavors, imo thats the hardest part, tobacco flavors are tricky to say the least. speaking from my own experiences.
if hes a heavy smoker the subox kit, innokin mods, aspire mods, joytech
light smoker > k1 and alike.
cigalikes i wouldnt bother.
should buy whatever mod thats good(lots now), tank maybe not a pure subohm but one thats flexible in coils.
soooo many more choices now compared to when i tried last june.
for myself now i keep it simple istick 30 plus stmini rba.
oh, always need a min of 2 of everything, backups are important

Last edited:
Reactions: dhood

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
It really depends on the person. If you have a lot of gear, maybe you could invite them over and show them the benefits of your larger and more advanced gear. For more newb-friendly stuff, here's some random thoughts:

Ego-One line
Subtank Nano on an istick 20W
Subtank Nano on an ego one = )
Egos and T3s clearos (you can get organic cotton coils at MBV! They're Awesome!)
Egos and Protanks
Nautilis mini on an istick 20W
If they are adventurous maybe a Subox kit

Reactions: Kahina

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
i dont think the question is whats out there for beginners, i believe the question is whats his budget? we can go on forever suggesting box mods and tanks that would more then satisfy and serve the beginner, intermediate, and the seasoned vet..but if its out of his price range then it does him no good..if you can get a budget then im sure we can or more importantly others more knowledgeable then i can suggest the best products for his money..

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'm curious. What exactly did you hate about the VV3?

Had more to do with the power of it, I like mouth to lung inhale to change things up now, but I felt like even with 24mg I wasn't getting much to help me stop smoking/dipping with the tanks I would use on it. I still have mine in the box haha

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
First your friend needs to consider his budget. Second pick out the tank before you pick out the mod. There are a lot of good mods out there and most seem to do about the same things. Tanks on the other hand can very. One thing to make sure it is either pyrex or stainless steel. I prefer pyrex so i can see how much i got left. For the love of god don't use plastic. There are a lot of tank crackers out there. You don't want that happening to your tank. Since he will likely be using stock coils, do some research on the coils your tank takes and find out where the sweet spot usually is on wattage. Though the istick 30w would prob be a good choice regardless and isn't too pricy. Also once he gets his setup he needs to decide how high of nic to go. Even when trying them in the store you may not be able to tell if it is too high since setups very. I smoked for 14 years and usually was about half a pack a day. Though there were times I smoked more. I found 18 mg to be a good starting point on nic for me. Though I had to get some higher ones to help get me through that first month. The first month can be hell but it is worth it once you get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread