Need advice from veteran vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooterinMN

Feb 25, 2014
USA
Hello all, thank you for helping. I'm currently using The Itaste SVD with an iclear 30. Using 3400mAh 3.7V 18650. The fast tech special :).

So This is my 1st post and am really intrigued with this forum and looking for some great advice.

I have been vaping for 6 months and have tried a few juices from mt baker vapor and really like there line.

So, what I'm interested in now is advanced vaping. Looking to see what the next level offers.

Looking to start doing Rebuildable Attys. Need help on which one is the best, easiest and priced correctly too. Interested in the RSST.

I'm getting tired of my tanks cracking too.

So the questions:
1. Best Rebuildable Atty? Rsst?
2. Can I continue using the SVD with a Rebuildable?
3. Is there better then the Svd?
4. After building the Atty, what's the safe levels? Ohms perfered? Watts/Volts?
5. Is the vape really better with an Rebuildable or should I just go to a glass tank or non crack plastic?
6. Had Innokin made a replacement plastic or glass/pyrex? I do really like the iclear 30 but not the plastic tank.

As you can tell I'm very new to the Rebuildable aspect and truly looking for some help soon before I crack another tank :)

Thank you all!

Last edited:

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Since you're so new I'd go with a glass tank like the pro-tank or Davide and then do more research on rebuildables.
I'm sure you'll get lot's of other advice from other member's.

Welcome to the forum :)

Funny, he's been vaping for 6 months and you call him new. Myself have been vaping soon for a month and i'm already looking in for RBA and mods ^^

edit:

ONT, there's plenty of videos on youtube that explains their way of doing it and which kanthal etc they use.
Everyones building "style" is quite diffrent i've heard. So watch some youtube tutorials, to get tips and insight. atleast that's what i'm doing. :)

Last edited:

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A good RBA is the Taifun GS or GT. only real dif is the ML size. one is about 3.4 and the other is 5ml. If your looking at just a nice glass setup I would recommend the Iclear 30s. Vape's like a dream for a non RBA

the only real concern safety wise that you would have to worry about that you dont already need to would be Ohm levels on your coil. since your not using a Mech mod sub Ohm is not an option and most VV/VW will not work with less then 1.2Ohm on the coil.

If your looking at cloud chasing get a decent Mech Mod and the RBA and vape away. Also for safety I would recommend using Protected Batts especially with a Mech mod.

Check out Fasttech for your up grades. may take a bit longer to get them but it is worth it in the amount of money you will save to buy other shinny stuffs :)

Last edited:

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Hello all, thank you for helping. I'm currently using The Itaste SVD with an iclear 30. Using 3400mAh 3.7V 18650. The fast tech special :).

So This is my 1st post and am really intrigued with this forum and looking for some great advice.

I have been vaping for 6 months and have tried a few juices from mt baker vapor and really like there line.

So, what I'm interested in now is advanced vaping. Looking to see what the next level offers.

Looking to start doing Rebuildable Attys. Need help on which one is the best, easiest and priced correctly too. Interested in the RSST.

I'm getting tired of my tanks cracking too.

So the questions:
1. Best Rebuildable Atty? Rsst?
2. Can I continue using the SVD with a Rebuildable?
3. Is there better then the Svd?
4. After building the Atty, what's the safe levels? Ohms perfered? Watts/Volts?
5. Is the vape really better with an Rebuildable or should I just go to a glass tank or non crack plastic?
6. Had Innokin made a replacement plastic or glass/pyrex? I do really like the iclear 30 but not the plastic tank.

As you can tell I'm very new to the Rebuildable aspect and truly looking for some help soon before I crack another tank :)

Thank you all!

Well if your that determined to get into rebuildables, make sure you get a ohm meter first of all cause your going to eventually go beyond the ohm limit of the SVD and get a mechanical. I've fired a .9 coil on my SVD but it isn't something I'd vape all day.

1. I would start with the Kayfun lite+. Easy to build, holds alot of juice and looks pretty good on my SVD before I became a full mech user.

2. Yes you can, I've used my KFL+ with a 1.2ohm Micro coil and the Vape is fantastic. On the plus side is being able to adjust the voltage/watts to the way you want to vape. Downside is it can be a little bigger but it's worth it.

3. You can spend a .... ton on a provari and that is better Lol. The SVD will do everything that the other VV/VW devices will do pretty much, thing is they look different.

4. If you stay above 1ohm you should be fine. The regulated mod has all the doohickeys inside to make sure nothing bad will happen, most that will happen is that it will poop on you. Highly unlikely though. Watts is what I was using on my SVD just cuz I like to be able to set it and leave it. Thats just me though, others like the Voltage for the reasons they do. You can mess around with it and you'll find what you prefer.

5. There's no question about it, Rebuildables are far superior to regular tanks like the Protank's iClears etc. The name is the reason, You can always rebuild it to the way you want the vape. Thats why I like it so much at least Lol, If I feel like the vape is getting boring I can break it down and try a different build setup and vape it for a while to find my nirvana.
You can go with a regular tank for now don't get me wrong, it will still perform so you can read and learn more about rebuilding which I would recommend doing if you haven't done so already. It plays a big factor in the quality of your builds. I researched for at least a week or two I would say before I got into my Kayfun and that made a world of a difference when I started rebuilding. Of course I started on Protanks first which made it allot easier as well.
6. As far as I know there aren't any glass replacements which kinda suck. But my brother is using his iClear30 with tank crackers all the time and he's had no problem whatsoever. from MBV as well, Afternoon delight, solar flare, Banana cream pie. His is still kickin and he's vaping right now Lol

It's weird because Im using my Kayfun lite+ with tank crackers as well Like Peach, afternoon delight and Rockstar energy ( rockparty ) from MBV and my tank hasn't showed any symptoms, yet? I took the risk because those Mtanks are cheap and I could get a glass replacement for the Kfun anyway if it happened ( knock on wood ) so it's not that big of a deal.

Last of all, Just do your research on here, youtube and reddit to see what others say about certain tanks like the Rsst etc so you know what your getting into and most of all learn about ohms, batteries etc. Just a precaution!

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Which gauge is better for my kind of setup? 34? 32? 30?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

What kind of setup would that be? Lol on a Kayfun I like running 28g. It's pretty universal in the rebuildable world, Can be used for all kinds of builds. single,dual, twisted etc.

This is 28g right here!

Double barrel in my Kayfun lite+

feojwVH.jpg

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
6. As far as I know there aren't any glass replacements which kinda suck. But my brother is using his iClear30 with tank crackers all the time and he's had no problem whatsoever. from MBV as well, Afternoon delight, solar flare, Banana cream pie. His is still kickin and he's vaping right now Lol

The kayfun is delivered with a metal tank aswell, isn't it?
So you could choose either the plastic tank or the metal tank. The downside is that you can't see your juice levels though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread