Need advice picking an rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I have been vaping for over 2 years, rebuilding for around a year and a half. I have a nice assortment of gear but most off it is geared toward cloud chasing. I feel I have close to mastered or atleast completely understand the science behind building sub ohm builds. I am the kind of person that gets completely involved in everything I do, bording obsession. Lol

I have been using a cloupor t6 with my rdas at around .5 single coil mode for about two months. A month ago we got the aspire atlantis at the shop I work at, I thought I would give it a try, I have been using it everyday since. I love it. So I have gotten used to it and now I love the idea of tanks. I run it around 30 watts.

Now I want a high quality rebuildable tank. I don't think I could use anything that produces less vapor or flavor than the atlantis. I'm happy that I am getting to a point that i enjoy less vapor because before the atlantis I wasnt satisfied with anything above .3.

I'm not interested in hearing about clones or inexperienced peoples advice. I know that there are a lot of cool people on here that use high quality tanks. I've followed the high end mech post for over a year and a large percentage of you guys use tanks, I never understood why until recently.

I've used a Kayfun 3 and the airflow is way too tight for me, even drilled. I've also used a Kraken clone and even though the airflow is better I could never get it to wick properly and I don't think I like the genesis style, it was a clone though. If there is a kayfun style that has good airflow and shines at around .6 that would be ideal.I was thinking maybe the kayfun v4 but idk.

Sorry this is such a long post but I feel it's all necessary. I would really appriciate some experienced input. I know the tank I want is out there I just need some help finding it. Thanks!

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have been vaping for over 2 years, rebuilding for around a year and a half. I have a nice assortment of gear but most off it is geared toward cloud chasing. I feel I have close to mastered or atleast completely understand the science behind building sub ohm builds. I am the kind of person that gets completely involved in everything I do, bording obsession. Lol

I have been using a cloupor t6 with my rdas at around .5 single coil mode for about two months. A month ago we got the aspire atlantis at the shop I work at, I thought I would give it a try, I have been using it everyday since. I love it. So I have gotten used to it and now I love the idea of tanks. I run it around 30 watts.

Now I want a high quality rebuildable tank. I don't think I could use anything that produces less vapor or flavor than the atlantis. I'm happy that I am getting to a point that i enjoy less vapor because before the atlantis I wasnt satisfied with anything above .3.

I'm not interested in hearing about clones or inexperienced peoples advice. I know that there are a lot of cool people on here that use high quality tanks. I've followed the high end mech post for over a year and a large percentage of you guys use tanks, I never understood why until recently.

I've used a Kayfun 3 and the airflow is way too tight for me, even drilled. I've also used a Kraken clone and even though the airflow is better I could never get it to wick properly and I don't think I like the genesis style, it was a clone though. If there is a kayfun style that has good airflow and shines at around .6 that would be ideal.I was thinking maybe the kayfun v4 but idk.

Sorry this is such a long post but I feel it's all necessary. I would really appriciate some experienced input. I know the tank I want is out there I just need some help finding it. Thanks!

The bigdripper is worth getting;
attachment.php

I didn't care for the deck it came with, but discovered that it can work on the deck from my flash-e-vapor.
I might also work with one of your 22mm dripper depending on where the holes line up.

The new version has glass:
1926201-4.jpg

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have an Orchid (clone) and think that might be just the ticket for you. It makes a lot of nice, dense vapor. Sounds like you would rather have an authentic, which I'm quite sure is nicer.

The Billow is very similar to the Orchid, but I can't recommend it seeing how everyone's is leaking except mine.

And yes, check out the Lemo. I would also say the Squape Reloaded, but it is a single coil tank and probably performs best above 0.8ohms.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I've been LooKing at the Lemo, orchid, and the kayfun 4. From first glance the orchid looks perfect but people don't seem to like it as much as I expected.

The kayfun 4 has some great features and seems great but idk how the airflow is going to feel and I know they are usually best around 1ohm.

Price isn't a problem, ill save as long as I have to. I know the technology is there to create a good sub ohm rta but idk if anyone has gotten it right yet. :(

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Interesting OP and spot on... I see where you are headed.
The Atlantis is going to have a bigger tank as you probably know, but you are correct to think that an RTA is going to be even better in flavor dept.
You want bigger air than what some single coil RTA's have too.

I'm in the same boat but up to now, I've refused (after trying a SvoeMaestro Kfun when it first came out) to bother with the complicated tanks
with slots and channels and all, and most of them though highly rated, seems that leaking is almost always an issue with a substantial percentage of users.

I imagine the new RTA's (including Orchid, and new KF types) have more air than before but still am stubborn about ease of set up.
I tried an Erlkonigin and had leaking issues. (directions for leaks are available but the whole "turn the AFC open, turn this way, blow that etc." turns me off.

So I've settled on Prometey2 for a couple years now, which is like a Spheroid which has filler material in the chamber, and your wick goes up to the filler.
Flavor is spot on but like the KF the air is not quite enough but acceptable, and no AFC. Key to flavor is under coil air post.

I just got a Prometey3 and its killer.
The chamber is slightly reduced (but 22mm diameter is right on) and the air hole is bigger; 2mm at least (with AFC).
Single coil but puts out vapor like a dual coil RDA and flavor is fantastic (better than P2).
Holds 2ml easily, and easy to drip into (tilt and lean so juice goes into the filler) so I'd call these a RDTA.
Its pricey - from Titanium Modders Group Ukraine (Art of Exhale) but for ease of use and benefits imo its hard to beat.
Imo it works like how I would want the Erl to perform.

I'll throw up some pics... just got it yesterday.
Better yet here's link: dang its out of stock already but worth looking at.
Atomizer «PROMETEY»

thisisfun

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
boston
just got a russian 2.0, my first rebuildable.

It vapes very well. air flow control is great on it.

But I'm not impressed with it's fiddlyness/method of refilling.

Save your money. (I know this wasn't on your list, but considering the kayfun and russians are similar enough, i hope it helps)

edit: went back to the russian after a day on the magma...despite being fiddly and leaky to fill..the vape is incredible. even compared to the magma.

Last edited:

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Awesome, I am definitely going to cHeck out the prometey2. It may be what I'm looking for. I'm still leaning toward the kayfun v4 because you can get an upgraded airflow and peek insulator. That along with the design and all the new features it seems amazing. The only thing that is keeping me from it is the idea that if I spend the 200$ on it and don't like it I'm sol.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Awesome, I am definitely going to cHeck out the prometey2. It may be what I'm looking for. I'm still leaning toward the kayfun v4 because you can get an upgraded airflow and peek insulator. That along with the design and all the new features it seems amazing. The only thing that is keeping me from it is the idea that if I spend the 200$ on it and don't like it I'm sol.

don't spend $200 on a kayfun without trying the clone first;

I bought a clone kayfun and paid a lot for it; and now that I understand the makeup, and how it works, I'd rather not have bought it;
the advantage though is there's alot of options with the kayfun - I mean other parts you can buy for it; you can get the long long stem for the minikayfun, and you can stack up tanks and rings and make a big kayfun; you can get glass tanks; different topcaps which take standard drip tips; maybe somebody will make a threaded topcap and chimney spire for the kayfun like how the fogger is then you can use that instead;

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

I mentioned that although I love the Prometey2, the air could be wider. And the P3 took care of that.

edit: oh yeah, and more than that the filler type of feeding doesn't go over well much lower than about .7 or .8 ohms imo.

Last edited:

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
coming from dripping to tanks go for an orchid v4. They cqn kick some serious vapor. Have been loving mine. Very easy to build qnd wick. Trust me get one and pm me a thank you not after. Also if built right it leaks not one drop. I ca4ry mine around on long 2 hour walks upside down, on its side and it just works. have mine usually at .5 or .6.

BrushyHillGuide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Sabinal, TX
The Lemo seems like a no-brainer. Inexpensive and it's authentic with AFC and I don't know a single person that has tried it that had anything but rave reviews. I love mine and find myself using it regularly with a wide variety of builds. I like the new Atlantis and I've been vaping it for a couple weeks but every time I pick one of my lemos up I'm like, "Oh man, now THAT'S what I'm talking about!" Flavor and vapor production simply blow the Atlantis away. No leakage all day long, whether I'm bouncing around the ranch in a truck or a saddle. I like it better than my Big Dripper and it rivals some of my drippers. It's simply fantastic and the price point makes me wonder why you don't have one already; especially in light of all the buzz. Heck, I'm a little amazed that EVERYONE with an interest in RTAs hasn't gotten one (or 3) yet. Lol!

FreeTimeNow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
Henderson, NV
Interesting OP and spot on... I see where you are headed.
The Atlantis is going to have a bigger tank as you probably know, but you are correct to think that an RTA is going to be even better in flavor dept.
You want bigger air than what some single coil RTA's have too.

I'm in the same boat but up to now, I've refused (after trying a SvoeMaestro Kfun when it first came out) to bother with the complicated tanks
with slots and channels and all, and most of them though highly rated, seems that leaking is almost always an issue with a substantial percentage of users.

I imagine the new RTA's (including Orchid, and new KF types) have more air than before but still am stubborn about ease of set up.
I tried an Erlkonigin and had leaking issues. (directions for leaks are available but the whole "turn the AFC open, turn this way, blow that etc." turns me off.

So I've settled on Prometey2 for a couple years now, which is like a Spheroid which has filler material in the chamber, and your wick goes up to the filler.
Flavor is spot on but like the KF the air is not quite enough but acceptable, and no AFC. Key to flavor is under coil air post.

I just got a Prometey3 and its killer.
The chamber is slightly reduced (but 22mm diameter is right on) and the air hole is bigger; 2mm at least (with AFC).
Single coil but puts out vapor like a dual coil RDA and flavor is fantastic (better than P2).
Holds 2ml easily, and easy to drip into (tilt and lean so juice goes into the filler) so I'd call these a RDTA.
Its pricey - from Titanium Modders Group Ukraine (Art of Exhale) but for ease of use and benefits imo its hard to beat.
Imo it works like how I would want the Erl to perform.

I'll throw up some pics... just got it yesterday.
Better yet here's link: dang its out of stock already but worth looking at.
Atomizer «PROMETEY»
Went to the site looks interesting. So you build your coil between the posts and over the air hold? How much USD did it cost and were you nervous at all dealing with someone from that part of the world?
Any leaking issues like I'm hearing about with the RTAs? Looking for something easy to build like a RDA, hits like a cardo and has a reservoir so no dripping all the time. Will this fit the bill? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread