Need advice to convert my mother please

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
I'll be visiting my parents soon and Im going to try and get my mother vaping.
Shes one of those people that will need to see how easy this can be rather than how daunting we all know it can be.
I wanted something VV so I got her a spinner and some evods--I thought anything with a lcd for the VV would turn her away.

I'm asking you guys what will be a quality dripping atty I can get so she can test a good amount of juice.
I'm not much of a dripper myself so I was reviewing the HH357 but like I said would love advice on something that will deliver and easy to sample, clean and repeat.

Any opinions on a different method are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I ended up giving my mom my WC kit and she was using an ego and c4 while she was here and she prefers the WC kit she said. she likes it easy. course I said that at one point too. LOL

if she lived closer to me I bet she'd be more apt to try out the fiddlier things, but 16hrs away is a bit of a haul ;)
I'd suggest letting her try out your existing stuff and then ordering her things based on feedback and shipping to her home. Yes, there will be a delay perhaps, but still better to get something she likes and will use IMHO!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If it were me I'd get a non VV battery and put either a Kanger Evod or T3 with the 1.8 ohm heads. Bottom feed IMO gives the best vape for the buck. No dry hits or burnt taste for several refills. My parents would not want to mess with calculating voltage or wattage. On the battery go with a 1000mah ego style. They are small and simple to use. One thing to keep in mind that I have learned is the old thing about "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force them to drink". Smokers are by nature defensive about the addiction me included it took me a while to catch on to vaping but after observing friends doing it I had to try it. Thankfully nobody tried to force it down my throat. Not saying you'd do that but I know if someone had done the hard sell on me I would have gone into mule mode and shut them down. LOL

Oh almost forgot. I've found that the bottom feeds need fewer watts to get the same vape I was getting off of carto's and clearo's. Instead of 8 watts I was able to use 6 watts. Which adds up to longer battery life. Also no dry hits of hot hits. I get 3 refills before I have to clean the heads

Last edited:

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
If it were me I'd get a non VV battery and put either a Kanger Evod or T3 with the 1.8 ohm heads. Bottom feed IMO gives the best vape for the buck. No dry hits or burnt taste for several refills. My parents would not want to mess with calculating voltage or wattage. On the battery go with a 1000mah ego style. They are small and simple to use. One thing to keep in mind that I have learned is the old thing about "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force them to drink". Smokers are by nature defensive about the addiction me included it took me a while to catch on to vaping but after observing friends doing it I had to try it. Thankfully nobody tried to force it down my throat. Not saying you'd do that but I know if someone had done the hard sell on me I would have gone into mule mode and shut them down. LOL

Very true good advice. I'm going to bring all my gear along with me and let her decide what she likes. Shes a huge purple fan so I got her purple evods and a purple spinner. :p All the mods and RBAs stay home though. She might just freak out if I whip out a hand torch and some mesh. :blink:

Beardy

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Portland, OR
Good for you Johnny. My advice is to aim for this: Best results with lowest effort, least confusion and zero pressure. Your choices seem good to me. Just be sure to keep it simple.

This!! I got my dad started by letting him borrow an ego twist a CE5 and Vivi Nova. He tried them out and found they were to fussy for his needs. When he was ready to actually to buy I steered him towards a VV twist style batt, so he can play with voltage when he's comfortable. He also got several EVOD's and loves them. For him they are simple to maintain, easy to fill, and he's had no leaking issues. He love's the setup, but is ready to try some dripping. I am letting him use a Joye 510 atty, but he already has his eye on one of my Cisco Spec LR510 atty's. I'll probably throw it his way once I get a HH357.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I havn't directly converted anyone but I have found that just my enthusiasm about vaping has made quite a few people try it, some successfully.
don't pressure her - show your excitement about vaping :) make sure she knows that some of us don't drop cigs right away, it is ok to taper off cigs, to vape when you can't smoke, etc.
count the ones you don't smoke, not the ones you do. good luck to her

ps, i know your question was about equipment, but I had to chime in ............

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Very true good advice. I'm going to bring all my gear along with me and let her decide what she likes. Shes a huge purple fan so I got her purple evods and a purple spinner. :p All the mods and RBAs stay home though. She might just freak out if I whip out a hand torch and some mesh. :blink:
You could always say your making Vape brulee. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread