Need advice with Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMoon

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
New Hampshire
I own 4 Provari's, one black, two silver, and one mini(never used) They were purchased between between 2011 and 2013. I use clear tanks and Boge 510, standard resistance cartomizers. I have not followed the new developments in the E-Cig world at all. I do notice though that everyone is blowing huge amounts of smoke these days compared to me. When I started vaping it was rare to see anyone else doing the same. My questions are;

Are my Provari's just outdated and useless at this point? I think I paid about $150.00 for each one.
Could I be using a different tank and cartomizer to get more vapor?
Anyone have any advice for me?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Why are you concerned? If you are happy with what you are using, why do you think you need to follow the crowd? Be happy with what you have, especially given your investment.

However, you might do well to make a move away from cartotanks and into rebuildables. Cartomizers for tanks might be difficult to find later on, unless you have set aside a large stockpile.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are now desiring to blow 70 watt clouds, then probably the provari's aren't going to be the choice for that. With that said, I'm pretty sure you could get decent restricted lung hits with the right topper and settings, you may need to change batteries more frequently. There are plenty of folks still using their provaris, and new users falling in love with them (like me) but I'm more of a MTL vaper and I doubt that will change. With that said, there are things you could try, or get a real sub0hm box setup and reserve your provaris for stealth vaping. I don't think provaris have gone out of style, even if they may have gone out of business. :) Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Anna

MMoon

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
New Hampshire
Well I too still use carto tanks on my Provaris', and I have no intention of changing.
So please excuse my cirrus clouds because I have no desire to blow cumulus clouds.
(but I do have a lifetime supply of 3 ohm Boge cartos tucked away)

Thank you, I don't seem to get much of a "cloud" at all. I am using the 3 ohm Boge too, I punch my own holes. I would love to continue using the Provari's-I think I just need some help getting the most out of them.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I own 4 Provari's, one black, two silver, and one mini(never used) They were purchased between between 2011 and 2013. I use clear tanks and Boge 510, standard resistance cartomizers. I have not followed the new developments in the E-Cig world at all. I do notice though that everyone is blowing huge amounts of smoke these days compared to me. When I started vaping it was rare to see anyone else doing the same. My questions are;

Are my Provari's just outdated and useless at this point? I think I paid about $150.00 for each one.
Could I be using a different tank and cartomizer to get more vapor?
Anyone have any advice for me?
I don't think the Provari are outdated and useless. If you like them, keep enjoying them. I started vaping after the cartos and tanks, but use current model tanks (Nautilus X) and coils at 1.8 ohm. I would just get newer tanks and/or rebuildables if you want to keep running what you have. As long as your coils meet the requirements of the Provari, you should be fine.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Thank you, I don't seem to get much of a "cloud" at all. I am using the 3 ohm Boge too, I punch my own holes. I would love to continue using the Provari's-I think I just need some help getting the most out of them.

Define "getting the most out of them".

The only thing your Provaris do is limit the amperage to 3.5a. The rest is up to what you choose to use on it.
    I can put one of my small bore RDAs on a Provari & cloud up the room if I want. Or I can turn the power down & enjoy the best flavor ever. A 1.8 ohm coil @ 6 volts is 20 watts, and that's more than enough power to produce all the cloud I would ever want.
    OR .... I can stick a carto tank on it & enjoy a great vape all day long.

So, if I'm getting everything I want ..... I'm getting the most out of them.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Are my Provari's just outdated and useless at this point?

OH...Yes, they definitely are. So I think you need to put them on the Classifieds here (at a reasonable price of course) so the rest of us can take them off your hands. I'd bet they'd last less than an hour on there before being snatched up by buyers. :D

All kidding aside - You're sitting on what are still highly sought after mods. If you're satisfying your needs with them, don't worry about the clouds (or the lack of really big ones). You'll most likely still be able to vape using your Provaris... long after many other mods will have quit working. :thumbs:

MMoon

Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Define "getting the most out of them".

The only thing your Provaris do is limit the amperage to 3.5a. The rest is up to what you choose to use on it.
    I can put one of my small bore RDAs on a Provari & cloud up the room if I want. Or I can turn the power down & enjoy the best flavor ever. A 1.8 ohm coil @ 6 volts is 20 watts, and that's more than enough power to produce all the cloud I would ever want.
    OR .... I can stick a carto tank on it & enjoy a great vape all day long.

So, if I'm getting everything I want ..... I'm getting the most out of them.

Thank you, I think I just started to feel left behind, when what I should be doing is learning about new and possibly better ways to use what I have.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    You could experiment without spending much money. You could get a Protank 2 for $12 I think. That's a glass tank with 1.8 ohm coils. Or a Nautilus for around $20 which also uses 1.8 coils. I use both of those on the same Provaris that you have. You can make fairly decent clouds with them if you want.

That's just 2 out of thousands of options, I only suggested them because that's what I'm familiar with. They are both pretty easy to set up and use.

If you want to be more adventurous you could get a rebuildable tank where you make your own coils. Or a dripper. Or get a more powerful battery and a tank that makes huge clouds. I would go for small steps though. Just get a simple tank like the ones I mentioned.

MMoon

Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    You could experiment without spending much money. You could get a Protank 2 for $12 I think. That's a glass tank with 1.8 ohm coils. Or a Nautilus for around $20 which also uses 1.8 coils. I use both of those on the same Provaris that you have. You can make fairly decent clouds with them if you want.

That's just 2 out of thousands of options, I only suggested them because that's what I'm familiar with. They are both pretty easy to set up and use.

If you want to be more adventurous you could get a rebuildable tank where you make your own coils. Or a dripper. Or get a more powerful battery and a tank that makes huge clouds. I would go for small steps though. Just get a simple tank like the ones I mentioned.

******THANKS! I would love more recommendations on what to replace old tank and carto setup with or where I could get more info on options

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    My question is why are you concerned with how large are clouds are so you want clouds or you want to just quit smoking if I could upload a video right now I would show you the size of my clouds they're not very big and they're not very big because I am using a Vapor Shark DNA 250 and I'm using a Kayfun Prime

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    And I'm fine with that I do enjoy blowing my big fat clouds from time to time but I'm a flavor chaser so I don't really use a lot of cloud chucking atomizers
    98f151318a2319d62a0ca1b26cd939e6.jpg
    0cb692bd5c48c606faa0df60afb614b2.jpg

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    What it boils down to keep your cardos keep your Provaris and keep vaping how you want to vape don't pay too much attention to other people I ventured off in the cloud chasing and I got to a point to where I was investing a lot of time and money trying to get huge clouds and at the end of the day I was still unhappy so I went back to vaping the way I originally started which was with a Kayfun and a variable wattage device

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    I remember back when, before I started using Provaris, I had a couple of mods that Godzilla used to make. They were battery box mods running at 5 volts, and I used 3Ω cartos on them. Wow! The vapor production I could get from those I thought was just fantastic. Certainly not room filling clouds, but was plenty for me. Now I can get the same from a Provari, so yes you can get plenty of vapor out of a Provari 2.0, or a 2.5. Yeah, if you want what the cloud chasers are doing, you will be needing to move on up, but you can get good vapor from the Provaris you have.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Are they keeping you off the cigarettes? Are they saving you a :censored:ton of money by not smoking? If so, then they are doing their job just fine, don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones's". If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you really, really want to up the clouds a bit, there is supposed to be new inexpensive MTL tank coming out toward the end of this month. You might consider waiting for that or trying some of the above suggestions.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    Thank you, I think I just started to feel left behind, when what I should be doing is learning about new and possibly better ways to use what I have.

I am not worried about keeping up so I can't be left behind. I found my sweet spot and have stayed there since.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread