The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need flavor / drag resistance trying to make the move from tobacco to vaping, the Struggle is real

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Laurenk, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Laurenk

Laurenk New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Really looking forward to learning from some experienced vapors. Please give criticism and advice so I can make some informed decisions. Thanks in advance! I am a flavor chaser, MTL. Currently I’m using and evod twist by kanger. I’ve had a smok alien and another fancy mod, but forgot the name. I need drag resistance and ultimate flavor. Please help me find the right setup. I can’t afford to keep spending money on products that I just can’t handle.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Hello and Welcome.

Is the EVOD Twist the kit or are you using a different tank?

Sent from the future

• Like Like x 4
  3. Trigster

Trigster Super Member

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Hi & Welcome...For a Tight Draw/Good Flavor/Low Price Tank...I don't think you can do better than the Prizm Tanks by Innokin...The "Air Flow" is not adjustable but for me it's just right for a nice tight MTL draw...Those are the tanks they provide with the Endura T18/T22 Starter Kits...Both of those Kits are fine but the batteries aren't adjustable and are fixed at 14 watts which produces a vape that's warmer than I like...I primarily use eLeaf iStick mods (30 & 40) at 11.5 watts...I know of several people who use those tanks as low as 8.5w...Your Alien is easily capable of that and the eVod Twist would work as well at an approximate Voltage of 4.2v...They both use the same coils which are quite durable and inexpensive...There are many choices...Trig

Innokin T22 Prism Tank
    Innokin T18 Prism Tank
    Innokin Endura T18 / T22 Replacement Coils (5 Pack)
    $6.52 Authentic Innokin Endura T18 Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

For the "Tanks" you can't beat MyFreedomSmokes on price that I've seen anywhere...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    My vote for the best Mtl tank for flavor (with stock coils).....
    Aspire Nautilus 2 you can’t go wrong with this tank. Adjustable smooth airflow ( can get very restrictive if desired) and the best flavor mtl coil. There are 7 types of coils that can be used in it as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I also think the nautilus tanks for factory coil tanks, but if you really want the best experience, a rebuildable rta is the best imo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I think you might like the aspire zelos kit which comes with the Nautilus 2 tank, as the wattage is adjustable. It's an inexpensive setup and the N2 is a great little MTL tank.

Best of luck,

Anna

D'oh, I just remembered you have a smok tank, the N2 can fit perfectly well on that, with the right wattage, and you will enjoy great battery life....

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dsites

dsites Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 27, 2017
    Nederland, Colorado
    I suspect most people try multiple devices and juice types before finding what suits them and 'getting started' expenses are part of the process. since you already have a mod, you could try the N2 and T22 tanks and you'll probably be happy. Once you have the right device, costs will drop quickly. btw .... welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome to ECF. You've already gotten good advice, all you really need is to try another tank.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Laurenk

Laurenk New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Thanks everyone one! I went with the nautilus 2 tank. Love it!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Welcome to the forum, glad you found something quickly and hope the struggle to succeed is much easier now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Glad to hear you found a tank you like.
    Hello and welcome.
    Jerry

• Like Like x 3
  12. jett17

jett17 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

7coils???

• Like Like x 2
  13. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Hint: They are not all Nautlius 2 coils. But there are 3 of those that I know of-- 0.7 resistance, 1.6 (my fave) and 1.8 (also decent). The triton mini coils will fit in there too....

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  14. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    You made a great choice! I have 2 Nautilus 2 tanks, and an original Nautilus. They take the same coils, vape similarly, but hey, sometimes I want that 5ml tank to take around!

Next step is diy ejuice for you! Talk about cost savings! You can make it very simple and easy to understand. Also, no more extreme dry mouth with unnecessarily over sweetened juices!

• Like Like x 3
  15. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Good luck with your choice.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    7 types of coils that fit it... 4 Aspire Nautilus coils and 3 Aspire Triton Mini coils are compatable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.