Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Quitter,

The Totally Wicked Torpedo VVV is an L-Rider v1.0, exactly the same as the original Lavatube. The chrome version is an L-Rider v2.0 Lambo, which uses the same electronics but has a spiffier chrome body with an eGo-style 510 connector. If you use 1.5 ohm dual-coil cartos, both versions max out at about 3.7 volts. You can set them higher, but they will not give you more voltage with an LR dual coil.

I much prefer the Young-June manufactured Vtubes, either the v1.5t with a 3.0 amp limit, PWM, and flush 510 connector, or the chrome v2.0 with a 3.9 amp limit, PWM, and eGo-style 510 connector.

I don't use dual-coils anymore, so the increased amp limits aren't essential to me, but all the Young-June versions have atty/carto resistance checking that is implemented very conveniently with a single button click.

Even if you choose to buy an L-Rider v1.0 or v2.0, prices from other vendors are often considerably cheaper than TW.

Last edited:

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Dynamite is a good one, There are several box mods out there talk about all day vape get you a double 18650 box mod! I have 3 box mods, Shan B mod, altoids VV box mod, and big daddy meter bo., You might also consider getting something that you can put a kick in. Vmax is good but its kind of a battery hog.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the input guys!! So the TW unit is an early version? Hmmmmm.....Any other pluses to the updated version?

I do have to ask,,, the Young-June unit says it has a full eGo type connection. Does that mean there's clearance to screw on a TW mega carto or mega tank? I know TW ofers an adapter to do that on their VVV, but having it integral is a plus if it'll work.

The only downside to me is the chrome. I actually want black (I know, unheard of!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread