Need help deciding between the bogger box and the reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm cutting tomz some slack his finding does not appear to be wrong, this is based on my current talking to two other REO owners over PM, one of whom i respect a lot as the guy knows a heck of a lot about rbas / rdas / testing (wont disclose names, some people do not want to get involved in the flame wars)

He is getting 3.6 volts on a fresh batt with a .7 ohm, after noalox.

Not to say that the reo isn't great, but it does appear not to be the device for those coming from the rba / mech / low ohm experience, where they go to great lengths to get the max power, lowest possible voltage drop out of their mechs

(Heck, just recently converted a smok natural and a mkb-ts to hybrids just to get me a .2 volt increase in slb)

Im on the fence on this one, even if you are not a professional reviewer (what? Is that a profession now?) one can always state their opinion

Me, now i'm torn between a reo, vv reo or vvpv, i still want to force myself to spend $200 on reo + rm2, but mostly because i want to experience the rm2 more than the reo itself

Anyhow, i'm getting one of those three this weekend after i hear back from someone who is testing his reo throughout-fully this week

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
I bought a Reo and was very unhappy with it. When I received it the buttons melted. So I rebuilt it and same problem.
Sent it back to Rob and he fixed it.

The Reo is old technology. It claims to be a mechanical and it a very poor mechanical when used with Low Ohm Coils.

If you are vaping on a normal Stick atomizer you'll be happy. But if you are into .5Ohm and below the Reo doesn't cut it. The voltage drop under load is over 1 Volt.

My VV Booger Box costs around the same as a Reo. I'm vaping around 1 Ohm at 4.7V and 1.2 Ohm at 5V.
The only reason for me to buy a Mechanical is for Sub Ohm Vaping on a RBA and the Reo has such a huge voltage drop it's unusable.

So if you are Mr Normal and like normal vaping you'll love the Reo. If you are into RBA and sub OHm Vaping or even 1 ohm vaping the Reo doesn't cut it.

Seeing is believing

Why dont you check out Reo does cut it for sub ohm thread because a fellow Reo user owns his exact mod he had and runs it at sub ohm coils :) Sometimes user error can affect the way a device is used.To be fair though Stats does use non standard coils :D

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
You are right on the mark.!

With one exception, I found the vape on the REO as too cool for my taste even at 1 Ohm on a RBA. I think a VV Variable Volt is a better investment.

Rob has a policy of No Returns.So I wanted to make potential customers aware of this issue and that
if they are planning on using a Reo in Sub Ohm Vaping it won't be the right APV for them.

I also think a VV Bottom Feeding APV is a better choice.

But many REO users do use sub ohm vaping so how can (in red) this be true? I don't like when a statement is made like that because it is only your opinion not an actual fact. Telling people something is not right for them because of your experience is not nice. A little advice,I would just tell people my experience and add ymmv. Or say in your opinion. That is all I have to say about that :)

I do love the REO it is perfect for what i need and gives me confidence and help for when i get my first RM2.

imo it is worth going to the REO forum to find out the satisfied users experiences/support with this APV that is what i did before i ordered my first one. I thought it was a very good sign of Rob/supplier/redeyedancer that can be trusted to have opened a forum and is active in it.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Let's change the subject back to Need help deciding between the bogger box and the reo

Right now I"ve been vaping all day on a

DNA20D Bogger Box [Bottom Feeder]
Reomizer 2 RBA [side hole drilled wider for better airflow]
FC-2000 Porous Ceramic Wick
4 wraps of 27 Gauge Kanthal for a .64 Ohm Vape
19.5 Watts [3.54V]
Orbtronic [Panasonic] 2900mah High Drain Battery
100% Vg Juice with Organic Flavors
And the beauty is that the DNA20D Bogger Box will maintain the same voltage for 8-10 Hours for a consistent Vape

It just don't get better than this. [Arguably]

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm very happy with the Reo mini and a 1.5Ω store bought atty. Nice flavor, easy to use, I can throw it in my purse without worrying about damaging it. When the amount of vapor decreases, I change the battery. I find the vape a nice alternative to my ProVari and it has the same solid feel to it.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm very happy with the Reo mini and a 1.5Ω store bought atty. Nice flavor, easy to use, I can throw it in my purse without worrying about damaging it. When the amount of vapor decreases, I change the battery. I find the vape a nice alternative to my ProVari and it has the same solid feel to it.

That was the deciding factor for me, metal body

At the end of the day it comes (mostly) to what you put on top of it, i'm a lot more excited about the rm2 i got than what holds the battery

Of course, you want no leaking, great construction, easy to repair if it comes to it, etc (in mu case, ease to mod as well, but that's just me)

If this would be a first feeder, get a reo, if you already have one and want expand the collection, then you can start looking for wood or more artsy kind of materials

I bought a reo+rm2, may get a vmod xl when it comes into sale jus to attache and leave there a phoenix rda, it's my preferred attys thus far (havent received the rm2 yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread