need help on my second go around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITEY

Feb 21, 2011
essextrash MD
hello, i was a vaper before...about 2-1/2 years ago, and since then, quit vaping and started rolling my own cigarettes. i had a njoy model rn4081 i believe, and the reason i stopped was because of three reasons:

1: not many stores around that carried ecig products
2: batteries sucked, i had 3 batteries all together and 1 died, 1 had a tough draw, and the other 1 was perfect, but it wouldnt last all day.
3: the cartomizers i was using were shoddy quality, and cost $7 a 5 pack of blanks, and on average they would taste burnt after a day and a half of usage.

i was looking at getting back into this to help kick my smoking habit, but i wanted to know if there is something better now? heres what im looking for:

1: a ecig that last all day without recharging....2 days would be even better.
2: something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to use, such as i think a cartomizer should last 3-5 days...not 1.
3: something that i dont need to constantly refill throughout my work day.

now i was browsing a few websites and i found a BOGE Revolution v2 for $40.....are these any good? i like the idea behind it, but do they leak? are they fidgity? pro's and con's? are there better products out there less than say....$70? i appericiate the help guys and girls--whitey

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Here is possibility for you - vivi nova heads should last 7+ days and are just a little more than cartos

MEGA EGO-C and Mini VIvi Nova Kit - $66.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

and this if you are in front of computer all day (and your employer will let you plug it in - mine will not - due to possibly increasing the electric bill)

JOYE EGO/T/C USB Battery Passthrough 1000Mah - $20.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

I can fit both batteries and both tanks in an old hard side eyeglass case (both disassembled with the 1000mah - 1 assembled with the 650mah batteries)

-fourthousand

Feb 6, 2013
alabama
I recommend a passthrough type battery (can use while charging) and a 2.5 mil vivi nova tank...the cartos provide better flavor but for hassle free vaping I like a tank. The 900 mAh battery will get you through the day just fine. VV is a plus for vaping quality and VW will provide a more consistant vape using different resistance coils. Good Luck and VAPE ON!

WHITEY

Feb 21, 2011
essextrash MD
thanks guys, the kit katya recommended seems good, but i have a few questions about it....the tank systems were not even thought of when i started vaping so,.....
is a tank system like a giant cartomizer, it holds extra liquid to refill itself?
whats this difference between bottom and top coil atomizers? taste? throat hit? temperature?
im assuming these tank systems are like the revolution v2, but they automatically refill the juice...making the revolution kind of old news?

i work construction, so access to a usb port is slim to none...:)

jimmy81

Apr 18, 2013
Klang, Malaysia
A few years back, I bought E Cig that look like a cigarettes, just three days it goes to the bin, it taste awefull and bats dont even last for a day.. .. So I started back analog. But now Im back to Vaping with my Provari and using Boge tank.. It just got lots better.. Bats last me 1-2 days, the tank can last me almost 1 week about 6ml liquid inside tank and pretty cost effective.

westy78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Colorado
1: a ecig that last all day without recharging....2 days would be even better.

Sounds like an 18650 mod would fit the bill. Think Vamo, Lavatube, Silver Bullet, Provari, etc. There are a lot of options in this class, some mechanical, some variable voltage, some variable wattage, some inexpensive, some expensive. Or you might look into a box mod like Man Cave Mods.

If you don't want a "big" mod, go for some 1000-mah eGo Twists. One will last you through most of the work day (if not all day) and throw an extra in your pocket in case. Two 650s get me through the work day and if I'm going out after work I carry a third.

2: something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to use, such as i think a cartomizer should last 3-5 days...not 1.

I don't have any experience with cartos but you're right, they should be lasting more like a week minimum.

3: something that i dont need to constantly refill throughout my work day.

I vape 3-5 ml/day and use a mini Vivi Nova. You could use a large size Vivi Nova or similar, or a carto tank, or a larger rebuildable like a Terminator-C. Probably a large Vivi would be a good option for a pretty low-hassle, inexpensive setup.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thanks guys, the kit katya recommended seems good, but i have a few questions about it....the tank systems were not even thought of when i started vaping so,.....
is a tank system like a giant cartomizer, it holds extra liquid to refill itself?
whats this difference between bottom and top coil atomizers? taste? throat hit? temperature?
im assuming these tank systems are like the revolution v2, but they automatically refill the juice...making the revolution kind of old news?

i work construction, so access to a usb port is slim to none...:)

Revolution v2 is a bottom feeder--like a Reo. It is used with a cartomizer which is fed by squonking! :) Lots of people like that model--especially the Reo, which has a huge following.

A carto-tank is an empty tank into which you insert a pre-punched cartomizer. It can be used with any 510 threaded fat battery or APV.

cov%20map%20tank%201.jpg

Kanger clearomizers (T2, T3, MT3, eVod) are giant empty cartomizers that have no filler--just an empty tank--and they come with replaceable coils. Most are eGo threaded; the ProTank is larger and designed to be used on APVs.

3021-2.jpg

Google them--there are plenty of youtube videos that explain how to use and clean them. PBusardo is one of the best reviewers and teachers.

Good luck!

gjanderson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
i know many here are showing great setups. for construction work you would most likely be working about 10 - 12 hours a day.

it depends on how often you will use the e-cig and how long you will be working.

I know when I was doing daily labor for construction you would not have the ability to carry a bunch of batteries or other things.

in this case I would recommend the KGO or Spinner 1100 mAh vv battery.

it would most likely last about 1 day if you used frequently. You can also get a lanyard for it so you can carry it around your neck.

as far as cartos go, if you are not keeping them topped off then they burn quickly. I personally got tired if them. After going through many reviews on yiu tube, I decided on a clearomizer (just replace the head when it dies) cleaning is easy also and refill even easier. many of the tanks need a punched cartomizer and after many reviews, you may still need to punch or fix them for better vaping.

I don't think you will want a big (even a mini tube is on the big size) mod unit while out on the construction site. just mho

there are great smaller sized clearomizers that work great on the KGO (or any EGO clone). just ask here or look on youtube reviews before buying. also once you do decide, ask about best places to buy, some may know of a coupon code to save a little money also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread