Need help please, first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone. Finally received my EHPro Kayfun light V2 and received everything else I need. I am using 28 Kanthal for my coil and built it at 1.5 and will be using it on a Provari. I placed the cotton through the coil with an S shape and the cotton is saturated with ejuice and tucked on the mini part of the deck not the one with the air holes in an S shape as I have seen on many videos.

Problem, when I run a test fire I smell the ejuice but also smell a burnt ashy smell as well. Is this normal?

Do I need more wick?

Do I need to wet the coil as well with ejuice?

I don't want to fill my tank yet before so I won't waste any ejuice and make a mess. Any quick responses would be appreciated.

Thank you

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
the cotton is not touching the deck and not blocking the air channels. The small base part above the deck is what what I was referring to. That is where I have my cotton laying.

I am thinking now it is the cotton I used. I purchased Biowick cotton thinking it was going to be easier to use. Maybe it's not the cotton, maybe it's the coil. I test fired the coil a few times to make sure it is glowing properly and no shorts. I filled up the tank after putting more ejuice on the wick like Golem suggested and filled up the tank. All I taste is burnt taste.

What do you guys think?

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I am suggesting that the cotton SHOULD go down and touch the deck. When you take a pull, the vacuum created in the tank draws the liquid up the channels and onto the deck, where your wick picks it up and carries it up to the little coil deck area. So, you need to cut the wicks long enough to tuck down onto the deck, but NOT directly onto the channels (so the liquid can flow up onto the deck area). I usually use about a 1 inch piece of cotton, put it halfway though the coil, then lift the ends up into a "U" shape, put the bottom half of the chimney on, then trim the ends of the wicks so they're about 1/8" above the open chimney. THEN, I tuck those wick ends down ONTO THE DECK, off to the side of the channel. Prime the wick with a few drops of juice, then put the rest of the chimney on and reassemble the tank, fill, and vape.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
ElConquistador, I think my terminology of what I consider a mini deck and the major deck is what is confusing the whole situation. Take a look at this video at the 9:30 mark, this is how I have my wick set up. At this point I think I probably burnt my wick. So it seems as though I have to rewick and try again. Thank again for all your responses. I hope second time is a charm lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7o7RFoTtw0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread