Need help protank 2 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimusPrimerib

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
ok i have a 900mah ego style battery and a protank 2. Yesterday i started getting this really really nasty burn taste. i cleaned everything. still burnt. i went to the shop and they told me to use a higher ohm atty so i went from a 2.2 to a 2.5. still tastes burnt. ive only been vaping 3 - 4 weeks i have no idea what im doing someone please help.

Racefan_rod

Jun 10, 2013
United States
Seems like there isn't enough eliquid wicking your wick while vaping. I will take a few primer puffs and you should see some bubbles come up in the tank. Also it depends on your juice that you are using like thickness etc. If its a thick juice you could take the head apart and remove one of the flavor wicks and that will allow more juice in to keep your wick wet. I would clean that head by just taking it apart and running it under hot water and dab it the wick a lil with a paper towel and do a dry burn. With the flavor wicks I just rinse those off and set on a paper towel and fold it on top of the wicks and smash down to soak up the water a few times. You can do a search on how to dry burn a pro tank and will find some vids on youtube. Another thing I always do if I get a burnt taste is when I clean the head and after I dry burn I will take like a tack something with a very fine point and space the coils around and test fire to make sure there are no hot spots which will give you a bad taste. So I try and get them evenly spaced and leave a space in the middle like how the make the from factory. Then I will usually wash it off and dry burn again so there is no gunk or anything left over esp. the burnt juice that gets collected on the wick which burns off. When you do dry burns start at a low voltage and work up to like 4.2 volts. Hope this will help you out I bet you can save those heads by doin this. I do this every 2 or 3 tank fulls.

Happy Vaping :vapor:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
ok i have a 900mah ego style battery and a protank 2. Yesterday i started getting this really really nasty burn taste. i cleaned everything. still burnt. i went to the shop and they told me to use a higher ohm atty so i went from a 2.2 to a 2.5. still tastes burnt. ive only been vaping 3 - 4 weeks i have no idea what im doing someone please help.

welcome to ECF

so your vaping along 2.5 weeks all is good and then it starts tasting burnt ?
is your 900 a VV ? plenty of fluid - keeping battery charged
went from a 2.2Ω to a 2.5Ω and how long did that last before burnt taste ?

you need to watch some YT vids and then ask some questions... :)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I have found the Kanger coils to perform best at low voltage. I'm using a 2.1 ohm coil now I have had on for 3 tankfuls of AIV's April Moon and I'm getting great flavor and vapor production at 3.3 volts. I start at 2.9 and slowly work my way up once the wicks and coil are saturated. I think the biggest mistake people make is vaping at higher power than is needed.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I have found the Kanger coils to perform best at low voltage. I'm using a 2.1 ohm coil now I have had on for 3 tankfuls of AIV's April Moon and I'm getting great flavor and vapor production at 3.3 volts. I start at 2.9 and slowly work my way up once the wicks and coil are saturated. I think the biggest mistake people make is vaping at higher power than is needed.

I agree.... I always start low and then dial it in until I. Where I want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread