Need help with a DIY Cheesecake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket222

Mar 8, 2017
Hi I'm new and in need of some assistance.
I've been doing DIY for a year now to some pretty good success. Except when it comes to making a cheesecake flavor. I've tried 3 different types of cheesecake flavor with varying amounts and none of them taste anything like cheesecake. Like New York cheesecake tastes kind of nutty and kind of smells like popcorn more then anything and cheesecake graham crust just tastes like (a pretty good) graham crust. So does anyone have any idea what I may be missing here because damn it I want may cheesecake.

Reactions: Kenna

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
never liked any cheesecake flavorings on its own, they need to be mix with other flavorings to be any good IMO..

not allowed to share recipe outside of where it is at but, if you do a web search for: HIC's Homevape Cheesecake , you will find a pretty decent plain cheesecake flavoring mix recipe that you can than use as a stand alone flavoring. it has too much AP in it for my taste though so i cut that down to .50%. I use this flavoring mix alone and it was pretty decent but, i thought it tasted best mixed with vanilla custard, gave it a more creamy taste.

Cricket222

Mar 8, 2017
never liked any cheesecake flavorings on its own, they need to be mix with other flavorings to be any good IMO..

not allowed to share recipe outside of where it is at but, if you do a web search for: HIC's Homevape Cheesecake , you will find a pretty decent plain cheesecake flavoring mix recipe that you can than use as a stand alone flavoring. it has too much AP in it for my taste though so i cut that down to .50%. I use this flavoring mix alone and it was pretty decent but, i thought it tasted best mixed with vanilla custard, gave it a more creamy taste.
What is the AP even there for? I see that a lot in cheesecake recipes but I don't understand why cheesecake needs a nutty flavor? Regardless I'll give it a go. thanks.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
What is the AP even there for? I see that a lot in cheesecake recipes but I don't understand why cheesecake needs a nutty flavor? Regardless I'll give it a go. thanks.

it tastes more on the bready yeast side to me (at low %), it gives plain cheesecake a bready/cereal/graham note. i am thinking of lowering it more to .25% after i run out of flavoring mix i already made because even at .50% i still think it overpowers the cheesecake creamy taste a tad too much but, i like my cheesecake mostly without crust so that is just my personal preference in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread