Need help with DIY ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

everman7

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
Arizona
A good tip for making it somewhat simple:

Wizard Labs sells nicotine base in the nicotine strength you want. I order PG or VG in 18% for myself.
I mix the PG and VG to my liking, usually 60% PG and 40% VG. I use about 10% flavoring which is almost always PG, so add that to your percentage.

Here's an example:
10ml bottle (it's better to use larger bottles and do the math, but 10ml is easy to explain)
5ml of PG
4ml of VG
1ml of Flavoring
gives you approximately 60/40 blend at about 17% nicotine.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
As posted EJuice Me up is a great and easy calc to use. For high quality VG and PG here's a deal with free shipping. Sounds like a lot but you'd be surprised at how quick it goes. Apparently prices are due to be raised +20% soon http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-218/1-Gallon-Veg-Glycerin/Detail
As for Flavorless Nic Juice Wizard Labs has high quality Flavorless Nic for a reasonable price.
As for the Nic/ mg level and PG/ VG base it all depends on how many mg you're vaping and what the PG/ VG ratio of your juice is. Higher base Nic= less expensive juice. Realize also thinner water-like PG based Nic juice is much easier to work with than VG based juice. Flavorless Nic can be stored in the freezer for 2+ years.

Edit: one month after I began vaping I got into DIY and although it's sometimes frustrating to find the right recipe when all is said and done it's the best move I ever made. Even more so now with possible regulations on the horizon. VERY economical and rewarding= more $$ to buy Ecig junk :laugh:
Best of Luck.

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
DIY can be ridiculously easy and cheap,,,,,,,,,,,,or much harder and more costly, depending on flavor choices, nic level, etc.

I have been DIY for over a year now,,,,,,,,I like simple, single fruit flavors,,,,,,,,my daughter likes menthol peppermint. I no longer use nic, she still does,,,,,,

I can make 50ml of my single fruit flavor for about 2.32. Hers is a bit more,,,,,,maybe 3.50 for 50ml. Nic is the most expensive ingredient, followed by flavorings,,,,,,,so YMMV.

It's definitely worth your while to try it out,,,,,,if you like really complicated flavors, tobacco flavors and some desert flavors, those also require steeping,,,,,,waiting for days-weeks until the flavor matures,,,,,,

I think I started out with about 6 8ml flavors I bought online, a bottle of nic, a bottle of VG and one of PG, some 10ml syringes and a couple of pipettes and I believe my initial investment was less than 40 bucks. Save the empty plastic bottles you're using now, and that's less you have to buy there,,,,,,,

today, I buy nic about once every six months, I buy gallons of VG and PG and flavoring by the 120ml online,,,,,,,cheaper even still.

definitely stop over at the DIY board for more info :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I do not use nicotine, Im in it all for the flavors. Thanks for all the quick responses, I will do all the necessary research before I try anything. Wish me luck!. Happy Vaping!

Cool and that means your costs should really plummet.
Best of Luck...I'm now vaping Zero Nic and can appreciate where you're coming from :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread