Need help with MVP 2.0 settings please

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone, just received my MVP 2.0 and I am confused about the settings. According to manual that comes with it, it states, if you press both the P and U buttons for 2 seconds I will see in the order below:

1- resistance
2- battery voltage
3- number of puffs
4- last set Voltage or Wattage

Well I see the first 2, resistance and battery voltage. The number of puffs and last voltage or wattage does not show up.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to press something extra to see those 2 settings?

What concerns me most is that I want to be able to see if I have it on Voltage or Wattage setting. Is there a way to check that? How would I be able to tell which one I have selected?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Only resistance and battery voltage when you press both buttons and hold them down.

• Press either button, and you get "puffs" then either voltage or wattage setting. The last setting you see, is what you're on.
  • If you press 'U' and see 300 puffs and 4.1v, then you remain on 4.1v and voltage... or cycle up and back to 3.3v low setting.
  • If you press 'P' and see 300 puffs and 8.5w, then you remain on 8.5w and wattage (or "Power")... or cycle up and back to 6.0w low setting.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thank you for your response. Kind of figured out what you stated. Now I am wondering if the instructions on the settings part were a misprint.
No problem. Just a guess, but I don't think the person that translated it to english actually knew how the thing works. It happens.

It's pretty simple as far as available screen features... what confuses some are the circular adjustments (vs. say, an iTaste 3.0) and that "what you see is what you are" concept. ;-)

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
No problem. Just a guess, but I don't think the person that translated it to english actually knew how the thing works. It happens.

"When adjustments are making, simply you press button holding both until screen showing volts, watts and making vape you adjust".
Simple, right?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi everyone, just received my MVP 2.0 and I am confused about the settings. According to manual that comes with it, it states, if you press both the P and U buttons for 2 seconds I will see in the order below:

1- resistance
2- battery voltage
3- number of puffs
4- last set Voltage or Wattage

Well I see the first 2, resistance and battery voltage.
The number of puffs and last voltage or wattage does not show up.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to press something extra to see those 2 settings?

What concerns me most is that I want to be able to see if I have it on Voltage or Wattage setting. Is there a way to check that? How would I be able to tell which one I have selected?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pretty much just like S O' Flux said-the manual is wrong; 1)Ω, 2)then MVP battery V 3.9 (no #3 or #4 screen)

I've wondered that also -- "Which am I vaping ? " 'V' or 'W' - there is no way of telling
and then when you push/hold P or V it does not matter where you were, it goes to that setting
you just have to remember... ;)

but all things considered if that's all I have to complain about :banana:

MVP's RULE

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
The MVP2 holds the last setting you set. So if you want to vape by watts, you set your watts. If you go over to volts to look at it and see what it is set at, I believe it will switch you over to volts - you have to go back to watts setting.

Would someone tell me if I am wrong here. I have been vaping in watts mode all the time. I do know that it does remember my settings after recharging the battery.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
The MVP2 holds the last setting you set. So if you want to vape by watts, you set your watts. If you go over to volts to look at it and see what it is set at, I believe it will switch you over to volts - you have to go back to watts setting.

Would someone tell me if I am wrong here. I have been vaping in watts mode all the time. I do know that it does remember my settings after recharging the battery.

I believe you are correct. Setting the wattage will automatically adjust the voltage to the device you attach. Setting the voltage is just.... Setting the voltage.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

I believe you are correct. Setting the wattage will automatically adjust the voltage to the device you attach. Setting the voltage is just.... Setting the voltage.

Yes you are correct SheriR. I have been testing and using my MVP for the past day. My test was done as follows.

Placed V at 3.3
Placed p at 4.5

Switched back and forth between them, turn it on and off, etc. It remembers the last one you selected.

yepper that is right

push the "P" button your in watts mode
push the "V" button your in volts mode
and the MVP stays in that mode till you change it (always remembers)

as far as my usage, it makes no difference which mode you choose
your just putting power to the coil
start at a low power setting, and increase till you get where you like it... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread