zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Best? Probably Not.

9687590-5.jpg

$12.99 ULTON LowRider Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Lowest Profile rda I have Ever Seen?

Winner!

Reactions: mac-nutty

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Received the creek rda by atmizoo last week: Creek | vaping modware by atmizone

Was released last year. Todd and Qorax reviewed then. Funny enough Jai Haze just put up a review yesterday (he got some things wrong so I'd stick with watching the Todd and Qorax reviews).

Great solid RDA for a very reasonable price and from a very reputable company. Has been flying under (my / the) radar and glad I picked one up.

Got mine last week, it’s definitely up there in my top 3. The price is very reasonable for the quality and shipping was pretty darn quick, less than a week from ordering to vaping.

Reactions: godfatherI

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I heard the Drop Solo is very airy or closed off, not much middle ground.
Not true. It's easy to dial in the airflow using a Drop Solo. It's one of the best single coil RDAs I've used. It's a "Flavor banger" or whatever the lingo is. Compared to something like the Recurve it may seem airy at some settings. That's only because the Recurve is restrictive wide open. The Drop Solo is just an amazing RDA to vape on.

• Agree
Reactions: Cooperant

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I don’t think I saw one mention of the Asmodus C4. I think I like it even more than the Recurve. It’s not the best looking RDA, but I really like how it performs. I do have the stainless version so that helps hide the weird line business going on.
You know, I've been vaping my Recurve (with 22mm caps) for a few months. Usually rotate through with the Nudge 22 and Asmodus C4.

Well I put the other two back into rotation recently, first the Nudge, then the C4. And you know what, the vape I get off of the C4 blows the Recurve away, at least to me.

Airflow is as smooth, if not smoother than the Recurve, but the C4 is a bit more restrictive. Definitely a DTL vape, but the additional bit of restriction and the smooth airflow makes it much more satisfying to me than the Recurve. I have one in rotation, three more in the vape closet, but I've going to order a few more colors to coordinate with a few other mods. For the way I like to vape, when I DTL, the C4 beats out the Nudge 22, the Recurve, the Hotcig Castle, and the Gas Mods GR1. Those are my other favorite squonk RDAs, but the C4 takes the cake for sure.

Not sure why the C4 doesn't get more attention. My only (minor) complaints are:

1) Drip tips have o-rings on the drip tip, not inside the cap. Similar to SMOK 810 style tips. Love the stabwood drip tip that comes with it though.
2) If I recall from building it, I had to hold my coil wires in place when clamping them down. The screws wanted to move the coil leads out of place.

Those are my only negatives. Simple a fantastic vape to me. Going to order a few more.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
You know, I've been vaping my Recurve (with 22mm caps) for a few months. Usually rotate through with the Nudge 22 and Asmodus C4.

Well I put the other two back into rotation recently, first the Nudge, then the C4. And you know what, the vape I get off of the C4 blows the Recurve away, at least to me.

Airflow is as smooth, if not smoother than the Recurve, but the C4 is a bit more restrictive. Definitely a DTL vape, but the additional bit of restriction and the smooth airflow makes it much more satisfying to me than the Recurve. I have one in rotation, three more in the vape closet, but I've going to order a few more colors to coordinate with a few other mods. For the way I like to vape, when I DTL, the C4 beats out the Nudge 22, the Recurve, the Hotcig Castle, and the Gas Mods GR1. Those are my other favorite squonk RDAs, but the C4 takes the cake for sure.

Not sure why the C4 doesn't get more attention. My only (minor) complaints are:

1) Drip tips have o-rings on the drip tip, not inside the cap. Similar to SMOK 810 style tips. Love the stabwood drip tip that comes with it though.
2) If I recall from building it, I had to hold my coil wires in place when clamping them down. The screws wanted to move the coil leads out of place.

Those are my only negatives. Simple a fantastic vape to me. Going to order a few more.
Great post. Yep, the drip tip thing bugs me too. I definitely like to be able to swap things around and they make that difficult. Also have to reverse wrap in this RDA. So Asmodus has the .Blank and I’ll probably pick it up at some point. Not a ton of reviews yet, but hopefully there will be more soon. It’s much better looking but the airflow is different. Hits the coils about the same but comes through the top. Can it be as smooth that way? Kinda doubt it, but one can hope. In the single coil RDA world, this is one I’m definitely looking at. You are being redirected...

What a sexy deck and airflow. That thing just looks like a flavor monster all the way. Great looking RDA too imo.

Reactions: score69

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Great post. Yep, the drip tip thing bugs me too. I definitely like to be able to swap things around and they make that difficult. Also have to reverse wrap in this RDA. So Asmodus has the .Blank and I’ll probably pick it up at some point. Not a ton of reviews yet, but hopefully there will be more soon. It’s much better looking but the airflow is different. Hits the coils about the same but comes through the top. Can it be as smooth that way? Kinda doubt it, but one can hope. In the single coil RDA world, this is one I’m definitely looking at. You are being redirected...

What a sexy deck and airflow. That thing just looks like a flavor monster all the way. Great looking RDA too imo.
I'm interested in checking out the .Blank myself. Going to try to watch some reviews on it today. VaporDNA is out of the C4 (where I ordered my previous ones) and it was $5 less than it was direct from Asmodus. I may go ahead and order my other C4s from Asmodus and pick up a .Blank depending on what the reviews sound like.

They did a great job with the C4, I'll be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the .Blank.

Didn't think about the reverse winding of the coils. That would probably solve most of my issues with complaint #2 above regarding capturing the leads. Just wound a bunch of coils yesterday, but I'll try a reverse wind next time I replace the coil on my C4.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I'm interested in checking out the .Blank myself. Going to try to watch some reviews on it today. VaporDNA is out of the C4 (where I ordered my previous ones) and it was $5 less than it was direct from Asmodus. I may go ahead and order my other C4s from Asmodus and pick up a .Blank depending on what the reviews sound like.

They did a great job with the C4, I'll be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the .Blank.

Didn't think about the reverse winding of the coils. That would probably solve most of my issues with complaint #2 above regarding capturing the leads. Just wound a bunch of coils yesterday, but I'll try a reverse wind next time I replace the coil on my C4.
It makes the coils drop in easier, but it’s not a total fix for the wires wanting to escape. I’m sure it’ll be a little easier since it will be a more natural feel for the way the coil sets in.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It makes the coils drop in easier, but it’s not a total fix for the wires wanting to escape. I’m sure it’ll be a little easier since it will be a more natural feel for the way the coil sets in.
I saw Asmodus still has a 30% off sale going on (USA30), so I ordered two more C4's. Came out to $25 each, free shipping.

I was going to pick up the .BLANK, but the 30% off code didn't apply to it, so I'm going to wait until I see a few more reviews. The few I watched commented the airflow was turbulent, not sure I would like that after being used to how smooth it is with the C4.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I saw Asmodus still has a 30% off sale going on (USA30), so I ordered two more C4's. Came out to $25 each, free shipping.

I was going to pick up the .BLANK, but the 30% off code didn't apply to it, so I'm going to wait until I see a few more reviews. The few I watched commented the airflow was turbulent, not sure I would like that after being used to how smooth it is with the C4.
I saw that too. Maybe someone will say something that makes me jump at some point. Idk. Perhaps I’ll just grab the new one I posted the link to and chase the C4 dragon at another time. I’m just glad there is at least one other person that thinks the C4 beats the Recurve. Not bashing the Recurve at all, but the C4 is better performance wise. I do think the recurve kills it in the looks department though.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread