Best single coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
Hey everyone! I know my likes are gonna be different then yours but just curious as to your favorite single coil rda? It could be built specifically for single or an RDA that's duel but Vapes well single! I guess I'm open to RTAs as well but I've never gotten into them, probably will at some point as I love the flavor of dripping but am forced to use tanks at time for convenience. I heard the Drop Solo is very airy or closed off, not much middle ground. I don't like airy but I don't want it tight enough to where I'm very restricted! I've been out of vaping for awhile so just love to get some opinions on what's out there!

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
Pulse bf on a squonker isn’t bad at all for DL imho
Don't have a squonker, should've mentioned that as some actually are better if you squonk. I did back when I 1st started vaping & had to try everything lol. Reos were the .... & if you wanted a great RDA that was different then the 2 they sold Chowder or somebody had to convert it haha! Wish I never sold that thing, it was a beautiful box

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Besides the ones already mentioned, here are a couple good single coil options.

Gas mods GR1. It has interchangeable airflow tubes to customize the draw to your liking and has the most flavor than any other RDA I have used so far. Tbis is my favorite rda so far.

Nudge 22. Has two top caps included, which have different sized airflow holes to customize the draw to your liking. It has good flavor and can hold a fairly large coil.

Recurve. It is a little tight on the draw, but is a nice, smooth vape with really good flavor.

Entheon. Good flavor, and very cheap if you get a clone. If you want more airflow out of it the wasp nano top cap fits it and vapes better with the wasp cap, imo.

Wasp nano. It is good all around, but not great in any specific area. It is worth the price, and has a lot of airflow. Definitely worth owning.

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
Pulse bf on a squonker isn’t bad at all for DL imho
I don't squonk though & I've noticed in alot of reviews it makes a difference on alot of the single coil ones? For instance I see & hear alot if comments like it's great if you drip but not good for squonking & vice versa. I'm thinking it's just more how it wicks the coil & possible leaking if the airflow is set low! I tried had a Reo when I 1st started vaping wish I never sold it

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't squonk though & I've noticed in alot of reviews it makes a difference on alot of the single coil ones? For instance I see & hear alot if comments like it's great if you drip but not good for squonking & vice versa. I'm thinking it's just more how it wicks the coil & possible leaking if the airflow is set low! I tried had a Reo when I 1st started vaping wish I never sold it
I’ve only used it for squonking so I couldn’t tell ya. My experience though is that if you’re not squonking one RDA is much like another. I can tell you it does not really have useful air modulation and it’s set for DL.

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
My favorite is the GR1. I have the 24mm cap and 810 DT on it. It is a squonk atty. I don't think it would do too well as a dripper.
Yeah I just commented on that.. Everyone is mentioning great squonking attys, did something in my message come across with that lol?! Seems like it makes a big difference. Wasp Nano seems legit but the spit back is a constant & I mean constant bad thing about it. Wish I wasn't poor so I could just buy like 5 hahaha!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
My favorite is the GR1. I have the 24mm cap and 810 DT on it. It is a squonk atty. I don't think it would do too well as a dripper.

You can drip on it, just have to be a little more mindful of over dripping.

You are right, when someone says it's more for dripping or more for squonking, they are talking about airflow position, coil height, and how the atomizer deals with juice coming in from the top or bottom depending on design.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Yeah I just commented on that.. Everyone is mentioning great squonking attys, did something in my message come across with that lol?! Seems like it makes a big difference. Wasp Nano seems legit but the spit back is a constant & I mean constant bad thing about it. Wish I wasn't poor so I could just buy like 5 hahaha!
seems like most single coil attys (or most attys in general come with both style of pins) no reason you couldnt set any of them up to drip....a Haku cruiser would be a great dripper if you were so inclined

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Where there can be a Difference in an RDA is if is Possible to Drip into the Air Inlets. So with an RDA like this, Squonking can be Less Problematic.

Also, some RDA's have a Very Small "Juice Well". So some say it is Easier to use them when Squonking.

But for the Many RDA's, I don't think there is a big Difference between if you Drip or if you Squonk.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So far I am really liking the Drop Solo. It has a decent reservoir to guard against over dripping.

Do you find the o-rings stick after some use? No matter how much I juice up the o-rings, after about an hour or so the Solo is impossible to take apart.

Are most of the reviewers correct that it's either too airy or more of a tight throat to lung hit & not really an in between?

Reviewers might have been referring to the stock drip tips. I found they were too small so replaced mine. Close off the top row of air flow and it feels very similar to the Drop…with the different drip tip of course.

It’s a nice RDA, I just have one b*tch of a time taking it apart. With the PMMA cap as well

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I enjoy the gr-1 as well and I use it exclusively as a dripper. It’s how I test my juices I mix since it gives me the best flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread