Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
So if I'm reading you right, your saying that wide open o 16 is just a tad more airy or at least as airy as the manta? I may decide to give one a shot.

To me the O-16 with it's largest air hole per coil wide open is a tad more airy than the Manta V2 is with just one air hole per coil wide open. Maybe by design... an easier air path in the open O-16 chamber verses the channeled air path in a Manta that can also get clogged some by over squonked joose before it drains. That is how I perceive them with my LDLH's. What you'll perceive may differ.

As for leaking, my experience with them differs from Papa's. I get none from the O-16's air intake holes at all, but do get weeping from the Manta's. Another by design difference maybe. With the Manta's high intakes the weeping is from condensed joose because of my LDLH's. Joose does collect on the top of the AFC between it and the locking cap, eventually comes out the locking caps slots. MTL probably wouldn't see it, DLH maybe not either, but with my very long hits the Manta weeps joose and the O-16 does not. Also may have something to do with my builds. I build large form coils and use a lot of Scottish rolled wick up off the deck (except for the very end of the tails) that holds a lot of joose for my LDLH's. They get huge vapor for the mid sub ohm builds in them that probably also condenses more joose.

All I can think of in the mix offhand. Whether you try an O-16 or not is your choice alone... I well remember the Nuppin' didn't work for you when they work very well for me. Different vaping/build styles.

Mad_Squirrell

Nov 22, 2015
Cleveland,Tn
Robs got some derringer clones. Put some 26 Ga duals in there ...maybe 6 wraps on a 2.5 mm bit and hold on for dear life.
I agree with the Derringer but I have found that the Derringer is a bit hot with dual coils but works great with a single coil. 5 full wraps of 26GA Kanthal on that little screwdriver with the wraps slightly spaced(macro coil)@ 0.5-0.6 ohms will get you that Kanger tech flavor and temp your looking for . The key is air flow you need an atty with more of it and the derringer would fit that bill.

Reactions: zero7starz

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Does anyone know how a derringer compares to a kanger sub tank on mid airflow? That's my baseline right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in terms of air flow, the derringer easily has the range of a subtank, so you should be able to dial in your preferred air setting. It's serviceable as a MTL atty and can open up quite a bit. Not many folks complain about the Derri in terms of air.

As for flavour, it's "quite" to "very" good, especially for a 22mm atty.

Note that you can build many different stye setups in these RDA's, and the Derri allows everything from tootle puffing single coils to beefy fat wire duals, and that will have a tremendous effect on the characteristics of the vape.

Reactions: fishwater

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I'm reviving this. Forget what else I said. I want my reo to mimic a sub tank. Was thinking, the derringer still?

I tried drilling out my rm2. It was better, but not quite enough.

From the other replies, I'm thinking the derringer is the way to go. With like what tho? I was doing one single coil, 28g twisted, at about .80 ohms. Since my mishap I've been using a sub tank and the .50ohm ooc coils and they've been great but I miss my dang reo.

So like, do I need one .50ohm coil of some variation of wire, or do I need two coils of other variety?

I could do one more step on my rm2 with a .50ohm coil and see i guess.

Idk. Also. If y'all have a good suggestion on a coil jig, I'm ready to make that investment to get use of my reo again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread