Need recipe help...mixing different strength liquids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Okay, I've just ordered 24mg Virginia from MVS. Even though folks said some other suppliers flavors might be stronger, they had the cartridges I need and I know and trust MVS...super fast shipping, excellent service.

So I have 36mg unflavored here that doesn't cut it for making menthol juice, it's just too menthol-y with no tobacco taste which is why I ordered the Virginia. I usually use the CreateYourOwn spreadsheet I got off the forum here but I'm at a loss since I'll be mixing 36mg, 24mg, PG and VG and I want to end up with a 9-12mg result. I'm thinking cutting it to 9 may end up with too little tobacco flavor (it doesn't come in 36).

So how do I mix 36, 24, pg and vg to get around a 12mg? I could just cut the 24mg Virginia by 50% but I have a whole bottle of the 36mg unflavored here, hate to just pitch it....

Math's obviously not my forte....

P.S....I usually stick to around 20% VG since I don't care for the taste of it.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Use v4 in the sticky...
Here is the latest version ejuice_calculatorV4
It calculates two different stregnths...

Dan

I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I can't figure out how to use that in a way that will keep me from losing all the flavor from the juice.I need to figure out how to mix 24mg tobacco flavored juice with 36mg unflavored, PG and VG and not lose all the taste.

On the bottom of this calculator, I have to plug in how much of each mg juice I'm mixing and it will tell me the resulting mg. That's the problem, I don't know how much I'm mixing. If I mix equal amounts, I'm cutting the taste in half, then cutting the taste probably in half again when I mix in the PG/VG....That's going to leave me with pretty much no flavor.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I can't figure out how to use that in a way that will keep me from losing all the flavor from the juice.I need to figure out how to mix 24mg tobacco flavored juice with 36mg unflavored, PG and VG and not lose all the taste.

On the bottom of this calculator, I have to plug in how much of each mg juice I'm mixing and it will tell me the resulting mg. That's the problem, I don't know how much I'm mixing. If I mix equal amounts, I'm cutting the taste in half, then cutting the taste probably in half again when I mix in the PG/VG....That's going to leave me with pretty much no flavor.

Then you will have to use the drop method to find the ratio that still has flavor. ie 10 drops flavor and 5 drops unflavored. Still has taste = 10ml flavor to 5ml unflavored. Then plug it into the calculator and it will tell you the mg%

Is that what you are after? treat each drop as a ml and you can figure out the ratio then the mg strength.
Dan

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Then you will have to use the drop method to find the ratio that still has flavor. ie 10 drops flavor and 5 drops unflavored. Still has taste = 10ml flavor to 5ml unflavored. Then plug it into the calculator and it will tell you the mg%

Is that what you are after? treat each drop as a ml and you can figure out the ratio then the mg strength.
Dan

Could very possibly be more aggravation than it's worth....as I'd still have to add the PG and VG into the mix. Might just dump the unflavored and take it as a lesson learned. :oops:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Could very possibly be more aggravation than it's worth....as I'd still have to add the PG and VG into the mix. Might just dump the unflavored and take it as a lesson learned. :oops:

The problem is that if you are moving down from 24mg to 12mg then you will you will have to find a mg strength that when mixed with your total ml of premix will make it 12mg. The problem is that with just straight PG/VG you are still stuck with a 1:1 ratio to get 12mg. The more mg you add of the the unflavored mix the more you will end up diluting the premix.
If you were going to 18mg then you would use less PG/VG and the flavor would still be there.
Dan

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
The problem is that if you are moving down from 24mg to 12mg then you will you will have to find a mg strength that when mixed with your total ml of premix will make it 12mg. The problem is that with just straight PG/VG you are still stuck with a 1:1 ratio to get 12mg. The more mg you add of the the unflavored mix the more you will end up diluting the premix.
If you were going to 18mg then you would use less PG/VG and the flavor would still be there.
Dan

Like I said, could be more trouble than it's worth. :)

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com

Don't dump it! Sell or trade it on the trading forum. I'll take it. Save it in the frig until you are comfortable making your own flavors with Lorann's flavorings. Don't throw that money away!

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread