need some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Hi,i'm on my first builds on the subtank mini rba. Made a parallel 28g 0.5 ohms coil. Vaped some custard and then some flavourless pg/vg. No spitting and stuff, best vape so far for me. Noticed my wick doesn't colour equally on both sides. Is this normal? Coil burned from inside very nicely.
Thanks.
WP_20150430_010.jpg

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Its my theory :). Some I don't notice any difference on. Its mostly single coil tanks where the coil is centered that I see it on. I just rebuilt my Aqua v2, and both wicks, and both sides of each wick were about the same. I also just rewicked my Flash e vs, which is single coil, and one side was darker as usual.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
This equation describes gracefully what is happening to your coil.
bN6ohRM.jpg

No it doesn't, I lied. It models the relationship between jam jar lids and the amount of lint that collects in your belly button on a Thursday afternoon, just before teatime.
I think i'll go back to stinkies,so much easier. Pay,roll,light. Nice meeting you all guys. Be safe.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually I think it might be a sign of a "hot leg" -- I noticed mine was extremely one-sided today when I re-wicked, and that side of the coil was completely black too -- when I dry burned it, that leg got very red. After I scraped some black gunk off it and rinsed/dry-burned again, it started firing equally, from middle out to the sides.

Andria

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Actually I think it might be a sign of a "hot leg" -- I noticed mine was extremely one-sided today when I re-wicked, and that side of the coil was completely black too -- when I dry burned it, that leg got very red. After I scraped some black gunk off it and rinsed/dry-burned again, it started firing equally, from middle out to the sides.

Andria
No hot legs when i dry fired it. will check again to see if it moved on wicking but very unlikely.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No hot legs when i dry fired it. will check again to see if it moved on wicking but very unlikely.

You didn't say what you're using for wicking -- I'm just using organic cotton, the regular stuff from cotton balls, and I notice it's got all these little "pills" in it, just little blobs of cotton -- I think those might have something to do with it.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread