Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The Ego kits from Liberty Flights are a great inexpensive kit for those wanting to "test the waters" in e-cig use....I have given them out to "smokers" who want to quit, and have had only good comments about their introduction to vaping.....just my 2-cents.....oh, by the way, i've been buying from Liberty Flights for over a year now......

7less7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Just curious, you mentioned that your an old member, and it looks like you have 490 posts or so...have you never vaped before? If you have what happened?
Hey Guys.. I have been a member of this board awhile.. And lost touch with the whole E-cig idea.. For some reason i always was paranoid about using them. Not sure why. . But I want to give it another try.. in combination with snus and hope that is enough to kick the cigarette addiction..

I have been out of the loop for awhile.. I am not sure what the best stuff is, its a little overwhelming for me. I just wanted your opinions about what your favorite model is right now.. I don't mean expensive mods, but something that isn't too expensive.. I am thinking the EGO is the safest bet.. But do you guys know of any cigarette-like models that perform very well now for their size? Or your favorite cigarette looking device? are Carto's the way to go? If so which ones do you like..

Most important question I have is.. What suppliers do you guys recommend in terms of quality and price? I am looking for the best deal because I am pretty broke right now lol. I am in the USA. And where do you buy your juice from? I would be interested in getting the safest juice or the best quality juice with the lowest risks of contamination or getting a nicotine overdose lol. Sorry for all the questions.. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated because it will take me 3 weeks to look through everything from scratch.

Best Regards,

Paul

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Thanks for the juice recommendations,, have to check these companies out. To answer the question about me.

Yes I have used an e-cig before, I was using 901's and 510's at the time, but I never really gave the e-cig a fair shake. I was hearing things about the unknowns of the juice and people complaining about side effects in the health thread and people i knew in person were saying since they started ecigs they had trouble breathing.. I guess the unknowns concerned me and i went back to smoking foolishly.

Does janty have any coupon codes?

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I ADORE my joye ego. Been at it for about a year and a half now. I've used Boge softtop cartos 510 (both standard and low resistance) very happily all that time. That's a very quick easy inexpensive way to go, at least till you figure out what you want over long haul. They're easy to refill, no maintenance whatsoever. SIMPLE effective choice. I'm trying some new clearomizer type tank cartos, though, because I've heard good things about them, but its my understanding that they require a LOT more maintenance, so might not be good for a beginner or if you don't have much extra money if you kill em somehow and need to replace frequently. But again, that's just what Ive read...i've not tried em yet. As for cheap... If you're making a big order, stocking up on kit, components, cartos and the whole nine, might be worth going to Health Cabin. They're in china, so shipping is rough, but when you're ordering a lot its worth it since the prices are SO much lower than other places. I know they were having a BIG halloween sale, but not sure if it ended yesterday or not. Just to give you an idea... 5 pack of boge cartos runs anywhere from $6-8 most places...they sell em for $4.50. So yeah, you'll pay a lot of shipping, but if you're ordering a lot you still save bigtime. I just got referred to a local place that sells Boge 3 5packs for $20, which is great if you decide to go that way. They have good prices on the dual coil also. Don't remember them off tip of tongue, but if you decide you want to go that way pm me and I'll hunt it up for ya. They also give free driptip with cartos, which is nice.

As for juices, I've spent a LOT of money on a lot of juices from different vendors in that year and a half, and i'd give a few teeth to have it back so i could buy more juice from this new vendor I just found recently. There's NO comparison in taste/vapor/consistency to anything else i've tried. She's getting an enormous following, because people try her stuff and are immediate converts! lol Plus they're all organic, which is great for health. They don't taste flavored, they taste like the actual food. Too cool. Anyway, that's Virgin Vapor, so I can strongly recommend them. This is the link to my fave flavor, but she has a bunch to choose from. I've tried 7 so far, and they're all flat out outstanding. There's a coupon code floating around somewhere with a coupon for a free sample bottle with your first order. I can find that for you if you'd like it, also. Oh, another nice thing is that she offers a sample pack of 3 flavors for $11.99, and you can PICK your own flavors!

Organic Blueberry Cheesecake E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

PS... the difficulty breathing thing? That's a reaction some people have to PG in juice. That's another reason I started getting juices at VV...they're 100% organic, flavorings and all, and her stuff comes in 100% VG unless you request different. I feel MUCH better on her juices and I've been using them only 3 days! But if you have questions about safety of ejuice, I highly suggest you go organic. ;)

Here's the thread for Virgin Vapors, with coupon codes, and you can see what other people think of juices...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...gin-vapor-organically-flavored-e-liquids.html

Here's the link for the US supplier with the good deal on cartos. Not quite as cheap as health cabin, but no killer shipping, either...
http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/15-Carto-Deals_c_26.html

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh hey, just remembered something! I just found in the Steals and Deals thread a deal from

Majic Vapor Electronic Cigarettes - Majic Vapor Electronic Cigarettes

Now I'd never ordered from them before, but they're having this special (check specials page, cause there's a 10% discount and a free bottle of juice as well) where they DOUBLE SHIP everything you order. So I ordered a Joye Ego kit (they might be knockoffs, but they look pretty good) and a bottle of juice. They're sending me TWO eGo kits, and TWO bottles of juice, all for $50! So, if you have a buddy who's interested in trying vaping as well, you could split the cost and each get a $50 starter kit for $25. Just thought I'd mention that, since i know getting started can be es'pensive. Dont' know for sure if its still going, but i got em just a few days ago. ;)

7less7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Well I am glad your "back" because in my humble opinion I believe that vaping is FAR better than any ciggarete. I have noticed so many improments in my health, also they experience is far better! I love to vape!
Thanks for the juice recommendations,, have to check these companies out. To answer the question about me.

Yes I have used an e-cig before, I was using 901's and 510's at the time, but I never really gave the e-cig a fair shake. I was hearing things about the unknowns of the juice and people complaining about side effects in the health thread and people i knew in person were saying since they started ecigs they had trouble breathing.. I guess the unknowns concerned me and i went back to smoking foolishly.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA

Here's the Coupon Code Master List, which some kind soul keeps up for us. Whenever I'm getting anything, I always check this and google 'store name, coupon code'.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/146219-coupon-code-master-list.html

BTW, I think health cabin has 2 coupons that arent on that list. I googled em, so if these don't work, just double check coupon code sites. I think its ECF05 for 5% off under $100 order, and ECF08 for 8% off order over $100.

OJsakila

Oct 11, 2011
Savannah, GA
I went the "cheap AND local" route. I am using the Mistic e cig, (pv), that I physically purchased at a local Pilot gas station to quit analogs. I have not smoked an analog in over 3 weeks.

For under $40 I have 3 batteries, a usb charger, and 9 pre-filled cartos. Great th and tons of vapor... I used to smoke a pack and a half a day and "they" say each carto is a pack yet I'm getting almost 3 days on each carto. Also, each battery seems to be lasting the same length. lol...I know that sounds crazy but it's the truth. I have like $37 dollars invested in this thing and it's been 3 weeks..lol..thats almost a $100 in 3 weeks that I've saved!!! I swear it's true! You can check this thing out if you want a SOLID and DEPENDABLE entry-level pv Mistic eCigs, Electronic Cigarettes

The only thing is it looks like an analog. I hate that. I dont want the "public" to think I'm smoking....So, I created a "mod" of sorts and took apart a Cross pen and made this so I can go stealth.

photo4-2.jpg

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I went the "cheap AND local" route. I am using the Mistic e cig, (pv), that I physically purchased at a local Pilot gas station to quit analogs. I have not smoked an analog in over 3 weeks.

For under $40 I have 3 batteries, a usb charger, and 9 pre-filled cartos. Great th and tons of vapor... I used to smoke a pack and a half a day and "they" say each carto is a pack yet I'm getting almost 3 days on each carto. Also, each battery seems to be lasting the same length. lol...I know that sounds crazy but it's the truth. I have like $37 dollars invested in this thing and it's been 3 weeks..lol..thats almost a $100 in 3 weeks that I've saved!!! I swear it's true! You can check this thing out if you want a SOLID and DEPENDABLE entry-level pv Mistic eCigs, Electronic Cigarettes]

That can be a fabulous way to start, for sure. And LOVE your mod! I started on something very similar called a 'firelight'. My only caution would be that for me and a bunch of others I've seen around here, a unit with an automatic battery (ie: little opening between your carto and the battery, so it doesn't require you to touch a button when you 'hit' the unit) can tend to be very expensive over the long haul, though they are often cheaper to buy initially. The reason is exactly what you mentioned, that the batteries die in a few days or a week. Its inevitable, tiny bits of juice work their way into battery and it fries eventually. For me, my firelight batteries cost about $10 each to replace, and I was replacing about 3 a month. I used that for a year, so you can imagine how much an extra $30 a month adds up. NOT at all trying to disparage your system... it looks cool as heck and its working for you, and that's the important thing! Just wanted to toss out a warning so if you realize you're replacing batteries left and right, you might want to consider another unit with a closed battery. To give comparison, I've had my joye eGo for over a year and a half, and I'm still using the 2 batteries that came with the kit, and the passthrough battery (plugs into usb so you can vape while charging) that I bought at the same time. I've not had to replace a single battery. That's because there is no hole from where the carto/atty screws into the battery, so its impossible for juice to get in there. I'm only mentioning it because i wish someone had explained the difference to me before I spent $400 on replacement batteries for an automatic battery unit. I could have bought two of the highest caliber pv's for that same money, and I've been kicking myself since i realized I didn't have to replace batteries constantly with a manual. ;) But again, if its working for you, and not costing you a fortune, then you're using whats best for you, and thats a good thing! BTW, that whole pen mod is cute! Sly vaper! rofl

OJsakila

Oct 11, 2011
Savannah, GA
No, I was saying that the batteries are lasting almost 3 days before needing a charge. I know that cheap pvs are mostly crap but this one seems to be the exception, that's all. And for just trying to quit analogs, it's perfect. Maybe not so for those wanting to start a new hobby or something... but they DO seem to be backed by customer service nicley..

Last edited:

CallTheMouse

Sep 30, 2011
USA
No, I was saying that the batteries are lasting almost 3 days before needing a charge. I know that cheap pvs are mostly crap but this one seems to be the exception, that's all. And for just trying to quit analogs, it's perfect. Maybe not so for those wanting to start a new hobby or something... but they DO seem to be backed by customer service nicley..

I saw your post a couple weeks ago. The Mistic intrigued me. I was already vaping since September but both the price and what you said the longevity was looked.good. Lo and behold CT was hit with a major snow storm. We have been out of power since Saturday. My battery backup system finally died last night and I was left with no power for my ecig. At 2 am, I was off to the truck stop to pick up a Mistic. I have to be honest, I was impressed. Vapor production and flavor lasted right up to 7 pm tonight when the battery indicated to charge it, and that was puffing away most of the day. I now have a generator for power, and it looks we may be out for possibly 3 weeks. I was determined not to grab an anolog that I could have picked up down the street 10 minutes away and I took a 30 minute trip for the Mistic single carto battery setup to get me through the ruff spot. Also the cartos are refillable. The caps come off very easy. They are not glued like many inexpesive ecigs are.That was the first thing I checked when I got home.

Last edited:

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
thanks guys! You are all very helpful and informative.. It is overwhelming with all the options I must say.. I think I will try orachel 's recommendation.. They sold that one lol.. I like the idea of the sampler pack too.. what do I have to lose.. if i keep looking at sites and options I am going to go crazy.. So im gonna try that one I think for now.. Thank you

Edit: uh.. They have no tobacco flavors. :-\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread