Need some help : itaste VTR and protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassplayer1

Feb 24, 2014
Manchester ct
I just received my itaste VTR and my protank isn't working with it. It screws down and fits fine but when I push the button to read the atomizer it says non like there's nothing connected. The Iclear it came with works fine. I love my Protank though and everyone else gets them to work. The protank is fine on my MVP and Vamo. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
When it's screwed down completely, is it loose? Does it wobble in the thread?

Take a look at the bottom of your Protank and see how far the center post sticks out. Then look at your other tanks and see if they're ~ even with the protank. My theory is that the Protank is slightly more recessed than the others, or the center pin on your VTR is depressed slightly.

I don't have specific knowledge of the VTR, but this has happened to me. You've got 2 options: Since you just got it, you could run an RMA, contact your vendor and ask for an exchange because it's not working, or for them to look at it. It'll probably take a week or two.

The other option is that you could take a small screwdriver or knife and gently try to pry the center post up so that it'll make contact. The center post on the device is just sort of floating with a gasket around it, so it'll move if you give it a little pressure.
Take your blade/screwdriver and gently work your way around, prying up, gently. Gently. You only need to move it a few millimeters. After you go around once, screw it back in and check it again.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I've had an issue with some heads on the protank. If you have a 510 to 510 adapter try using it. May also be that the head is not screwed down tight. One other last ditch thing to do is to file off some of the threads on the base of the protank base 510 screw. Just a little. Make sure to remove the head if you do that. But try another head and the adapter first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread