Need some help with prOn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
The first 2 are cute. Thanks guys!

But I adore that 3rd design, Mike!!! Do you mind posting the graphics so I can copy and send it on to Jeff?

I already sent him the other graphics, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I changed the design I sent him. I only ordered 4 days ago, and so I have quite the wait yet.

Great design Mike! :thumb:

Debbie

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Teek-4.jpg

Just give him the original images and the mock-up showing the layout you like. He does this sorta thing for a living so his will turn out MUCH better than mine.

Last edited:

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Mike do you have a PSD Saved for the way your overlaying on those Chucks you could share so I can play with some designs? Or are you using another program than Photoshop?

I do (sort of)....

First one I did I took the base image from Thagbuilt and then just using additional layers mocked it up. What I've found is that I tend to just add more and more layers and really only end up using the original for the endcaps & button (the texture and highlights on them would be time consuming to fake so I just tweak the hue/saturation of them or do a color overlay). The psd file that I just did the dog in has ~40 layers b/c it's got layers for others (smokey man, eyes, lady, Chuck family, Chiana, Baroness, Distrurbed, and a few others not publicly posted per request). The file is an absolute mess b/c I try not to spend more than a few minutes on each one (I do have work I'm supposed to do! Damn boss is an idiot! Ah, the joys of being self employeed and SLOW!)

If you want me to clean up the file and send it to you I will, but I don't think I can post a psd file here? If I can, someone please tell me how!

Do you need a Photoshop Chuck tutorial or are you comfortable with PS? I wrote up a pm to someone else outlining the normal steps I take and I could send it to you or post it here if it'd help.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
LOL. I like the Baroness if your fuzzy hand. How's it look in person? Tell me, is the image painted on or more like a decal with clearcoat over it?

It's a decal with clearcoat. It's by no means cheap looking though, it blends nicely in real life. The copper pinup nurse probably wasn't the best decision on my part as he had to painstakingly cut around all of the details, he did a meticulous job, and it looks pretty sharp.

I'm not sure how he feels about it, but it seems that if a person takes his process into account, you can make it work at an advantage and ease some tedium on his part.

I'd be curious to see how some of the full wrap ones look up close. But at the same time, it's a shame to not take advantage of his paint-jobs. It looks and feels even more durable than the paint job on a high dollar sports car.

I think I can do better in choosing decal/color combos in the future (like the pinup, not so much Baroness) but I have no regrets whatsoever.

EDIT: And my hand is naturally fuzzy... has nothing to do with the Baronesses hawtness.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
A couple of the images I've seen made me think it was a decal. It makes wonder though if the finished product wouldn't look best as a full wrap. He could print the image and the base color all on at full wrap size and then clearcoat it. That way there'd be no thickness issues, it'd all have the decal (including the base color). The clearcoat gives it the protection and gloss so that'd still be consistent. Only downside I see to this would be the printing limitations for certain base colors (like metalic flake) and of course the one seam running top to bottom. I'd still think the one seam would be easier to align and less noticable (not only visibly, but especially texturally).

Hmmmm, wonder what he'd say about this. There's probably some cons I'm not thinking of. Oh well, his current method is selling like hotcakes so maybe it's best to leave well enough alone!

Oh, and it'd be pretty easy to add an "outter glow" to an image as a border (could even be done base color if desired). I've gotta stop thinking about Chuck stuff and do something productive!!!

lilolmedn

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
Yah I'll shoot you my e-mail over PM for the PSD thats all I need =) I'm pretty good with photoshop.. just didn't want to have to go through the process of making my own if it's already out there.. I appreciate your hard work though!!!!!

I do (sort of)....

First one I did I took the base image from Thagbuilt and then just using additional layers mocked it up. What I've found is that I tend to just add more and more layers and really only end up using the original for the endcaps & button (the texture and highlights on them would be time consuming to fake so I just tweak the hue/saturation of them or do a color overlay). The psd file that I just did the dog in has ~40 layers b/c it's got layers for others (smokey man, eyes, lady, Chuck family, Chiana, Baroness, Distrurbed, and a few others not publicly posted per request). The file is an absolute mess b/c I try not to spend more than a few minutes on each one (I do have work I'm supposed to do! Damn boss is an idiot! Ah, the joys of being self employeed and SLOW!)

If you want me to clean up the file and send it to you I will, but I don't think I can post a psd file here? If I can, someone please tell me how!

Do you need a Photoshop Chuck tutorial or are you comfortable with PS? I wrote up a pm to someone else outlining the normal steps I take and I could send it to you or post it here if it'd help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread