Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonking

Mar 1, 2021
Hey there everyone. Vaper from KZN south africa. I have a smok alien, had it for quite some time now, that's been giving me a no coil error message for the entire day. Put in a new coil, cleaned the whole thing up but didn't change a thing. Does anyone know where I can get it fixed? Took it to my vape shop but the guy said that just happens. It has sentimental value and I don't just want to get a new one.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have a smok alien, had it for quite some time now, that's been giving me a no coil error message for the entire day. Put in a new coil, cleaned the whole thing up but didn't change a thing. Does anyone know where I can get it fixed? Took it to my vape shop but the guy said that just happens. It has sentimental value and I don't just want to get a new one.

These things have a finite lifespan.
    You won't likely get it fixed (not professionally anyhow).

All you can do is...
    - Clean the 510 really good. Really good.
    - Clean the battery contacts really good.
    - Blow into the USB port to clear out any dirt/debris out. Canned air would be best for this.

If all fails, then you are out of luck. You'll just have to get a new mod.

Last resort: if you can identify that it is the 510 that is bad, and you know someone who is good with soldering and electronics, you could buy a 510 connector and have that person install a new one. It may look different because the 510 connector you buy may not be a identical in look and size, but at least you can fix your mod. The 510 connector you buy will likely have to sit on top of your mod (see pic for example) instead of being flush mounted. Realize that you have to open your mod first to see which 510 be a best fit (if any) and read reviews well before you make a purchase.

1fv3P0C.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hey there
    Welcome and glad you joined.

Vaper from KZN south africa.
    Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city-state & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Hello Andersonking and welcome to ECF.

You received some really good info from others.

Consider grabbing a spare device next time. You can't go wrong with having a backup mod or two or more.

Many here own backups to backup their backups. And then some. :D

Good luck.
    Multiples. I'm an old man, and that makes it easier for me, won't live forever. Still, I have hardware that will last well beyond my expected lifespan. I can't imagine how I would view this situation if I had 50-years ahead of me. Even though I don't, I've probably got the gear to last that long, LOL.

Okay, 50 years might be a bit of an exaggeration.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Multiples. I'm an old man, and that makes it easier for me, won't live forever. Still, I have hardware that will last well beyond my expected lifespan. I can't imagine how I would view this situation if I had 50-years ahead of me. Even though I don't, I've probably got the gear to last that long, LOL.

Okay, 50 years might be a bit of an exaggeration.
    I'm with you 100%, totally agree. And I'm set as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread