Status
Not open for further replies.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
So, can you add menthol to any juice? Sorry for the dumb questions but I am trying to help my wife out and am new to menthol...thanx for all of your replys...thats why I love this forum!

Yes, exactly. It is cheap and powerful. Use about 1 drop per ml of juice. Blue Mist has it; I use avejuice Menthol Drops

srcowell

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Kansas City, KS
So, can you add menthol to any juice? Sorry for the dumb questions but I am trying to help my wife out and am new to menthol...thanx for all of your replys...thats why I love this forum!

One teaspoon of crushed menthol crystals dissolved in a half pint of pure grain alcohol (like Everclear) will provide very strong menthol with just a few drops added to any tobacco juice. And it will last you for YEARS!

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
OP...as you can see, you have gotten many different answers on what the best menthol
is. But as with all juices....the end result for the "best" menthol, will be what your wife
decides after she has tasted it herself. Our taste buds are so different for each one of
us. I was a 35 yr menthol smoker myself and I have tried over 15 different menthols from
different vendors....and they all were DIFFERENT. Some I like, some I didn't and there are
some that I gave away. Even when I read reviews here about the "best menthol" ever !!..
well not so great for me.
So my advice is to buy several menthols from several vendors, all small botttles and let her
try them.
I found out for myself...the menthols are too minty for me and have very little tobacco
flavor. I did mix the menthols and tobacco flavors together and had a better blend.
Many menthols smokers have settled into using a juice with a cinnamon flavor and this
helps in our quest for the good menthol flavor.
I now use Puresmokers...Fire and Ice. It's a menthol and cinnamon mix. By itself, way
too much...but mixed 50/50 with a tobacco flavor and it's near perfect....for me.
Getting my PV was the easy part....perfect juice not so easy.
But it has been fun and I love vaping so much, that a few trial and errors are well worth it!.

Good Luck and Happy Vaping to you both!

SSG Chuck

Dec 6, 2010
BROOKLYN
TexasGranny is right on the money. Everyone likes different things. Your best bet is to sample a few and see what she likes. A new company that's out there that people seem to be going bonkers over is Kick Bass Vapor (Kick Bass Vapor). I ordered their stuff and it was great, but i did not try their menthol. They have something called Vape Placid i think. It got a good review as a good menthol taste.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

I know that with freedom smoke USA they will add a splash of menthol to any of their flavors for free if you ask in the comments section of your order.

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
OP...as you can see, you have gotten many different answers on what the best menthol
is. But as with all juices....the end result for the "best" menthol, will be what your wife
decides after she has tasted it herself. Our taste buds are so different for each one of
us. I was a 35 yr menthol smoker myself and I have tried over 15 different menthols from
different vendors....and they all were DIFFERENT. Some I like, some I didn't and there are
some that I gave away. Even when I read reviews here about the "best menthol" ever !!..
well not so great for me.
So my advice is to buy several menthols from several vendors, all small botttles and let her
try them.
I found out for myself...the menthols are too minty for me and have very little tobacco
flavor. I did mix the menthols and tobacco flavors together and had a better blend.
Many menthols smokers have settled into using a juice with a cinnamon flavor and this
helps in our quest for the good menthol flavor.
I now use Puresmokers...Fire and Ice. It's a menthol and cinnamon mix. By itself, way
too much...but mixed 50/50 with a tobacco flavor and it's near perfect....for me.
Getting my PV was the easy part....perfect juice not so easy.
But it has been fun and I love vaping so much, that a few trial and errors are well worth it!.

Good Luck and Happy Vaping to you both!

I understand and agree with what you are saying....I'm just not menthol savy, so to speak. I have read every reply and learned alot about what choices I have and liquids to try. I almost feel like I know something now..LOL

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
TexasGranny is right on the money. Everyone likes different things. Your best bet is to sample a few and see what she likes. A new company that's out there that people seem to be going bonkers over is Kick Bass Vapor (Kick Bass Vapor). I ordered their stuff and it was great, but i did not try their menthol. They have something called Vape Placid i think. It got a good review as a good menthol taste.

I just may try them...along with 4 or 5 other ones..lol...thank you

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I was a 35 year menthol smoker 2PPD. I tried every menthol available and none satisfied me. I found 555...a tobacco blend was my quit ticket. Sometimes, as I counsel people to assist with e-cigs, I find menthol smokers are seeking a different flavor hit and not necessarily a menthol one. many choose a tobacco base and a bit of mint or menthol. There are far many choices out compared to my quit date of 2008 but both myself and my sister were happy with the menthol like hit we got from a high PG blend of 555. Just another 2 cents.

tabithad

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Maine
I too am new to this vaping thing and loving it !!

I have been mixing two different flavors and getting a almost identical to a menthol cigarette taste out of it.

24mg Luxury blend from Liberty-Flights.com
24mg High Caliber Icy Menthol from LiteCigusa.net

mix the two juices 50/50 and it's just like a Camel Menthol cigarette, which I used to smoke occasionally.

Hope this helps :)

I've made my own with menthol crystals and it's just not "right", but I just got a bottle of Newport juice 24mg/ml 100% VG from myfreedomsmokes.com, I've been vaping it all day and really like it, it's almost like a Newport, but now I'm detecting a slight piney note. Overall, for the price and quality, I'm really happy. However like someone else here said, it's a personal preference thing, I smoked Newport box and could tell the difference between the taste of softpack and 100s. Kools were too harsh for me, and Salems tasted like swamp grass.

SinsChampion

Mar 23, 2010
Sacramento
Menthol is tricky to get right, but I'm a big fan of strictlyejuice.com's mentol flavors - the x2 menthol freeze is amazingly potent (until I got used to it, I had to cut it with a lighter tasting flavor), and they have a more than a few menthol mixes (watermelon menthol is my current fave of the bunch). It really is a matter of preference, though - do what I did and try 'em all until you find the one you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread