• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need some opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup3rm2n

Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Singapore
I am not too sure of how the voltage will affect the experience of vaping, but I am still trying to find a good cart or tank for 510 batteries.

I have tried the normal cart that uses this cotton-like fibre to store the juice, which I found that leak-proof and needed least maintaining, best of all it doesn't get juice into my mouth. However the downside of this type of cart is that the vapor is not thick and a lot and the taste isn't too strong.

Next I tried the clearomizer, the type of clear see through cart, it provides thick, and strong flavored vapes, but it cracks easily and which sometimes leaks juices into my mouth when I vape.

I am currently thinking if I should get the ego-T type of carto that uses 1ml cartridges.

fudgeball

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Somewhere, out there
Hey Lonely^Driver, is the difference noticeable? If its not quite, I guess I'll just stick with my current eGos. Have not tried an Echo before. What's your opinion on them?

sup3rm2n: IMO, I'll say totally scrape the eGo-T type carto and go straight into Kanger Horizonal Coils. They are the best cartos, to me :) Which 510 battery are you using though?

Lonely^Driver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Singapore
Hey Lonely^Driver, is the difference noticeable? If its not quite, I guess I'll just stick with my current eGos. Have not tried an Echo before. What's your opinion on them?

Well, When I'm using low resistance dual coil cartomizers on the VV Ego and a normal Ego (not recommended as LR DC may shorten the lifespan of the batteries). At 4.2v the vapour is warmer, richer and flavour really comes out.

However when I'm using the Echo-E cartomizers, the only difference I notice is the slightly warmer vapour that's all. I think it boils down to the type of atomizer/cartomizer that you are using for the battery.

If you feel your Ego is enough to satisfy you with your current atomizer/cartomizer, then save your $$$. No need for the VV as the voltage difference is not really that big increase in performance.
If you feel your Ego is Not enough to satisfy your daily carry around PV, maybe you can consider getting 1 of the VV battery to carry around.

**But in actual fact, if you feel that your Ego cannot satisfy your needs, I doubt the VV will do the job. <--- This is my view of it. 3.7v and 4.2v is not that big difference in voltage anyway.

Muramasa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
I have a eGo and Oslo the vv eGo T. Like the other fellow vaper says, it's not a very big difference but I do find more vapor from my vv ego t with the echo carto. Am getting my hands on a 1.5ohm dual coil carto. When it's here, I'll try out and let u guys know the diff. Unsure of the brand yet so yuh. Hehe

Also dreaming for Provari/ggts got the funds but dun have the heart for the risk of confiscation :(

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
r3kka... you know there's something called a 'lava tube' coming out this week in the states (been out for a few weeks overseas, I believe) which they're referring to as a 'poorvari'? Its not quite as attractive as a provari, and I'm sure the higher end model has much to recommend, but at $99 for the whole lava tube kit including VV mod (I think it goes up to 6v?) and batteries, charger, case, whole shebang, its a bit of a smaller risk of confiscation for you. They're only available in the basic black right now, but in next few weeks both red and chrome options will be available.

I didn't even know there was such a creature as a VV riva/ego until a friend of mine mentioned she was using one. I'm trying my hands at VV vaping with one of those really unattractive VV box mods (super cheap way to give higher voltages a try, and goes from mid 2volts to 6v, I believe) just so I can decide if I want to invest in something really fabulous like the VV Darwin, or if I'm more suited to a 5v GLV2. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and see what you guys thought of the VV riva/ego. Thanks so much for the input!

BTW, someone asked about good carto options for 510? I'm rather devoted to my Boge's at 2.0 or 3.0, but I've heard great things about the resurrectors, which i think are about 1.7? They're ultra LR. Also, found these fun tank mods at madvapes or parkes vaping (I think they range from $8-$12), which are snazzy since they hold a ton of juice, about 4-5ml, and you can reuse them with new cartos. There are ones designed for boges, ones for resurrector/smoktech...pretty much a wide variety of 510 cartos. Here's the madvapes ones if you want a peek...
Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer

Oh also, someone mentioned 6v vaping was too es'pensive. I just stumbled across these rather attractive 'shine' and 'diamond' mods at parkesvaping for a whopping $25. I think they're designed to be 3.7v, but a ton of people are using them to vape at 6v. I don't know if they're stacking batts, or what, or how dangerous or everyday that would be, but figured I'd mention it in case anyone was dying to vape high voltage but didn't want to spend a fortune.
They're NOT VV, they're just configured to 3.7 or 6v from what I've heard. But people are saying really great things about em in the parkes vaping thread. Here's the site..
http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=65

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread