Need your opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayK

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
VA
yep. a friend of mine was trying to tell me about stepping. He bought some "High End" stuff that some people here seem to love (Brand withheld since it is irrelevant). He did not like it at first. When I was over there he pulled out a few that had been steeping a while and we tried them all. I told them they all "taste like ..." to me. He said they were "a bit better" But he put them back to sit a while longer in the hopes that something would change. I would have given that stuff away here myself.

In all fairness, it's me (the friend). For custom made orders, steeping may help. Taste is subjective and some of the flavors one person likes, another will/may not. When you get a custom made order that's mixed at the time of order, my experience has been that you can vape it immediately, but for the most part, it needs time to sit. I throw my stuff in the cabinet for a week, taking it out daily and shaking it. Some liquids (depending on chemistry) will change color/smell/flavor over time. With that being said, I had some juices that had a really pungent taste/smell while vaping, similar to a perfume taste/smell. I put them in the cabinet for a week and tried them again. The taste/smell was still there, but greatly reduced. The remaining flavor was the same, but what made the juice unvapeable was the perfume taste/smell. This wasn't just one bottle from a vendor with this characteristic, this was apparent in about 10 of their flavors.

By comparison, stuff like Dekang/etc that isn't made to order or coming from overseas, that stuff requires zero cabinet time.

There really isn't a right/wrong between custom made or pre-made. For me, I like having custom made flavors and I'm willing to wait a while for that experience. Additionally, if it's from a vendor I trust, I can reasonably conclude that there isn't any funny business going on with my juice, as compared to a mass produced product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread