Nemesis clone not performing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
I've been using a Nemesis clone as my every day mod. Suddenly, since yesterday, it is not providing enough power to the atty. I've isolated the problem to the mod but I cannot figure out what the problem is. I've adjusted both screws, on the top cap and the firing pin, so that there is no battery rattle. Also, I've ensured that the top screw is in far enough so that the atty's positive connector touches it.

I'm using a Kanger ProTank on it. The tank works just fine on my Vamo 5. No juice has leaked into the Nemesis. I don't have a multimeter and I'm not electronically inclined. I use an ohm tester or the Vamo to test my RBA/rda builds.

Any one here experience this issue? If so, do you have a resolution to it? Your help will be appreciated.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
Thanks guys.

@Busted: I've been vaping the same coils on the KPT and all was fine until yesterday. It shows 2.4 on my Vamo. Still, I'll change it out just to make sure.

@Innocuous: I don't coil protanks (too much of a PITA) but I do have RDAs & RBAs. I currently have a 1.6 ohm coil on an IGO-L and the nemmy is still not working as it used to with it on. I'll put coils on my Fogger and AIOS and check that out when I get some time. Unfortunately, I've lost a part for my Chi You so I cannot test with that and my spinner bit the dust about two weeks ago. I have not bothered to replace it. Only other gear I have are a couple of Halo Triton systems and they are incompatible with everything else.

Besides, 2.5 ohm coils work fine in tanks using ego style 3.7v batts. Why should they not work well on mechs?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Depending on what the contacts are made of, try cleaning them with 90%+ Iso Alcohol, or if theyre not plated sand them lightly with some emery paper.

You may also try thoroughly cleaning all the threads/parts with the alcohol and maybe applying some oxgard/noalox/deOXit on the threads.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
Thank you all! This was user error. I've figured out what caused this.

When I switched batteries last, I was interrupted by my wife with a "honey do" moment. While I was attending to her wishes, she must have moved my battery, which was on our kitchen island, and it happened to land on a small piece of plastic or saran wrap which stuck to the battery and covered a large area on the negative side. This was interfering with the bottom contact. Since this was a freshly charged battery that is fairly new I did not think of switching it out with another one. Today, I thought I would clean the mod and I figured I'd put in a new battery just for the heck of it. I took the battery out of the mod and caught a reflection from the negative side that made it look warped. Upon closer examination I discovered the piece of plastic. :ohmy:

So, all is back to normal with my favorite mod. Again, thanks to all who piped in with your helpful suggestions. They are much appreciated and the reason that I keep hanging around ECF as much as I do. You guys rock and I'm sorry for the false alarm. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread