Never rains but pours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
OK, really this is just a case of I need to vent but here goes ....

We've been having some plumbing work done on the first floor of our house, just finished yesterday, well I went through my usual routine, charged my batteries and got everything ready for the following day in my bag and went to bed. Got up around 3am this morning to attend to my son, after settling him I popped downstairs to get a drink from the kitchen, stepped onto the ground flour into an inch of water, I knew the electrics hadn't tripped so turned on the light, horror and panic time, the last bit of plumbing that was done mustn't have been sealed and been leaking badly when the heating came on, worst part is the leak was pouring down into my handbag and my sons changing bag. 3 batteries all full of water, my charger was in the drawer under my bag and that too was full of water, all I wanted to do was vape and all I had was 2 batteries upstairs that weren't charged.

Had to wait till I got to work this morning to get my spare chargers and my back up eGo's (Thankfully I left them at work by mistake or they would have been ruined too since they normally live in my bag too).

I have got enough spares so that isn't the issue and the plumbing firm have already been out and confirmed they will replace everything (batteries, cartos chargers, everything that was in my bag and the bag itself) that has been ruined but in the meantime I'm on pins, I now have no spares.

DH thinks that the batteries can be dried out and will work (he had electrical qualifications), anyone know if this will work???

Sorry for the long post, just needed to Vent while I'm getting my delayed nic fix.

Suicidebob

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Pasadena, CA
Wow... I wish I could be help.. But, can I send you a raft?

Kidding.

Had a similar issue in my friends house- he called me up frantically and explained to me what his issue was; luckily it was small and a broken pipe.. Well it was much more. We fixed it in two days.. And I ended up giving him a raft. Apparently, he didn't like my humor.

Hope you get it fixed.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Yikes! That sounds like a nightmare! Glad the plumbing firm will be covering all of the damage and losses!
I've had water dumped on a laptop, and a cell submerged in water - both recovered after being allowed to dry, so there is hope that the batteries will come back, but I would still have the firm replace them as their life may be shortened due to the flooding.
Good luck!!

HowlingBadger

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2012
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Rice! I can't confirm that your batts will be good to go, but every time something electronic in my house gets wet I let it sit in rice for a few days. Usually clears it right up! My iPod's been through the washing machine about 3 times and sticking it in uncooked rice has always brought it back to life. Glad to hear you had back ups at work though. I know how it feels to be out of supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread