Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
I cut mine with glycerin. I was wondering if that was ok. I did 50/50

If you like it, it is OK :).

I tried basically the same thing to get some 18mg down to 9. Worked but flavor went by the board.

You can get 0mg in the same flavor and mix with that to maintain flavor while lowering the overall nic content.

Or get flavorings and use the spreadsheet for that which is out here someplace to figure out how to mix.

MUCH on that whole subject in the DIY forum.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
8-o Since I have never contemplated (nor do I think I will contemplate after this post) the idea of inhaling vinegar (I get enough of that when I clean out my coffee maker w/ the stuff), I decided to conduct a quick websearch on the idea.

So, please clarify if you are talking about a specific TYPE of vinegar. I noted one website that specifies cider vinegar for home remedies. However, I also ran across an OSHA MSDS (material data safety sheet) on "white vinegar 20% solution" grain vinegar which specifically states, "
Inhalation of vapors can cause irritation to respiratory tract. Avoid inhalation." To be fair, I believe 20% solution is pretty high-grade stuff that you would not easily find in the local grocery store, but I'm not sure.

Wikipedia also states the following on vinegar, "Medicinal uses
Many remedies and treatments have been ascribed to vinegar over millennia and in many different cultures, however, few have been verifiable using controlled medical trials and many that are effective to some degree have significant side effects and carry the possibility of serious health risks. [13]"

So, all I ask is that you be a little clearer on the topic so that we don't have people rushing out and giving themselves inhalation issues. (like we ex-smokers need any more of those :p)

I tried to open new topic but not allowed to do so...

Does anybody mixed vinegar in their liquids? The vinegar vapor is good for respiratory congestion and as well good for your atomizer by preventing gunk. I know that it is good to dip the atomizer in vinegar to remove gunk but nobody tried it to put in their liquids.

allure

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Lake Forest,CA
I totally understand your concern.,I am a smoker for 10yrs but not a heavy smoker(~12cigs/day).
I read it on the internet and thought of sharing the knowledge to fellow e-smokers. check 19. - use of vinegar.

19. To clear up respiratory congestion, inhale a vapor mist from steaming pot containing water and several spoonfuls of vinegar.

make-stuff.com/cooking/vinegar.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread