Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Which is why his video's got me to buy a reo in the first place with the RM2. Then I went out and bought 2 odins. Then I went out and bought the coil gizmo. Now i'm going to be buying a new SL/LP from Rob as soon as he says "All stock is ready with the new 510s."

Edit; Oh yeah, and i'm going to be buying KGD cotton, scissors for the KGD, a waterproof box for the KGD, tweezers specifically for wicking the KGD, more AW batteries, 28 & 29 wire, readyxwick to try out, and a deoxit gold pen.

Why do I even visit this forum anymore. There goes 100 more dollars.

Best post of the day! :laugh: When that list gets fulfilled, another one will mysteriously popup. ;)

Awesome video Russ! Thanks for taking the time to show us features of the New 510. Appreciate it bro. :thumb:

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Excellent video SX. After seeing this, I realized that the ole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ain't gonna work here. Those new connectors are just so danged nice, gotta have em installed. To be able to adjust where you want the air hole where you want it without futzing around with the O-rings, and the feed tube connection, will be worth the price of admission. Me thinks Rob is gonna be very busy when he turns these loose. :)
Thanks Rob for the innovation, and thanks SX for the video. :) :)

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Excellent video SX. After seeing this, I realized that the ole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ain't gonna work here. Those new connectors are just so danged nice, gotta have em installed. To be able to adjust where you want the air hole where you want it without futzing around with the O-rings, and the feed tube connection, will be worth the price of admission. Me thinks Rob is gonna be very busy when he turns these loose. :)
Thanks Rob for the innovation, and thanks SX for the video. :) :)

I agree with you

I was thinking that I am getting along just fine but after seeing it in action I may have some/all of my REO's changed.

Right now I spin an atty on the REO, change out the different size o-ring to see what will work best and determine what side of the atty I will build on so the air hole is in line with my vape style. Then I get everything built, situated, checked, and then vape. It would be nice to have the small adjustably of the new 510.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I haven't read all the stuff about the new 510 - is it a custom job by Robert? Or is it 3rd party?

This is REO factory stuff available to all of us hopples. It will come in new REOs and existing REOs can be sent in for a retrofit. You have to send it in though cause it's a press in fitting.

Tony Spectacular

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Philadelphia
Which is why his video's got me to buy a reo in the first place with the RM2. Then I went out and bought 2 odins. Then I went out and bought the coil gizmo. Now i'm going to be buying a new SL/LP from Rob as soon as he says "All stock is ready with the new 510s."

Edit; Oh yeah, and i'm going to be buying KGD cotton, scissors for the KGD, a waterproof box for the KGD, tweezers specifically for wicking the KGD, more AW batteries, 28 & 29 wire, readyxwick to try out, and a deoxit gold pen.

Why do I even visit this forum anymore. There goes 100 more dollars.

If you don't already have a pair, make sure that when you get new tweezers that you get the ceramic tipped ones. They're perfect for all regular tweezer applications, and you can use them to compress coils while you're heating them, rather than glowing them and then tweezing them after you let the button go. It works so much better. Just use a gentle touch, I ruined more than a few coils by squeezing them too hard (which was just as hard as I normally would when squeezing them after I let the button go) while glowing them and having them buckle.

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
I wonder, will a 9ml Vapage XVOD XL bottle that some of us use still fit inside the mod when the new, longer pin is installed?

After watching the video, I'm in doubt that the higher vapage bottles will fit.
For more volume, we'll probably have to switch to more rectangular bottles with less height.

Anyhow, I prefer a better tube hold over more volume.
Changing reserve bottles is a hassle for sure, but nothing is worth than occational leaks in my jacket or shirt.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Nice vid, supe.

Man, I was sure I wouldn't need the upgrade - never had any 510 problems - but the adjustable feature plus the tube feed upgrade (I have had tube problems) are really nudging me towards doing this. Now... upgrade or new? Hmmmmm.......

Upgrade the old, and buy a new? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread