New 510 Connector - What it does and how to adjust it - Video Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
Step one - get a new resin mod when they come out.
Step two - send my lone current REO in for the 510 upgrade and maybe some overall spa treatment. Starting to look a little "rode hard and put up wet" after 1.5 years of all day, every day use but still vapes as good as it did brand new!

I cannot and will not go without a REO in my hand for any period of time! :D

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Love that new 510, thanks for the demo, Russ.

My 510 is absolutely perfect, and I had already decided there would be now reason to upgrade it. Then I watched this video and now I have a real bed hankerin' for that new tube setup so I can swap juices without rinsing everything out. I can't part with my REO long enough to send it in, so I believe I am being FORCED to buy a second one to use while the first is being upgraded.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I asked this in another thread, but anyways. I saw a post saying that all past reo's will accept the new 510. Just wondering about the woodvil's. When the new 510 is swapped out, will the brass catch cup remain, or will it be taken completely off?
The brass juice well would remain I haven't even thought about replacing these in wood mods yet .

Will the new 510 connection work in the 14500 minis, and the 2.0 minis? I don't remember reading if these are upgradeable or not.
Yes it will work with any of the mechanical mods

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Not sure about all Woodvil or the smaller 14500, the Woods from the last run, 18650s and 18490s, use the same 510 with a different center post. the 510 is press fitted into the brass catch cup so that would remain, but you could have it cut down to be level with the top of the 510 and then use bigger RBAs

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Not sure about all Woodvil or the smaller 14500, the Woods from the last run, 18650s and 18490s, use the same 510 with a different center post. the 510 is press fitted into the brass catch cup so that would remain, but you could have it cut down to be level with the top of the 510 and then use bigger RBAs

EDIT: Never mind Rob beat me to it :facepalm:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Next week we will see what prices are posted for new Reos with them installed. Rob has not mentioned a price to do the conversion yet
He mentioned to me that he's thinking around $45. This includes a complete rebuild kit; time of milling, and then pressing in the new 510. Not bad at all. However, it could change due to unforeseen scenarios.
....also, prices will be going up about $5 on all items that have new 510 connection.

Do need Rob to confirm this though.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
He mentioned to me that he's thinking around $45. This includes a complete rebuild kit; time of milling, and then pressing in the new 510. Not bad at all. However, it could change due to unforeseen scenarios.
....also, prices will be going up about $5 on all items that have new 510 connection.

Do need Rob to confirm this though.

That would be spencive with my 10 SL's.....ouch

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I have a feeling that the price ed is talking about includes milling to make his an LP. Not everyone will need this service. Also, I would imagine, If one already has the upgraded contacts, there'll be no need for new contacts. I could be wrong.....

I'm wondering the same thing. Wonder if Russ could give us a firing pin clue? He mentioned in the video that the New 510 appeared to have a bigger juice hole -- meaning more juice would come through the hole. So, that must mean the firing pin everyone of us already have... would be to small to fit on it unless it's cut out. But it could be to awkward to cut out since it already has a hole in it.

It's really hard to speculate. Robert is the only one that can give definite answers. He's probably out there sprinkling Porcupine dust on the Grands as we speak.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm wondering the same thing. Wonder if Russ could give us a firing pin clue? He mentioned in the video that the New 510 appeared to have a bigger juice hole -- meaning more juice would come through the hole. So, that must mean the firing pin everyone of us already have... would be to small to fit on it unless it's cut out. But it could be to awkward to cut out since it already has a hole in it.

It's really hard to speculate. Robert is the only one that can answer give definite answers. He may be out there sprinkling Porcupine dust on the Grands as we speak.

You are correct - all we / I can do is speculate. My guess is that the firing pin is the same because Rob got a lot of them. I believe the only change is the actual 510 and centerpin. I'd guess that the cost is gonna be for a rebuild (whatever that is currently) plus the cost to press out the old and in the new connector. What you will get back is your REO with a new connector, feed tube and bottle.

Even if the portion of the centerpost that receives the firing pin required the hole in the pin to be enlarged, I'm guessing that Rob enlarges them (and would have to add cost for this) . I don't think he bought new firing pins.

I bet the firing pin is the exact same though. Rob is to smart for it to be otherwise :)

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
So what is the primary advantage to this? I did watch the video, but it was kind of long and I was tired. From what I gather.
1. You can adjust the center pin so you can adjust where the air hole is without the use of an o-ring.
2. You can swap a tube without taking the innards (delrin out).
3. Anything else?

New mods that ship now will have this or no?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Wonderful video and presentation, Russ. The "hot swap" capability is a super feature along with the adjustability of the pin.

It appears that my 2 Grands will be visiting with Rob, soon. Hopefully, I'll have my 3rd and 4th Grands in hand before sending in my current rigs for the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread