New and first order- Feels like waiting for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
Hello!

I think I must of spent every waking moment during these past weeks pouring over just about every message. I was so overwhelmed at first, my head was spinning!

I KNEW I wanted to make the switch, but what kind, what juice, from who?

I made my decision a few days ago. Nhaler is going to be getting my business..but now..what PV do I want?

I jumped right on the 510 Elite kit. I had a few questions for Drew, so I fired off a email. A few hours went by and it seemed like days and no respond. So..In all my excitement, I placed a order, and included a note in the comments section.

It was not til reading further that I realized it was Drew's birthday and that is probably why Ive not yet heard back...LOL HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY DREW!!

It was not but a couple hours later and I was sent a email informing me my order was shipped. Let me tell you, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning now!

What made me go with Nhaler vs the others? Yeah, the price was a huge factor, but customer support rates up there for me right along with price, package and QUALITY!

The RAVE reviews Ive read and read and read. The kindness and helpfulness of everyone. More so, Drew and his total dedication to his business and more so his customers..THAT sold me right then and there. I figure if there was something I missed that I might need, I'm sure I'll find out.

The only 'extras' I ordered was one battery and ..well...juices. I had to FORCE myself to stop, not knowing that would be the right mg for me..ect.

Yeah, being a newbie, I still have questions..a lot of them, but I'm sure a lot will be answered once my order arrives, and with time.

Drew, your customers, your followers, the communication between everyone is awesome! I look forward to getting my 510 and posting along with everyone else nothing but good things! =)

Josh!

Oct 12, 2009
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forums. I just got my first 510 kit today and I haven't put it down since the first battery finished charging. It was so nice to come home from a horrible day of work and look in the mailbox to find my package stuffed a bunch of little extra freebies and a hand-written thank you note.

You're gonna love your 510 and more so DREW!

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
Welcome to forums!
Please do not hesitate to ask ANY questions.. no question is a silly one.. there are many very nice people here and we'll do everything to help ya out!
Wait till ya try the juice.. Great stuff here at Nhaler!
Drew, his products and his juice are awesome, you'll see! You put yourself in very good hands!
Lori B

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Welcome to the forums. I just got my first 510 kit today and I haven't put it down since the first battery finished charging. It was so nice to come home from a horrible day of work and look in the mailbox to find my package stuffed a bunch of little extra freebies and a hand-written thank you note.

You're gonna love your 510 and more so DREW!

Yeah, Drew's great and all, but if I had to choose between him and my 510...I dunno...:oops:

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
Ive not gotten my order yet, I know it will be here today...maybe that is why I woke up at 4am....waiting! lol

I talked to Drew personally and I know now more then ever I made the right choice. He had more advice for me then my mother did when I had my first days eons ago! lol

I have a couple questions already.

I read in this thread in another thread that the carts are going to come prefilled. (I cant post threads links yet, not enough posts)

They come pre-filled with a factory e-juice so called tobacco flavor.. I would do your self a favor and add a few flavored carts. RY4 and cappachino are my fav's!!! Some people like these.. I am one that doesnt.
BTW.. Welcome to Nhaler and the ecig world!! Best flavors around here at Nhaler!

I don't want any other flavor other then Drew's the first time I vape. I plan on using the PTB right off the bat..so that leads me to my question.

~Can I just clear out the 'prefilled fluff' and place that PTB baby right in there and REALLY enjoy vaping as it was meant to be?

~Can I do the same with the other carts, but with the different flavors I ordered and have them aside and ready to change out?

Thanks for the welcome, now I think I'll go camp out by the mailbox...

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
MY ORDER WAS THERE!!!

Being a small town I live in, they knew yesterday I was expecting a package today and they had already had it put aside..lol

Drew, if you were here right now, I'd hug you! I knew I would like this..but had no idea just how much! I want to try every flavor I ordered plus the ones you sent along!

Thank you for the goodies too =)

Guess what? Yep, question time..lol

Some of the juice is 24mg and some is 11mg. When my hubby tried it (he tried the 24mg) he complained that his throat felt like it was closing up on him, but liked the flavor, coughed to beat all too. Is this normal for a first time hit? He now wants to wait before he tries the 11mg stuff. He is also VERY impressed and I know for a fact I'll be ordering another Elite Kit...will those be available in black at some point? He is just worried about this whole throat thing. I can understand that too.

When I tried it, I coughed like it was the first time I tried smoking..lol Still figuring out just how to drag off of it, Im getting better.

Switched to the 11mg stuff. Nuport and Peaches and Cream (not mixed..each one in a clean cart), both of which is 11mg. MUCH smoother and not so harsh on the throat. Could this be because of the amount of nicotine? 11mg vs 24mg?

I can taste the peaches and cream, but not like I had thought I would. I cleaned out the cart and dripped a couple drops on the addy as well. Yes, I did blow the primer juice out of it..has a odd smell, that stuff does. I know my taste buds are shot and with time and a few days breaking it, it will only taste better and better! Or am I doing something wrong?

You WILL be getting my business again. There is also a strong possibility that the people at the post office will order too. They were very inquisitive about these when I told them all I knew. I have to go back when things are all charged and Im a bit more familiar with what I am doing so they can all see and try it too.

Thank you very much!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Some of the juice is 24mg and some is 11mg. When my hubby tried it (he tried the 24mg) he complained that his throat felt like it was closing up on him, but liked the flavor, coughed to beat all too. Is this normal for a first time hit? He now wants to wait before he tries the 11mg stuff. He is also VERY impressed and I know for a fact I'll be ordering another Elite Kit...will those be available in black at some point? He is just worried about this whole throat thing. I can understand that too.

When I tried it, I coughed like it was the first time I tried smoking..lol Still figuring out just how to drag off of it, Im getting better.

Switched to the 11mg stuff. Nuport and Peaches and Cream (not mixed..each one in a clean cart), both of which is 11mg. MUCH smoother and not so harsh on the throat. Could this be because of the amount of nicotine? 11mg vs 24mg?

I can taste the peaches and cream, but not like I had thought I would. I cleaned out the cart and dripped a couple drops on the addy as well. Yes, I did blow the primer juice out of it..has a odd smell, that stuff does. I know my taste buds are shot and with time and a few days breaking it, it will only taste better and better! Or am I doing something wrong?

Did you get a 510? The regular liquids are all 24mg and the HV are all 12mg. Usually the HV liquids are smoother flavors and less throat hit.

I had a sore throat for about a week after I switched from analogs, but that's long gone.

Do you normally have much of a smoker's cough? My sister has a terrible one and one or two hit's off an e-cig sends her over the edge 8-o

The PG/VG in the liquid will dry your throat - I always have something to sip on while I'm vaping. Drinking lots of water during the day is always a good idea too :)

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
icon1.gif

MY ORDER WAS THERE!!!

Being a small town I live in, they knew yesterday I was expecting a package today and they had already had it put aside..lol

Drew, if you were here right now, I'd hug you! I knew I would like this..but had no idea just how much! I want to try every flavor I ordered plus the ones you sent along!

Thank you for the goodies too =)

Guess what? Yep, question time..lol

(Try to turn the cart a tiny bit to allow more air flow.. this helps me.)

When I tried it, I coughed like it was the first time I tried smoking..lol Still figuring out just how to drag off of it, Im getting better. again try turning cart 1/4 turn for extra airflow..and take a slower long drag.. it will get smoother.

Ok I have made myself a little bottle of PG and Vegtable glycerin (got both from Health food store) or you can find at local walgreens... the throat hit on the 11 carts was too strong for my liking also even after vaping for several months.. I add this mixture and it will provide the smoothness you are looking for.. it will help that first week of Vaping. Do NOT give up.. it will pass and you will Most likely cough up all those horrible chemicals from the anaolgs. I would deffinitely suggest some of the lung juice to vape at night.. just drip a few drops at night.
I was convinced by a few members to try the greencarts and after doing so they are my main vape. I get more.. much more vapor from the greencig carts and they are much much smoother.. you can also refill these many more times than the KR808 carts and will never get a burnt taste from them.. I LOVE them! If you are looking for a good analog flavor try the HV Kent.. very close!
If you are concerned about nic level and wanting higher you can drip a few drops of Drew'sunflavored Nic on them.. I dont have a rough reaction to the carts even adding Drew's higher nic to them.. I think it is honestly just the juice it's prefilled with.
Drew stated he did order some empty Kr808 carts and ou can fill with his juice.. I will be hopping ALL over this.. I tried empties from another vendor and I didnt get that cough like I did with the KR808 carts when fillled with Drew's 24 mg juice.
I hope they will be available soon!
Hope this helps some and if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask! everyone here is awesome!!
Welcome to the forums!

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
lotus14- I got the 510 along with a few, ok more like a dozen + 6ml sample bottles. Some are 24mg and some are 11mg. As to the smokers cough? We both have it something awful which is why we are willing to do what it takes to make this switch.

I know the atty has to go thru its breaking in stage, I sure hope that gets over and done with fast, as everything pretty much tastes the same for me so far, with a same underlying slight sweet taste. I ordered the 555menthol and Nuport. I prefer the Nuport better, but still that underlying sweet taste. I guess being a pack and half -ttwo pack a day menthol smoker, I am looking for something closer to that 'tobacco' taste. I know that is not possible, but something close. =) Perhaps to make that transition a bit easier and smoother for the both of us. I know I know, that part is all in my head, but well.....lol

I also think (thanks needvapor) I will get some PG and also some VG and cut the 24mg ones. Can I do that right in the cart? A 1-1 ratio of drops? The PG or VG and juice.

I ordered the 5 sample pack of the lung juice. I do have asthma as well as the starting of COPD. I jumped right on those right away!

As of right now, I dont think I need more vapor, the 510 just about floods my eyes out at times...lol I do LOVE it tho! I will NOT give up.

Even tho I hack up a lung, I am not giving up..I just love this concept!

Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
lotus14- I got the 510 along with a few, ok more like a dozen + 6ml sample bottles. Some are 24mg and some are 11mg. As to the smokers cough? We both have it something awful which is why we are willing to do what it takes to make this switch.

I know the atty has to go thru its breaking in stage, I sure hope that gets over and done with fast, as everything pretty much tastes the same for me so far, with a same underlying slight sweet taste. I ordered the 555menthol and Nuport. I prefer the Nuport better, but still that underlying sweet taste. I guess being a pack and half -ttwo pack a day menthol smoker, I am looking for something closer to that 'tobacco' taste. I know that is not possible, but something close. =) Perhaps to make that transition a bit easier and smoother for the both of us. I know I know, that part is all in my head, but well.....lol

I also think (thanks needvapor) I will get some PG and also some VG and cut the 24mg ones. Can I do that right in the cart? A 1-1 ratio of drops? The PG or VG and juice.

I ordered the 5 sample pack of the lung juice. I do have asthma as well as the starting of COPD. I jumped right on those right away!

As of right now, I dont think I need more vapor, the 510 just about floods my eyes out at times...lol I do LOVE it tho! I will NOT give up.

Even tho I hack up a lung, I am not giving up..I just love this concept!

Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

With the 510 try short slow draws, the vapor will be cooler and easier on your throat and lungs. Think of the cough as a good thing - you're loosening and getting rid of the crap in your lungs.

I'd do the mixing in a bottle and shake well. Realize that you're reducing the nicotine content as well, which may not be a good idea in the beginning if you're trying quit smoking. Most people have the best luck with high nic liquid to start with and then cut back if they want to.

The 12mg HV liquid will produce more vapor. VG produces more vapor than PG - you can usually get PG (polyethylene glycol) in USP grade at a pharmacy. Try K-Mart!

If you like the 12mg HV flavors better, but want higher nicotine, get some of Drew's unflavored 60mg liquid to mix with it. Measure carefully, that's strong stuff.

As for menthol, there's a lot to choose from. I'm not a menthol person so I'm not the best person to ask. You can also get some menthol crystals to dissolve in the liquid to give it more flavor. I will say that if you just keep using your 510 you'll just naturally smoke cigarettes less and less until you can just put 'em down for good. Don't fight it if you want to smoke a cig, just try using your 510 first.

Also your taste will change. I would never have wanted a Bananas and Cream cigarette but the juice is great!

Good luck and Happy Vaping!

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
I think my taste buds have packed up and left. I still am getting nothing but that sweetness taste with all the different juices Ive tried. I have patience tho and have hopes for the best. I ordered some of the 555menthol and Nuport. To me the Nuport has a slight menthol taste, no hint of tobacco what so ever, and a sweetness taste that I can't seem to figure out of what.

I did not get much of a chance to vape at all last night, due to company and my 510 being vaper-napped from me.:lol:

Drew- You got one order last night as result from the vaper-napping:)

I had to revert back to my analogs last night. Not only was MY 510 not available for ME, but I felt I needed that 'menthol tobacco' taste again. I guess Im missing that tobacco taste more then I thought I would, as well as that definite menthol flavor/taste. Im sure it will just be a matter of time to get use to a new 'flavor'. Im not going to give up..just wishing I could experience what everyone else is talking about with that "Now this is what Im talking about" flavor!

Congrats on going for it. Keep in mind: Your taste buds will change radically over the first couple of weeks. Don't give up on flavors that seem meh at first. When you pick 'em up a week or so later, you'll go "hmm, totally different than when I tried em last week!" That's because once off cigarettes, your taste buds will start to reawaken.

The advice above is good ... don't smoke it like an analog; take slow and steady drags, not ferocious drags. They'll choke you! Draw in gently.

My final piece of cheap advice: At some point, the best thing to do is to smoke the last of your cigarettes and tell em goodbye. Just don't buy any more. Tell yourself you're simply switching to a new brand of cigarettes -- the e-cig. With gazillions of flavor possibilities.

When you're new to vaping and you're using a brand-new atomizer, it really can take a couple days until your atomizer is truly broken in. So don't give up. I started with a 510 but have now moved happily to a KR808 and love the simplicity and lack of fuss. Your breathing, stamina and general well being will improve rapidly... hang in there!!

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
After giving it much thought and really paying attention to exactly WHY Im still smoking these other..things...I have come to the following conclusion. Granted I vape more then smoke, but I still am =\
I like the tobacco/menthol taste, plane and simple and the only reason now.

I just ordered some kent and I saw one I didnt see before, Nhaler® USA Mint, both HV. I think if I can find that BANG powerful menthol taste/feeling Im looking for, I'll be sold 110%

Now I just read Drew has another new one..STRONG ROOT BEER, hmm, I wonder if he ment STRONG ROOT BEER or just STRONG ROOT BEER..lol I know what Im going to try with my next order. Today I did break out the rootbeer I did order with my first kit. The smell of the juice?!? OH MY!!!! I made me want to grab a glass and a straw! AMAZING!!! As for taste? same sweet as I keep saying..so that leads me to the conclusion that it is MY taste buds that have packed up and left, cuz anything that smells THAT good, I KNOW would have a even more so amazaing taste! I know that with time, those taste buds will move back in where they belong and I will be thinking I am having a rootbeer!

Im ready to rehome the numberous bags of tobacco I do have (We roll our own and really stocked up before the huge price increase) as soon as I find that 'right' combonation for me, and well, as soon as the hubby makes the switch too. Im working on him about that one. I figure if I can get his friends to switch, he wont be far behind. =)

Thanks for all the advice, it is very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread