New and Overwhelmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would recommend having some of both 16-18mg and 24mg and try to find some flavors/aromas that trigger a mellow familiar feeling. I finally found that with Turkish blends and to a lesser extent 555 (vanilla almond tobacco) and RY4 (vanilla caramel tobacco)

BTW - if your are going to Vapor4Life - they have two kinds of cartos and one kind is hotter on your lips and more TH (their Premium carts?) and I like the others (the Coolcarts). I think their WOW 555 is in a Coolcart. They also sell blanks.

ValleyGirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
Okay, so...yeah. After vaping on the wimpy little NLA number all day yesterday, I ended up sneaking in like maybe 5 or so analogs. So I think I need something a 'lil more powerful. Was leaning to the Joye 510, now considering the Riva 510 (this one is better battery-wise, right?) and alsoooo now considering the Vapor4Life KRwhatever one. Wow...so many choices...I could really use a cigarette right now *hands shakkkking*. Gonna try to make a decision and get another kit today. I really appreciate all of the input, you guys are great <3

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
...Scroll down here to "The other cartomizers" and see if those cartos look like yours. If so, I think it lists a few suppliers though they may be blanks rather than prefills.
WWV Part IV (page 6) | Vaping Guides
Thanks for the plug, dormouse!

As for ValleyGirl, I urge you to give strong consideration to the fat batts. The frequent recharging of your super-mini is going to drive you crazy. The best deal at the moment is Liberty-Flights' 750 mAh Riva-510: $30 (after applying 20% coupon code: ecf) for a two battery/two atomizer kit. Can't be beat. [And, no, I don't work for Liberty-Flights.;)]

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Thanks for the plug, dormouse!

As for ValleyGirl, I urge you to give strong consideration to the fat batts. The frequent recharging of your super-mini is going to drive you crazy. The best deal at the moment is Liberty-Flights' 750 mAh Riva-510: $30 (after applying 20% coupon code: ecf) for a two battery/two atomizer kit. Can't be beat. [And, no, I don't work for Liberty-Flights.;)]

I second that piece of advice.
Received mine yesterday after 2 months of using an RN4081 and Vapor4Life's KR808d-1.

I know flavor preference is extremely subjective, but I find that the cooler temperature of vapor from the Riva 510 is far more pleasant than what I consider to be the 'hot and humid' vapor of the VaporKing.

Don't get me wrong, I used the VaporKing and the RN4081 to quit smoking. They were fine and I know lots of folks like the VaporKing KR808d-1 and never move on from that model.

I just enjoy the actual 'feeling' of the Riva 510 in my hand. I have the stainless steel one, and it looks just as nifty as the VaporKing. Best part? I used to take one VaporKing assembled and one extra battery and one extra cartomizer to work with me in the AM to get through the day with no worries. With the Riva 510 I take one assembled unit and a small bottle of extra juice with me.

So, IMHO, VaporKing kr808D-1 has hotter vapor than the Riva 510, and I had to carry more crap with me to make it through the day. Even still, I would refer someone to it if they were looking for a sleek ciggy-esque sized model. Let's face it, Vapor4Life's black batteries with green LED lights at the tip look pretty nifty. I also understand that a lot of folks would prefer the warmer temperature of the VaporKing to something like my RN4081 vaporizer.

But for battery performance, the Riva 510 is rocking my world. I started the battery I am vaping on at 7 AM this morning. It is now 7 PM and the battery shows no signs of slowing down.

TLDR: DaBoom, IMHO, is correct in that you should think about a Riva or something similiar in the future. The VaporKing will do exactly what it's supposed to, just make sure you always take an extra battery and extra cartomizer with you when you're leaving home for more than a couple of hours.

Good luck!

lookin2quit

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
La Mesa, California, United States
If you find that the kr808 batteries don't last long enough you can get "fat batts" for them. I get mine at CigEasy, the Elegant Easy and the XXL Elegant Easy. The Elegant Easy lasts me 6-8 hours, depending on how hard I'm hitting it. Just got my XXL today so no verdict on that yet. I've also heard that LeCig sells a "fat batt" for the 808 as well, but haven't purchased from them. Just a thought in case you get the 808 and find the battery life lacking.

i guess i got lucky that i know someone that is a veteran vaperer (not sure if that's an actual term) because he hooked me and my girl up with egoS, proud to say it's been a couple weeks and no ciggs for me!!! the battery lasts a lot longer than i thought and the flavors are really good (currently vaping the Boba's Bounty)... good luck on your journey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread