Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Looks like Mooch tested the updated green wrapped Samsung INR18650-25R5 and if I am reading his chart correctly the Samsung INR18650-25R2 performed slightly better?
Capture.JPG

I picked up a couple of the AW Red 20A 3000mah batteries as my Samsungs don't appear to be lasting as long between charges even though I rotate between batteries. They are about 8 months old and generally get charged once a day.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Did you buy them from RTD?
RTD? Got them from Sweet-Vapes - wasn't aware of RTD (until now). Someone had mentioned that Sweet-Vapes was an authorized reseller of AW and I wanted to make sure I received authentics. I've bookmarked RTD so I have it available for future orders.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
RTD? Got them from Sweet-Vapes - wasn't aware of RTD (until now). Someone had mentioned that Sweet-Vapes was an authorized reseller of AW and I wanted to make sure I received authentics. I've bookmarked RTD so I have it available for future orders.
I think you also get 10% off your order if you mention ECF.

Check the RTD Thread.

Jim

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

I didn't know sweet vapes was a authorized dealer. I know RTD is.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Looks like Mooch tested the updated green wrapped Samsung INR18650-25R5 and if I am reading his chart correctly the Samsung INR18650-25R2 performed slightly better?
    View attachment 501043

I picked up a couple of the AW Red 20A 3000mah batteries as my Samsungs don't appear to be lasting as long between charges even though I rotate between batteries. They are about 8 months old and generally get charged once a day.

They're essentially identical in my testing, just a couple degrees temperature difference that pushed the R5 over to orange caution. One of the downsides of simplifying everything down to a table.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2015
    Texas
    Have you seen his interview on Plumes of Hazard yet?
    Nooooo....? I'll check that out. I did see one of the Plumes' videos and they gave him a shout-out, where they were talking about the Brillpower(?) batteries and his testing.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State

Did you receive the aw 3000 mah batteries?

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2015
    Texas
    Did you receive the aw 3000 mah batteries?
    Yes - haven't had a chance to charge them yet - Will be testing them on the Dicodes 2380T until I get my Provari back from Zen (should be later this week - I'm excited :w00t:).

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    I bought two new AW 18350 800 Mah batteries from RTD about 8 months ago and stopped using them .

I'm convinced they are defective because both do not hold a charge well at all and are completely shot after on/off vaping in half a day .

They even show half drained on the mods battery indicator after the first few vapes.

I vape them in an SVD 2.0 at 10 watts , very disappointed.

marc42

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Hi Herb
    same here, have been using the 800s for months now and find the old 700s better for charge duration than the newer models.
    I only use them for 8-9 watt vaping and even the old dying 700 does better.
    the new model has a higher drain current rating ,so may be optimised for high drain use , but still..

I bought two new AW 18350 800 Mah batteries from RTD about 8 months ago and stopped using them .

I'm convinced they are defective because both do not hold a charge well at all and are completely shot after on/off vaping in half a day .

They even show half drained on the mods battery indicator after the first few vapes.

I vape them in an SVD 2.0 at 10 watts , very disappointed.

Wayondy

Multiple ID Suspension
    Mar 15, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    All the things are developed with the technology, so does the battery. I agree with you that AW is seemed to be falling behind. Much more high drain batteries for e-cig are appeared in the market,
    such as LG HG2 3000mAh, 20A; Sony VTC5 2600mAh, 30A; Tesiyi,2600mAh, 40A; Samsung 25R, 2500mAh, 20A. Looking forward to have a test about these batteries.

I've done a bit of testing, see the link in my signature.
    The VTC5 is a 20A battery and the Tesiyi is 25A. All good performing batteries though! But the Tesiyi can change what cell they use under the wrap at any time without telling us.

Wayondy

Multiple ID Suspension
    Mar 15, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1

Wayondy

Multiple ID Suspension
    Mar 15, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.