New Box Mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for help picking out a new regulated box mod. My budget is roughly $200 give or take, and I'm looking for something solid. This mod would be my all day ABV, so it needs to handle daily abuse. I use RDAs, RBAs, and even Cartos at work for there ease of use. As far as Sub-ohming goes, my lowest build is only around 0.7 ohms. I have a couple VTC5 18650s, a couple AW 2000 mah and 1600 mah 18650, and efest 2250 mahs. I'm not necessarily against having to pick up more or different batteries if recommended.

Currently I've been using a LT 2.5 for couple years and the previous version prior then that from the guys at Volcano ecigs. My 2.5 is crapping out, and I'm looking something new with a little more power. Can't say enough about Volcanos customer service though and the year warranty they put on there products. I know a lot of companies only have short warranties on there products, which is why I'm looking for something that can handle the daily abuse.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. A couple that I've been intrigued by is Vaporfi Vox 50, partly because of the 4 month warranty, and the Zens ZNA....but I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you!

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have a Sigelei 100, and love it, so far it had been very good to me, with zero problems I think the next will be a REO, I here so many good things about these rock solid devices as soon as the vape buget allows I will have one in my hands. although they are two different beasts, I think they would become best friends. Also I thiink the next big thing is Tempeture Regulated, I would like to try those out too.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
The two quality state of the art devices in your price range are the Vaporshark rDNA40, and the Yihi Sxmini. I'm a big DNA40 fan, but I hear good things about the SXmini also, and their temperature control version (the M Class) is due out next month.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/583070-vaporshark-rdna.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/617333-sxmini-mod-yihi.html

Thanks for the reply! Just did some research on that SXmini....and it just made it to the top of my list, haha.

Before I pull the tigger on the SXmini, anyone else have any additional recommdations?

Also, I understand the M series is dropping soon, and to my understanding the only new feature added is the temp control right? Ofcourse with a few minor smoothed edges on the device itself. If I'm only building with Kanthal, is there any benefit waiting to get my hands on the new M series over the current S series?

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Before I pull the tigger on the SXmini, anyone else have any additional recommdations?

Also, I understand the M series is dropping soon, and to my understanding the only new feature added is the temp control right? Ofcourse with a few minor smoothed edges on the device itself. If I'm only building with Kanthal, is there any benefit waiting to get my hands on the new M series over the current S series?

Yeah, wait for the M series because vendors should then be dropping prices on the SX Mini and you can save a few bucks.

Pick up the M series if you're planning to build with nickel.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Why does everyone seem to wanna use nickel wire so badly?? :confused: Controversial statement I know but Ive learned to start hating nickel wire...I mean I get it...but I find it completely unnecessary...and the tech is still too new and full of holes (God forbid you dont have a room temperature coil on startup) If you were willing to spend an extra 50-100 Id go with the plethora of custom APV's from american manufacturers. My most recent is the Buzzbox Raptor. Has the amazing Raptor 120 chip in it, superb quality, hand made, and even custom artwork from a chicago artist. Cost me over 365, but I got it with all the bells and whistles attached, you can get a good one non customized for round 250

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
The two quality state of the art devices in your price range are the Vaporshark rDNA40, and the Yihi Sxmini. I'm a big DNA40 fan, but I hear good things about the SXmini also, and their temperature control version (the M Class) is due out next month.

I love my rDNA40s, they're my workhorse mods and definitely great devices. That said, YiHi really stepped up its game and put itself miles ahead on many fronts with the SXmini and the SX350J chip and from everything I've been seeing and hearing, I pre-ordered the new SXmini weeks ago.

Deciding between say a DNA30 for $60 and an SXmin for $200 might be a tough call. If 30W cuts it and you don't need stepdown, its good price for such a rock solid mod. But $180 for an rDNA40 and $200 for an SXmin and I think the SXmini wins by a landslide because it lets you do a lot more and gives you far more control over your vape and a far superior warranty.

I love my rDNA40s, they're my workhorse mods and definitely great devices. That said, YiHi really stepped up its game and put itself miles ahead on many fronts with the SXmini and the SX350J chip and from everything I've been seeing and hearing, I pre-ordered the new SXmini weeks ago.

Deciding between say a DNA30 for $60 and an SXmin for $200 might be a tough call. If 30W cuts it and you don't need stepdown, its good price for such a rock solid mod. But $180 for an rDNA40 and $200 for an SXmin and I think the SXmini wins by a landslide because it lets you do a lot more and gives you far more control over your vape and a far superior warranty.

Thanks for your input. I'm pretty much sold on the SXmini. Just waiting to see if the price drops on the S class, if not a significant drop in price I might as well just get my hands on the M class. I'm a little weary on the warranty though. I heard YiHi left some consumers high and dry when it came to the broken slotted center pins on the SXmini S class. Now I've never seen the user manual, so I couldn't say for sure, but the argument is there wasn't any warning about attempting to adjust the slotted center pin. Granted I agree this is user error, but I think it's more of a gray area...I would have liked to have seen YiHi taken this opportunity to make a "statement" about how stellar their warranty and customer service is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread