Recommend me a 4500mah box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I've been using two eleaf I-Stick 30W box mods for about three years now and it's time to get a couple of replacements. I would like to get something about the same size but with a battery that lasts longer between charges.

I'm an old school vaper and I don't know much about all the newfangled offerings. I vape at 14 watts so I don't really need anything that handles 250 watts but I'm ok with those as long as they will still handle 14 watts.

I vape MTL and I use the new Zenith tanks with 1.6 ohm coils.

I'm looking for something around 4500mah and about the same size as the Eleaf I-Stick. I also want a self contained battery. I've included a pic below of the Eleaf that I'm using now and looking to replace.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_2690.JPG

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My suggestion is give up your size requirement. Fitting 4500mah into a 2000mah space isn’t going to happen till metallic lithium batteries come out, and that’s gonna be a long time. I would look at two battery replaceable battery mods and a charger myself. Those microUSB2 ports just don’t last

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
My suggestion is give up your size requirement. Fitting 4500mah into a 2000mah space isn’t going to happen till metallic lithium batteries come out, and that’s gonna be a long time. I would look at two battery replaceable battery mods and a charger myself. Those microUSB2 ports just don’t last

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

My batteries are indeed not holding a charge as long as they used to. That's the reason that I want to replace them and I thought it might be a good idea to get a higher mah battery while I'm at it.

That MVP4 looks promising and I'll look into the Joyetech as well.

Reactions: CagedSpam

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Innokin Oceanus. It's not an internal battery mod... Uses a 20700. But the 20700 is 3000 mAh, and the kit comes with 2 of 'em. It'll go down to around 7 watts and up to 100. Not much bigger around than the iStick, but taller.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

That looks pretty nice. Do you own one by any chance? I'm wondering how well the battery cover stays attached. It doesn't look like a very secure fit but I'm only judging by the pictures.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Innokin Coolfire Ultra 4000mah, good size and very reliable. I gave up on all the batteries and chargers a while back now. I now just buy a new mod every 2 years or so which keeps me up to date as well.
I’d say this makes a lot of sense if I didn’t have to worry about the microUSB2 breaking and raining all over that 2 year lifespan. Eventually they will switch to usbC and I won’t have to worry about it. Hasn’t happened yet though afaik

Reactions: Vapntime

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I’d say this makes a lot of sense if I didn’t have to worry about the microUSB2 breaking and raining all over that 2 year lifespan. Eventually they will switch to usbC and I won’t have to worry about it. Hasn’t happened yet though afaik

There are a couple around, this one is the cheapest I've seen, I think this is what you mean? I prefer internal battery though.
Aspire NX75 TC Box Mod - CNC Edition | NX75-Z, NX75-A, NX75-S

I haven't had a problem with micro usb but some do. I am pretty careful with mine though.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I've come up with another question. There's a very good possibility that I'll be switching to an external battery type mod.

When I go to buy batteries and a charger, how do I know whether to get the regular batteries or the flat top batteries?

I don't see that anywhere in the specs on any of the mods that I've looked at so far. All I see is the battery type like 18650, for example but those come in both configurations. How do I know which ones to buy?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've come up with another question. There's a very good possibility that I'll be switching to an external battery type mod.

When I go to buy batteries and a charger, how do I know whether to get the regular batteries or the flat top batteries?

I don't see that anywhere in the specs on any of the mods that I've looked at so far. All I see is the battery type like 18650, for example but those come in both configurations. How do I know which ones to buy?
Button top batteries have more or less disappeared. All 18650s, 26650s and 20/21700s are flat top these days

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
If you end up getting a 20700 capable mod, might I suggest the Sanyo 20700B as a battery?

It's a 15A, 4200mAh battery. Since you vape at relatively low wattages, it would be a superb battery for you. I use it up to about 30w, and it gets incredible battery life. I would guess it will easily get you through the day (and then some) at 14w.

Reactions: SnowDog

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's why I'm confused. I'm looking at the Vapor Authority website and they offer both.
Efest™ 18650 IMR 3100mAh 20A Battery
Hohm Tech™ Hohm Life 18650 3077mAh 36.3A Battery - Vapor Authority
Button top 18650s are still needed for some older mech mods. Both of those batteries have inflated ratings btw. I personally would avoid both of them as they are clearly rewraps.
Let’s run it from the other direction: what mod do you want to put the batteries into?

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks very much for your help. I'm seriously considering one of these Joyetech Evic Primo Minis:
Joyetech™ eVic Primo Mini Starter Kit (w/ ProCore Aries) - Vapor Authority
You want a flat top battery for that. Preferably two, and a charger. It will avoid wear on your microUSB2 port, and the ability to “instantly refil” the power is just too handy imho.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum Has large amounts of info about which batteries are good for what and which are worth buying and which arent

Reactions: CagedSpam

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
You want a flat top battery for that. Preferably two, and a charger. It will avoid wear on your microUSB2 port, and the ability to “instantly refil” the power is just too handy imho.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum Has large amounts of info about which batteries are good for what and which are worth buying and which arent

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I would have bought the wrong batteries if not for your guidance. I will definitely read through that blog.

Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread