• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Bugout Bag (everyone favorite thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I know...but this is the good stuff. Bioactive or some such. You want to get a good laugh...go to Amazon and look at the reviews for these staple guns.........hahahahhaaha

I bought this for my dog 1st aid kit. It's well sealed in a sterile container and doesn't take up a lot of space. I will likely use it to treat 2 legged dogs, should they need it. A good addition for any 1st aid kit.

This stapler worked just as it was intended, we received no complaints from the pig and the product worked out nice very good for the price. I would recommend having one of these around as it is much faster than stitches.

Ok in all seriousness....one of my must haves for the bug out bag is books. I know, they are heavy and take up space. But anyone with military or law enforcement training will tell you...no matter what you think you know, never underestimate the mind numbing effects of panic.

For my everyday bag which is always in my car a paper back version of "How to Survive Outdoors"

For rebuilding a society you can't beat the FireFox Books and How Things Work. Avoid "for dummies" books...you gonna need to details. :laugh:

Store books in a vacuum sealed food bag with one moth ball. The double bag it. You can bury them in a cache somewhere and the will hold up very well.

oh...and nothing makes a better field dressing than ladies sanitary pads. Maxi for compression dressing and panty liners are great for poultices.

Last edited:

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
I picked up a Polish Rucksack while I was in Afghanistan, it is currently stuffed with multicam pants, cold weather tops and bottoms and a few odds and ends. I plan on getting the barrel of my hi-point 9mm cut down a little so I can stuff it in there with all my mags for it, and I am working on a sling for my shotgun to attach to the side and still be able to use it.

It fits quite a lot of stuff, almost double what a traditional green army duffel can hold. Its woodland camo which is great since my bugout plan involves moving from Texas to Ohio if shtf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378232519069.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378232519069.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread