New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
This is a great calculator. I have done some simple programming and know how much time and effort went into this. The only issue I am having is when I import a recipe from E-Juicemeup it deletes the cost of my PG and VG for all recipes. Nic and other flavoring cost are not affected. I will be using this calculator exclusively.

shynsly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Chicago
I don't know what could have happened. The program stores all recipes in a single file (XML file), if the file was corrupted you would loose all recipes and not a selected few. Is it possible that you have multiple recipe files (created by doing a "Save As") and the recipes in question were saved in a different file from the one that is currently opened?

Well i did have another file in the same folder, that i had saved when first installed not realizing that your program keeps all recipes in one file. I got rid of that extra file and the new version seems to be working. I will be using it this weekend and let ya know.

One thing that would be nice is there a way that we can get a screen shot of a recipe? The reason i ask is i usually mix up to 3-4 mixes at a time and i like to have all the recipes open at the same time so if they have common ingredients i can measure them all at the same time. With ejuice i could have multiple versions open at the same time to accomplish this. I thought if we could somehow get a screenshot of the recipe you could have them all open at the same time.

Just a thought.....

Thanks again for your Hard Work! :toast:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
This is a great calculator. I have done some simple programming and know how much time and effort went into this. The only issue I am having is when I import a recipe from E-Juicemeup it deletes the cost of my PG and VG for all recipes. Nic and other flavoring cost are not affected. I will be using this calculator exclusively.

I wasn't aware this was happening. I will investigate it and let you know what I find/fix.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Well i did have another file in the same folder, that i had saved when first installed not realizing that your program keeps all recipes in one file. I got rid of that extra file and the new version seems to be working. I will be using it this weekend and let ya know.

One thing that would be nice is there a way that we can get a screen shot of a recipe? The reason i ask is i usually mix up to 3-4 mixes at a time and i like to have all the recipes open at the same time so if they have common ingredients i can measure them all at the same time. With ejuice i could have multiple versions open at the same time to accomplish this. I thought if we could somehow get a screenshot of the recipe you could have them all open at the same time.

Just a thought.....

Let me see what I can do to address this.

To all, please keep ideas and suggestions for changes to make the calculator better coming in. I will address them all as quickly as I can.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Can you do the Auto-Fill on the recipes? Would make it a little easier if the recipe is known, kind of a PITA to scroll through a couple hundred recipes to get to something in the middle of the recipes.

When I added the auto fill for ingredients I attempted to do the same for recipes but I can't unless I remove the graphics that I added for the recipe ratings.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

One thing that would be nice is there a way that we can get a screen shot of a recipe? The reason i ask is i usually mix up to 3-4 mixes at a time and i like to have all the recipes open at the same time so if they have common ingredients i can measure them all at the same time. With Ejuice i could have multiple versions open at the same time to accomplish this. I thought if we could somehow get a screenshot of the recipe you could have them all open at the same time.

Just a thought.....

When I run the application on 1 of my Windows 8 PC's I can keep clicking the desktop icon and launch multiple instances of the application. The same is true on my Windows 7 PC. I have another PC running Windows 8 and it will only allow me to launch one instance of the application (strange). What version of Windows are you running?

On the PC which only allows me to run one instance of the application, I can launch the first instance, hold down the shift key and click on the icon in the taskbar and it will launch another instance (or multiple instances) of the application. Can you see if holding the shift key and clicking the taskbar icon allows you to launch multiple instances?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I posted version 2.1.0.38. The changes:
1. I fixed the problem with the PG/VG cost values being set to zero when importing recipes.
2. I allow for you to specify how many ml's of diluted nicotine you want to make in the dilute nicotine window.
3. I specify the number of grams of PG, VG and base nicotine to use when diluting the nicotine.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
just installed the new version, (.37) and I can not create a new ingredient on the manage ingredients screen, it's box is faded.. rename is still in bold.
any help
?????????

I did make a change related to creating and selecting ingredients. You should first type the name of the ingredient you want to select or create. If the ingredient exists, it will select it. If it doesn't exist you can click the create ingredient button to create a new one.

If you found a scenario where that is not working please provide me with the steps you are going thru and I will address or back out the change.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
just installed the new version, (.37) and I can not create a new ingredient on the manage ingredients screen, it's box is faded.. rename is still in bold.
any help
?????????

I should have also said, if you must type in a name. If the name is blank you will not be able to click the create button. When you click the create button the ingredient will be created with the name provided, no additional prompts.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Suggestion :)

When creating/modifying an ingredient, Could you change the cost so it includes cents?

I am like to see what it's really costing me to do DIY vs buying from a vendor

I don't understand. I went to the "Mange Ingredients" window and it shows and allows input of the cost in dollars and cents. I also reviewed the "Modify Recipe" window and it shows the total cost in dollars and cents. Which window is missing it?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I was reading in another thread where a person had two juices that they mixed together and liked it. He then wanted to calculate the percentages of the ingredients so that he could create a new recipe. I thought that this would be a nice feature to add.

I posted V2.1.0.39 which includes a new option in the tools menu, Merge two recipes. It allows you to select two existing recipes and specify the amount in ml’s or grams of each recipe. You then specify a new recipe name and based on the amounts of each recipe, it will create a new recipe entry.

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
I don't understand. I went to the "Mange Ingredients" window and it shows and allows input of the cost in dollars and cents. I also reviewed the "Modify Recipe" window and it shows the total cost in dollars and cents. Which window is missing it?

It's not....My brain wasnt functioning fully yet....LOL (needed to vape more! :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread