New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Can you setup the manage ingredients the same as add ingredients, referring to the autofill method.

Also any suggestions for an affordable scale? Did a little searching here, and other places, and it did not yield many choices other then cheap china stuff, which I'm a bit reluctant to invest in.

Good idea ccwaters, I just finished making the change but working also working on a change to increase the "grams" display to a precision of 1/1000's grams (rather than 1/100's). I also started making a change to allow for tracking the ingredient manufacturer but that is going to be a more substantial change and is going to take me some time. I might make another version available before I complete the manufacturer change.

I wanted to get an "affordable scale" but ended up spending a little more money than I intended after researching the various scales. But.. I really like the scale that I got. The link to the scale I purchased: American Weigh Scales LB-501 Compact Bowl Scale - LB-501 - 885395 - Page 1 | pcRUSH.com. It is a bit pricey ($45) but I am happy with what I got. I wished that I would have switched to mixing by weight sooner, it is so much easier and quicker. I can mix up a new juice in less than 5 minutes and that includes cleaning up after mixing.

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I went to the links but there is like 5 files which one is the one we are talking about?

The one named "Setup" with a version number is the program installation file.

I would suggest getting the ReadMe file too, It explains the workings of the program.

The other files are recipe files that you can open in the program.

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I just posted a new version V2.1.0.37.

One of the two changes was to change the precision from 1/100 of a gram to 1/1000 of a gram when displaying and printing the grams.

The other change was related to the manage ingredients screen. You may find it easier to select an existing ingredient and to enter a new ingredient name. Note that if you are accustomed to clicking the "Create Ingredient" button and being prompted for the new ingredient name that process has changed a little. Before clicking the "Create Ingredient" button you should first type in the new ingredient name in the area where you normally select ingredients. When you click the create button a new ingredient will be created with the name that you provided. No additional prompts will occur.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hey Hot Rod, i just installed the newest version and it appears to have lost some of my recipes. Any clues on what happened?
I don't know what could have happened. The program stores all recipes in a single file (XML file), if the file was corrupted you would loose all recipes and not a selected few. Is it possible that you have multiple recipe files (created by doing a "Save As") and the recipes in question were saved in a different file from the one that is currently opened?

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
Hi Hotrod!

First let me say what an awesome job you have done with this calculator!

I am new to DIY and I just started to look at the program. One thing i have noticed is under dilute Nicotine, where you have your base set to Xmg. In my case i bought 60mg Nic and want to dilute it to 6mg. Under desired levels, it would be great to have a desired amount. Meaning I want to dilute the nic into 50ml bottles. The results section would then tell me how much PG to add :)

Also it only tells me the ml's to add, what about including weight for those that measure by weight?

Thanks again!

Jeff

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi Hotrod!

First let me say what an awesome job you have done with this calculator!

I am new to DIY and I just started to look at the program. One thing i have noticed is under dilute Nicotine, where you have your base set to Xmg. In my case i bought 60mg Nic and want to dilute it to 6mg. Under desired levels, it would be great to have a desired amount. Meaning I want to dilute the nic into 50ml bottles. The results section would then tell me how much PG to add :)

Also it only tells me the ml's to add, what about including weight for those that measure by weight?

Thanks again!

Jeff

Great ideas and I will look into both of them. I just recently starting measuring by weight and didn't realize all of the areas where I was missing the option for weight.

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I import the data files it say it was a successful import but nothing comes up on the pull down menu. If I do get it to import, the recipes will be there until I shut down the program and restart it then they won't be there. I found juiceMEup,thinkin I might like it a little better. That last statement is by no means a slam against the creator of the calculator in this thread as I'm sure it is a great tool to work with.

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every time I import the data files it say it was a successful import but nothing comes up on the pull down menu. If I do get it to import, the recipes will be there until I shut down the program and restart it then they won't be there. I found juiceMEup,thinkin I might like it a little better. That last statement is by no means a slam against the creator of the calculator in this thread as I'm sure it is a great tool to work with.

Go to File in upper left corner, select open and the file of the recipies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread