Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
cant download it, it says virus detected
Yep, I agree with @Hoggy's suggestions. His link is where I got my download and updates. I have never had a problem.:)

For alternate sources, you can also try:
Google Drive
upload_2018-10-24_17-15-28.png

(click on image to enlarge)

Or....
Dropbox
upload_2018-10-24_17-20-30.png

(click image to enlarge)

Do note, all three locations (webpage, Google Drive, and Dropbox), provide the calculator as a compressed file (Zip compression). It may be, that your anti-virus software, is not able to read/scan the compression file and thereby giving you a false read/warning. You might check your AV documentation.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@eskapo,
I did a little further digging, and there were a couple of other ECF folks reporting virus warnings. Out of 17 posts that contained the word "virus," only one actually said they had an actual virus. That user never responded to posts trying to help; and no further reports of contamination. I am skeptical it came from the juice Calculator download.

You can read all of them in context by running this search:

upload_2018-10-24_17-57-19.png

Be sure to check the "Search this thread only" box to limit the search to discussions concerning juice Calculator.

As I said, there are only 17 results (before this post; I'm assuming it will be 18 now), so you should be able to get through them easily.

I would recommend sorting the results by date (vs. relevance) to make continuity more convenient. Just note that it is "newest first." So, start at the end, and work back to the beginning.;)

Be sure to let us know how you make out.:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The label feature, is one of the calculator's features I don't use... so I am only shooting from the hip here. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will come along before long.:blush:

First thought. Dymo 30330 is a designator for the label paper, and not for a specific printer. Double check your default settings. (BTW: what printer are you using the Dymo paper in? Your answer may help others better answer your question.)

Second thought. Have you tried running the "calibration" function (usually part of many printer's utility software) to make sure the new computer is talking correctly with the printer? That has cleared up a couple of printer issues I came across when changing laptops.

Third thought. You can compare your settings to HotRod's (using 30330). This seemed to work the last time you had problems.;)

If that doesn't get you out of the woods, confirm what printer you are using, and maybe someone with more experience will chime in.:D

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
The label feature, is one of the calculator's features I don't use... so I am only shooting from the hip here. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will come along before long.:blush:

First thought. Dymo 30330 is a designator for the label paper, and not for a specific printer. Double check your default settings. (BTW: what printer are you using the Dymo paper in? Your answer may help others better answer your question.)

Second thought. Have you tried running the "calibration" function (usually part of many printer's utility software) to make sure the new computer is talking correctly with the printer? That has cleared up a couple of printer issues I came across when changing laptops.

Third thought. You can compare your settings to HotRod's (using 30330). This seemed to work the last time you had problems.;)

If that doesn't get you out of the woods, confirm what printer you are using, and maybe someone with more experience will chime in.:D
Thanks @IDJoel this led me in the right direction. Turns out it was a setting on the printer again lol. The printer itself needs to be configured for 30330 which can be found in printer properties.

Reactions: IDJoel

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
@IDJoel Perhaps you may be able to advise me on something.
As the cost of concentrates fluctuate with volume bought, and supplier, are you aware of any way to input the costs that will average the cost over the volume in stock?
I have shied away from adding costs as it seemed to me that it was a worthless exercise if the costs for the flavor were always updated to the latest price paid.
Hopefully that makes sense to you.
TIA

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
As the cost of concentrates fluctuate with volume bought, and supplier, are you aware of any way to input the costs that will average the cost over the volume in stock?
I have shied away from adding costs as it seemed to me that it was a worthless exercise if the costs for the flavor were always updated to the latest price paid.
TIA
I get the idea. Nope... no cost averaging, or first in/first out management. You either need to do it manually, or enter various bottles/costs as separate ingredients.

I played with various options for a short while, but realized that even if there was a substantial cost difference, and because my flavoring percentages are relatively low, it rarely made a 5-10¢ difference in a 30mL batch. I quit thinking about it; and just update with each purchase.:)

• Agree
Reactions: G-Fog

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
TIA

There's no way to have it automatically do it.
What I think I did though a few times, is I added the total cost between the two and put that in the cost field - then I added the new ml-amount to the ml-remaining field manually. This calc takes the 2 "Cost" fields and simply does its division on them. (Edit: Wait -- I don't think that will do it.. I think I also added the new-ml to the previous original-ml amount and put that into the cost->volume field.)
Although my thinking on that could very well be fuzzy, I at least think that should make it calculate correctly.

But mostly, like IDJoel, I just put in the new ml-amount and new cost-amount and be done with it. The cost of doing DIY, for the home mixer, is so very low that it just doesn't matter much to justify worrying about it beyond that. Heck, it doesn't even matter much for me to put in the current cost anyways.. But I do it Like a Good Boy simply because the field exists.. Damn my OCD! :eek:

Last edited:

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
anyone have success with copying from http://.................... and importing? I choose to copy as simple text but nothing will paste into notepad. Am i doing something wrong?

I'm guessing you're referring to ELR (this site has some ludicrous censorship).
But you confirmed what happens here as well - I thought it was just me that it didn't work for. Nothing even gets copied to the clipboard, confirmed with the clipboard manager "Ditto".
However, even when copying was working quite a while ago, I'm not sure if I had a whole lot of luck with it. But then again, it hasn't worked for so long that I really forget.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@jayv,
I too am guessing, from your redacted link, that you are asking about importing from ELR? (BTW: ECF does not permit links to ELR.)
I choose to copy as simple text but nothing will paste into notepad. Am i doing something wrong?
I am no computer expert (we have far better/more learned thread participants), but that sounds like an issue between whatever browser you are using, and the document software you are trying to use.

I just tried it (using Firefox as browser), and pasted a random recipe to a blank Apache OpenOffice doc, and it created the document just fine. (I did not try importing to JC; as I had no interest in the recipe, and didn't care to be bothered deleting recipe and ingredients afterward.)
upload_2018-11-1_4-10-36.png

Hopefully, someone who actually imports recipes from ELR, will be along to share what works for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayv

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
(BTW: ECF does not permit links to ELR.)

Does anyone know what possible otherworldly reasoning is behind this? Would the same go for ATF?

But here, I'm using Firefox and it doesn't copy. I suppose it could very well be one of the many extensions I use, but I haven't gotten around to narrowing it down. Partly also because I don't want to deal with the mess of alternative ingredient names that doing so might add, anyways. So I'd rather enter them manually for the rare times I want to add one from one of the recipe sites.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Does anyone know what possible otherworldly reasoning is behind this? Would the same go for ATF?
The answers are there to be found, in older archived ECF threads, if one wants to go digging. General discussions, about the why's and why not's also seem to be frowned upon, so I am going to say no more. :oops:

But here, I'm using Firefox and it doesn't copy. I suppose it could very well be one of the many extensions I use, but I haven't gotten around to narrowing it down. Partly also because I don't want to deal with the mess of alternative ingredient names that doing so might add, anyways. So I'd rather enter them manually for the rare times I want to add one from one of the recipe sites.
I wholeheartedly agree!:thumb:

With many of the concentrates having multiple listings on ELR; using a default import is just a mess waiting to happen. I too manually build a recipe in JC whenever I find one I want to pilfer. It's fast (less than two minutes), and I cut&paste author notes, as well as URL to the original recipe. If the recipe calls for an ingredient I don't have; I add the sub in its place, and make a notation of the original ingredient. Or, if it is one I want to add; I create it then and there, and add it to my shopping list. It is the closest I ever get to multitasking.:facepalm: :laugh:

Reactions: Hoggy

TomKr

Oct 20, 2018
I have been so busy with mixing and other things, that I forgot about this forum, until it struck me an hour ago how much I appreciate this software and still did not make a donation.

Is it ok to use the PayPal option? Will the author get the money? And is he still active? Is he on this forum?

PS. I make it sound like it is a big deal. Not! It will probably be the value of a carton of stinkies in my country...

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I have been so busy with mixing and other things, that I forgot about this forum, until it struck me an hour ago how much I appreciate this software and still did not make a donation.

Is it ok to use the PayPal option? Will the author get the money? And is he still active? Is he on this forum?
If you left-click on his avitar (going to his initial post on page one is easiest); you can see his last log on. Yes, he still peaks in every month, or two.

As for PayPal; I would assume that as long as the account is still open/active, he is getting any and all donations.

As for HotRod being active... it depends on how you define it. He's alive; so he is active.:D But, it has been the better part of two years, since his last update.

To be fair, I don't know if it is health issues (the initial reason he took a hiatus), or if life just got too busy, or if he just had enough of the seemingly endless requests for changes (he was putting out updates on a near weekly basis).

At any rate, the program is stable, and does a solid job for which it was designed. I am tickled pink to have it!:thumbs:

If you are in a position to donate; I would say "go for it!" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread