Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by HotRod19579, Oct 16, 2013.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
OK, I heard enough. He deserve it. First ever donation I make for software!
Well, it did not work. I inputted the amount and clicked, donate with paypal. The screen refreshed and presented me with the original screen. So I will check tomorrow on my paypal account, but it seems impossible, as I was not taken to my PayPal account.
Well... that's odd.
After you check tomorrow (and assuming it did not go through), you can put in an inquiry with PayPal, to see if it is still an active account? (I took a quick peak; but couldn't figure out how to navigate.)
Also, for whatever it is worth, I see HotRod logged on just 10 minutes ago. Maybe shoot him a private message ("Start a Conversation"); and ask if he is still taking donations. Maybe he will reply?
Let us know; if you get it figured out.
I've heard that it might be this one. But who knows, after a good hiatus he might end up deciding to jump back in. Although there theoretically isn't too much to be done except cleaning up some loose ends and improving the speed as the database get larger. And hopefully he could even open-source it, so it doesn't have to languish if some Windows update ends up having problems with it - and/or if something happens to him. Of course I hope he's ok, which should go without saying.
If it was open-source, I might even think about how to add some coil-making stuff. This apartment building's wireless internet seems to go out occasionally - so no access to steam engine (for an entire weekend, once). Of course when that happens, I just thanks my lucky stars that I got an over-the-air broadcast tuner for some TV, access to use Lightroom to adjust my images, and THIS program instead of having everything being held hostage on ELR/ATF.
Back again with Dymo P&P Printer issue. I need to mix soon (who me procrastinate?) and decided what-the-heck, I want to try to print labels with my little USB Dymo label writer - that shouldn't take long. So with a new computer and a still unfamiliar OS I've been fiddling around, and I've got it almost working.
The almost is the label length. I use fairly soft plastic bottles from fast tech and the labels stay on better when they wrap all the way around. So I measured the circumference, added 1/2" and used that for the paper size, then used a little less for the label size, got a good looking sample on the screen, printed, and the label was auto-fitting so it definitely wouldn't go around the bottle.
Now I've tried different spaces between the columns, variations on centered or left, and all the combinations of that, since I'm going for 2 font sizes on 1 row, though I also tried just 1. This really isn't super important, since I can use the software that comes with the printer and just type in the info I want, but I'm so close...
For extra credit, Can I set something so the smaller of my font sizes can be vertically centered or set to the bottom, instead of the top?
I'm afraid I don't use the printer functions of HotRod's program... so I am of little help.
I am going to ask you to answer a couple of clarifying questions; in hopes it may give someone wiser, a head start to using you.
-- What specific Dymo printer are you using? (including specific model # can be helpful)
I tried looking for P&P printers on the Dymo website. And, the closest I could find was the PnP. Specifically, this one: LabelManager PnP
-- Which cartridge(s) do/are you using in it? (Again, pulling it out, and copying the model/part #, can be helpful)
Speaking in the most general of terms...
Whenever I am trying to troubleshoot a problem like you are now doing; I find it easiest to strip all data back to the bare minimum, and then add only one element at a time.
Since label length appears (from your post) to be your greatest concern; I would get rid of all text. This will confirm you can get a long enough label, to fully wrap around the bottle... without worrying if text, font, or graphic choices are contributing to the problem. (If the program doesn't allow for a blank label, add only the minimum number of characters required, and keep the font small... for now.)
When you get the level length to your liking; focus next on text. Choose a single font size. If it doesn't print properly; try a smaller font. Repeat until you get all data printed on a correctly sized label.
Once that is working; you can start experimenting on multiple fonts on a single line.
Get that working, and you can move on to multi-line, justifying/centering, graphics, or whatever. But... only add one variable at a time. I know it takes a little more time, and will likely waste a bit more label tape. However, the benefit is, it becomes much easier to identify what is likely causing any problem.
I wish I had a better/more immediate fix for you. But, that's the best I've got.
I wish you the best finding your solution.
Separate names with a comma.