The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Calculator to try

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by HotRod19579, Oct 16, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    I just use the find and replace ingredients tool, to replace uploaded recipes with my on hand flavors (there's a checkbox to delete after replacing)

• Like Like x 1
  2. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The short answer is; no, there is not a means to automatically swap ingredients during the import process.
    If you are following the calculator's instructions (Tools-->Import from text file-->Read this first!):
    upload_2019-5-30_14-14-29.png
    You can manually overwrite the ingredient you want to swap, while pasting into the text file, before importing it to the calculator. This will prevent the creation of the unwanted ingredient.

Or, you can use the Find & Replace feature (Edit-->Find and replace ingredients...), as @Shadav pointed out. This has the advantage of being able to change multiple recipes all at one time.

Or, you can manually change the ingredient, using the ingredient name drop-down. And then, manually deleting the unwanted ingredient.

As for the "Folder" option; that won't help for what you are trying to do. Its sole purpose is to allow the user to "group" flavors (e.g. creams, fruits, tobaccos, etc.). Then, if the option "Display ingredients by category" is selected (Tools-->Options...-->Ingredient defaults(tab)-->Display ingredients by category(checkbox)):
    upload_2019-5-30_14-29-17.png
    Your ingredient drop-downs will be rearranged in that order.
    (But, this feature/function has nothing to do with the creation/selection of ingredients).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael_S

Michael_S Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Michael_S

Michael_S Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Is there a way to sort ingredients by storage location?

My order has arrived. Some of the flavors are new. I I try to figure out which 'slots' are free to use for the new flavors.

Edit: I found it. In ingredient editor we can sort it by location.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1