Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Regarding to my previous post. May be the way I would like to see it is not possible. Let's say I import a recipe which contains Strawberry from FA instead of TPA. The TPA version is the one which I already have. Now it automatically adds the FA Flavor. Since I will substitute FA with TPA, I will delete the FA flavor. Because otherwise I might get a huge flavor list. Is there a way to show the new flavor in recipes only temporarily?

I hope it's understandable what I mean. I see there is an folder option in the flavor editor. Not sure if that may help me.
I just use the find and replace ingredients tool, to replace uploaded recipes with my on hand flavors (there's a checkbox to delete after replacing)

Reactions: Michael_S

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Regarding to my previous post. May be the way I would like to see it is not possible. Let's say I import a recipe which contains Strawberry from FA instead of TPA. The TPA version is the one which I already have. Now it automatically adds the FA Flavor. Since I will substitute FA with TPA, I will delete the FA flavor. Because otherwise I might get a huge flavor list. Is there a way to show the new flavor in recipes only temporarily?

I hope it's understandable what I mean. I see there is an folder option in the flavor editor. Not sure if that may help me.
The short answer is; no, there is not a means to automatically swap ingredients during the import process.
If you are following the calculator's instructions (Tools-->Import from text file-->Read this first!):
upload_2019-5-30_14-14-29.png

You can manually overwrite the ingredient you want to swap, while pasting into the text file, before importing it to the calculator. This will prevent the creation of the unwanted ingredient.

Or, you can use the Find & Replace feature (Edit-->Find and replace ingredients...), as @Shadav pointed out. This has the advantage of being able to change multiple recipes all at one time.

Or, you can manually change the ingredient, using the ingredient name drop-down. And then, manually deleting the unwanted ingredient.

As for the "Folder" option; that won't help for what you are trying to do. Its sole purpose is to allow the user to "group" flavors (e.g. creams, fruits, tobaccos, etc.). Then, if the option "Display ingredients by category" is selected (Tools-->Options...-->Ingredient defaults(tab)-->Display ingredients by category(checkbox)):
upload_2019-5-30_14-29-17.png

Your ingredient drop-downs will be rearranged in that order.
(But, this feature/function has nothing to do with the creation/selection of ingredients).

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
@Shadav Did you do a search for the file on your computer? If you didn't rename it, a search for JuiceMaster should find the program files and you should see the .xml file with the recipes. I thought I'd lost it once but suddenly it was back. I think I'd had multiple copies of the program open at one point and that may have triggered it.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
@Shadav Did you do a search for the file on your computer? If you didn't rename it, a search for JuiceMaster should find the program files and you should see the .xml file with the recipes. I thought I'd lost it once but suddenly it was back. I think I'd had multiple copies of the program open at one point and that may have triggered it.
nothing with that name, I have a folder EJuiceCalculator and my AllIngredientsTemplate.docx and AllRecipesTemplate.docx are both blank

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
nothing with that name, I have a folder EJuiceCalculator and my AllIngredientsTemplate.docx and AllRecipesTemplate.docx are both blank

Ugh. There should be an .xml file hiding somewhere in the folder. That's where the recipes are stored, it's not a .docx file.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
this is all that is in there.... and none of the xml files have recipies or ingredients in them (I checked) well the one has starter ones that came with the software but even those aren't showing up in my calculator
View attachment 835465
Is that all in your >This PC >Documents

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I think you have been looking in >program files >ejuicecalculator
Rather go to >This PC >Documents >JuiceCalculator
@Shadav
thank you, I didn't know about that folder, but all that is in there is pg.xml :(

yes I checked my trash and I even ran a restore to undelete files but they weren't there....

Reactions: G-Fog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread