The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Calculator to try

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by HotRod19579, Oct 16, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    omg I love you, I don't care but I love you.... it worked, it's all back!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The link to that file was broken somehow.

As default, all your data (recipes, ingredients, flavours etc), are saved to your My Documents folder as a xml file. Not sure how it goes about naming that file (mine is different), but you can even have multiples of that file (different names) should you choose. You could even move that file to another folder or even a NAS or cloud storage should you wish but would still have to link the program to that new location.

Also good idea to back up this file, perhaps to a Cloud Storage or thumb drive.

Glad it all worked out. Would suck big time if you lost all that data.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. G-Fog

G-Fog Senior Member ECF Veteran

That is great, I'm so happy @Punk In Drublic managed guide you in the right direction.
    I also learned something new from this, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Weslocke

Weslocke Full Member

Aug 11, 2009
    As a reply and a bump, the program will remember the last file you opened and use that by default. I keep my "MyList.xml" in my OneDrive folder so that it's constantly backed up to all of my computers everytime I save. Makes it handy to check inventories or steeping times when I'm not at my desk.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I do not use Juice Calculator as much as others do (but do use it from time to time) – devolved my own calculator using Excel which can be used on any device and not limited to a PC. It is kept on a local drive, networked through out my premises. Keeping it local means it can be accessed when the interwebs is down.

But I use a scheduling back up program (SyncBack) to back up to a cloud storage. SyncBack is very versatile for it can detect changes in any copy and update the out of date version. I have made notes when I am out and aboot (aboot is Canadian for about), and when I get home, my local version has been updated. Of course that is dependent on a working internet connection

• Like Like x 2