Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Been using this since the first release.
Best there is, and a reason I returned to Windows after a year-long fling with Mac and Linux.
Neither ran it very well, but gave the best performance in a virtual machine. 'Course, you have to have an actual copy of Windows to do that. Wine was too finicky, especially with printing.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Looong time user of this calculator, from the start. I have a problem though, new computer, clicked on calculator and have lost all my recipes, any help is greatly appriciated
take a look at below...I had a sort of similar issue....copy over your files from you documents folder, then open the pg.xml file, hopefully this will work fo you
um I have an issue.... opened my calculator today and it's blank...all my recipes are gone....backups gone....nothing is there....what should I do? I'm a bit heartbroken at the moment....

@Shadav Did you do a search for the file on your computer? If you didn't rename it, a search for JuiceMaster should find the program files and you should see the .xml file with the recipes. I thought I'd lost it once but suddenly it was back. I think I'd had multiple copies of the program open at one point and that may have triggered it.

@Shadav In your documents folder you will have a JuiceCalculator folder, within which should be all your backups

I think you have been looking in >program files >ejuicecalculator
Rather go to >This PC >Documents >JuiceCalculator
@Shadav

On the Recipe Calculator, click File, Open and point to your "pg.xml"

I just started using this calculator and for some reason I can create a recipe just fine and add my ingredients and manufatcturer. But when I go to create a new recipe I have to re-add my ingredients everytime. Is this normal? I click on the list and it goes ti blank including all my quantities reset after every new file is created. Please help.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What's that supposed to mean? I don't get what you are saying I got it here:

Juice Calculator

EXE files can be very dangerous to download, especially from REEEEEEEALLY old sites like that. It's not about you, it's about that site and the EXE file on the possibly being compromised. That site is really old and old sites get hacked a lot.

That's all I'm saying, bro. It's not about you. Relax.

Ill be more careful. Do you recommend newer software like juice grinder but that's costs a bit. This seems to be used by a lot of veterans like yourself didnt know it's that old...please elaborate and this program seems to be very accurate for mixing by weight. Please offer me a hand on good standalone software for mixing...I thought this was still the staple?

Better question what's the best mixing software out there for windows. juice grinder? Or...juice me up? Offer me a hand please.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I just started using this calculator and for some reason I can create a recipe just fine and add my ingredients and manufatcturer. But when I go to create a new recipe I have to re-add my ingredients everytime. Is this normal? I click on the list and it goes ti blank including all my quantities reset after every new file is created. Please help.

I guess I'm not fully understanding what you mean...
    when you create a new recipe
    it's going to bring up a new "screen" it should look like this
    upload_2020-5-11_11-45-55.png

where it is ready for you to create a new recipe....

or do you mean that your recipe wasn't saved? remember to hit that Save button before starting a new project

if you are wanting a template to use, go to the tools tab, then click on options
    then click on the Recipe defaults tab
    select from the drop down menu on Recipe to use as a template for new recipes which one you want to load
    now when you create a new recipe it will preload whichever recipe you chose to be a template to edit

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Ill be more careful. Do you recommend newer software like Juice grinder but that's costs a bit. This seems to be used by a lot of veterans like yourself didnt know it's that old...please elaborate and this program seems to be very accurate for mixing by weight. Please offer me a hand on good standalone software for mixing...I thought this was still the staple?

Better question what's the best mixing software out there for windows. Juice grinder? Or...juice me up? Offer me a hand please.

You have the best mixing app for Windows, don't be concerned by the age of the site or program.
    When dealing with IT security, you first have to ask these questions.
    1. How many people would be infected with the efforts?
    2. How much effort will have to be put into this?
    3. What's the intended payoff?

On all 3 questions, a juice mixing app on a low traffic site isn't going to meet the payoff for anyone of any skill.
    Those of lesser skill wouldn't be able to hide from any decent antimalware app.

Enjoy the program!

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Hello everybody.

I wonder where I can manage the categories for flavors. Add/delete.

I decided to merge a pair of categories I had created into 1. When I moved all the recipes into the one I was keeping, the now unused category didn't show in the drop down list of categories any longer.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My first post! Really like this app, a lot of features that make really "fun" create recipes, but i have a question, if i have Nic 48mg 100% PG Base and Nic48mg 100% VG Base, how i need to load the information to the app for get Nic 3mg 30%PG 70%VG Base? thanks in advance!
    Since you are only mixing for 3mg just enter/use one base and when it's gone change the setting for the other base.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    A few months back I started a thread about a new calculator that was available. Since that post I have received a lot of good input and have made several updates and added new features. I encourage you to download and try out the latest version. All feedback is welcome.

Download links:
    Juice Calculator

A summary of its features:
    Define and save ingredients
    • PG/VG percentage levels
    • Nicotine level (pre-mix ingredients)
    • Drops/ml and grams/ml
    • Cost of ingredient
    • Notes associated with ingredient

Define and save recipes
    • Nicotine, PG and VG level
    • Selection of defined ingredients to add
    • Notes associated with the recipe
    • See resulting amounts to add (drops, ML’s, grams) and total cost of the recipe

Modify an existing mix
    Have you ever created a mix and would like to change the nicotine level, increase or decrease a flavor percentage, change the PG/VG ratio or add additional ingredients while maintaining the same ratios of your other ingredients? The “Modify recipe” option will do this. After making your changes you will be informed how much of each ingredient to add to bring your existing mixture to the new levels.

Build a recipe by entering ingredient amounts
    Have you ever mixed something up by throwing together several ingredients and wanted to create a repeatable recipe by specifying the amount of each ingredient added? The “Build recipe” option will do this. Enter the amount of each ingredient added and then save the new recipe.

Includes a calculator to “Dilute nicotine” to a different mg/ml level and dilute to obtain a different PG/VG ratio.

Export your recipe(s) and ingredients to Excel.

Import your existing recipes from other popular calculators.

Search your existing recipes to find recipes that contain one or more of the ingredients specified.

Before you start using the calculator, make sure you setup your preferences on how the calculator operates by going to the “Options” window.

View attachment 262394
    Dissatisfied with a number of online calculators recently and having to manually calculate everything with the liquids I had to adjust, I was just about to post a question about recommendation for a decent, advanced calculator. But I found this thread and downloaded your calculator. First glance and scrolling through all the options: it looks like it will do exactly everything I was unhappy about with the online calculators I was using, and probably more :) nearly bedtime but I will explore it tomorrow, got 3 different coffe mixes that taste pretty rough so I'm planning to mix some vanilla custard and vanilla bean ice cream juices to cut them with, the "simple calculators" will come in handy :)

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
    Aug 6, 2013
    WI, USA
    got 3 different coffe mixes that taste pretty rough so I'm planning to mix some vanilla custard and vanilla bean ice cream juices to cut them with, the "simple calculators" will come in handy :)

A better option would be to select the recipe you want to change - to either add OR reduce.
    Then select 'Tools->Modify Existing Recipe' - then make your modifications and it will tell you how much to add of each ingredient to keep all ratios intact. After you've made the changes shown on THAT screen (only time it will show the change amounts), then save it to a new recipe. And, yes, you can even reduce -- but only by adding more of all the other ingredients, of course.

Using bottles with ML markings makes things easy when you need to enter the current amount of mix remaining before making your changes.

So, no need to mix the vanillas separately - just add however much it tells you to add. :thumb:

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    A better option would be to select the recipe you want to change - to either add OR reduce.
    Then select 'Tools->Modify Existing Recipe' - then make your modifications and it will tell you how much to add of each ingredient to keep all ratios intact. After you've made the changes shown on THAT screen (only time it will show the change amounts), then save it to a new recipe. And, yes, you can even reduce -- but only by adding more of all the other ingredients, of course.

Using bottles with ML markings makes things easy when you need to enter the current amount of mix remaining before making your changes.

So, no need to mix the vanillas separately - just add however much it tells you to add. :thumb:
    Thanks for the advice, it will come handy in the future :) Can't do it this time though as the juices I'm going to fix are in full bottles (60ml). I have spare 120ml bottles so I'm going to half fill them with the vanilla ice cream or custard and top up with I already have. But fair point, I could do it the other way around.
    I haven't done it yet, mixed some new juices instead: bubblegum +watermelon+ a lil bit of wild strawberry (first taste- disgusting, fail), and cherry bakewell + vanilla ice cream (disgusting so far, fail). I don't really have any ideas that might work for these two. The Mixmaster concentrates I used in both taste artificial as hell. Plastic watermeln and cherry. Disgusting

I don't have any bottles with ml scale, I'll have a look online if there are any affordable down here that I could get. I normally get cheap clear 60 and 120ml chubby gorilla bottles (PET), and usually use the 60ml ones, ocasionally I'll mix 120ml but not very often.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread